Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Granting
Star
Star
534 REPLIES 534
Anne2018
Aspirant
Aspirant
Anne2018
Aspirant
Aspirant
How do you know that? What’s the solution? Do Return the 3 cameras?
brh
Master
Master

Several users are saying that downloading the ios 12.1.1 public beta solves this problem.

Answieling
Initiate
Initiate
My app is no longer working on the latest update
jpower9
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have 10 Arlo Pro cameras across 2 base stations. Every time I try to view live video on my iPhone XS Max it locks up.
Janericster
Initiate
Initiate
Ditto here too. Just installed 12.1.1 public beta 3 and everything works again. But still no excuse for Netgear to release an update without testing it!
roberttassone
Initiate
Initiate

Thanks Brian,

I updated to Beta 12.1.1

all functions of Arlo now working correctly.

Much appreciated!

Arlo-user77
Aspirant
Aspirant
Lock happening to me too on iPhone XS Max. Every time. Tried everything. So disappointed. I work in industry and if I don’t see fix in next Couple days, going to spam this publically. This is redicous when people spend so much money to protect loved ones and it doesn’t work!!!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

My devices that work are a Galaxy Tab S3 on 8.0 and a Pixel 3 XL on 9 so it's not new devices and OSes. My problem device is an old Nexus 6 on a custom ROM, LineageOS 15.1 (Android 8.1).

Mommaklave
Aspirant
Aspirant
Great! How do I get the APT file in the meantime. So frustrating.
Jo_flo
Aspirant
Aspirant
app on iPhone nor working and freezes as soon as you want to watch live feed. Can’t do anything till it force closes its self.
Drru2004
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just noticed if you go to each device camera position setting you can view the camera live without freezing the iphone
Bbdpeg1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried UX switch but software keeps crashing my phone. App works fine on my iPad Pro and iPhone X but is crashing on iPhone X’s max. 

Jzsuppon
Aspirant
Aspirant

I wish I would have read these forums earlier, I recently moved and hadn’t hooked up my original arlo system that I bought few years ago so I hadn’t used for a month or two but bought two new Arlo Pro 2 to add to my system on Black Friday  and hooked up and my phone crashes every time I go live, are you kidding me! This system is a joke, time to return, move on to a better company that actually works and addresses software issues

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Many existing threads on this. It only happens on some devices. I have 3 and it only happens on 1. Open a case with support here to add pressure.

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

You can also try a different device and/or use a browser.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Many existing threads on this. It only happens on some devices. I have 3 and it only happens on 1. Open a case with support here to add pressure.

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

You can also try a different device and/or use a browser.

BobbyDNJ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo App for iOS Version 2.6.2 not able to live stream, freezes and then crashes. Note: Live streaming via web browser on Mac Air for same account still operating normally.

iPhone XS Max 256 GB (145 GB available) running iOS 12.1

iPhone device has been soft and hard reset

Arlo App reinstalled, no change

Arlo Smart Premier Paid Subscriber

I'm new to posting in these forums, if the iOS App feedback belongs elsewhere please point me in the right direction. Thanks!

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @AceAnya,

Are you running on the latest iOS version, which is 12.1, on your iPhone XS? Try to uninstall the app, restart the phone, and reinstall the app and see if this resolves the issue.

Hinaea
Aspirant
Aspirant
How do you do the beta updated
kpersson
Initiate
Initiate
iPhone XS Max 512Gb, iOS 12.1, Arlo 2.6.2

Sounds like iOS 12.1.1 is the way to go then... thanks!
Jimmymacbean
Initiate
Initiate
How do you get the APT file?
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@jpower9 wrote:
I have 10 Arlo Pro cameras across 2 base stations. Every time I try to view live video on my iPhone XS Max it locks up.

Not a great answer, but some folks have found that joining Apple’s beta program and installing iOS 12.1.1 solves the problem.  Others have found a workaround by using Positioning Mode.  Might be good until things are fixed.  One other wild card workaround is remote controlling a PC that has one of the working browser interfaces on it.  Two or three popular browsers are broken ,but some like Firefox, work.

AceAnya
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi @JessicaP,

Yes I have the latest iOS - just tried reinstalling the app a few times and it still does not work and freezes up my phone.
sylki
Aspirant
Aspirant

The new update version 2.6.2 doesn't work well on the iOS X iphone: freezes my screen and I can't even shut down my phone, doesn't respond to haptics, crashes. The previous version worked seamlesly. I wonder if I can restore it somehow? Otherwise the app is impossible to use at this time. 

Battman
Tutor
Tutor
I too wish I had read about the issues with this system. I am responsible for consumer service for a product that sells more systems than this and we respond to issues like this within an hour. Whoever is managing this brand should be ashamed.