Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Granting
Star
Star
534 REPLIES 534
jnselder
Tutor
Tutor

They just released 2.6.3 So far it fixed my iPhone X S Max

firetitan
Star
Star
Woohooo just tested thanks for the heads up
All my 9 cameras worked !!! On live view
Now if they got the 3D force touch to work back like 2 versions ago , I will be happy , then I can arm all 9 cameras and 3 hubs like I used to with one icon push
I think I will start another thread for this issue 🙂
Thanks all for all the comments and feedback guys and gals I really think it helped speed things up with Netgear
kbng
Luminary
Luminary
app version 2.6.3 is available and solves the freeze problem on iphone xs-max.
mattmacosta
Tutor
Tutor
How do you updare to 12.1.1 beta?
englundma
Aspirant
Aspirant
Exact same problem with an iPhone XS Max. Please fix.
Raidereyes2
Initiate
Initiate
Problem is fixed for iPhones now update just released!
kbng
Luminary
Luminary
app release 2.6.3 is available. freeze problem is solved with this.
chappiehow
Tutor
Tutor
Same issue here with the new update. Cannot watch live video. It crashes my XS MAX.
kbng
Luminary
Luminary
latest ios app update is 2.6.3. and this is running on iphone xs-max.
Tapout
Star
Star
Tapout
Star
Star
There is a new update.

Double check your settings and watch your batteries on the cameras.
chappiehow
Tutor
Tutor
How do you download the latest version 2.6.3? I can’t find where to update.

Hc
Battman
Tutor
Tutor
Go to the App Store on your iPhone. If you select the updates icon below you should see a list of apps that have updates. Arlo should be on there and you can select the update button. If not, search for it and it should come up with an update button to select. .
masterbeat
Guide
Guide

My Arlo app on iPhone XS Max, app version 2.6.2, now crashes EVERY TIME I try to click on any of my various wireless cameras to see a live view.  The app will hang after pressing on a camera view, then usually the app crashes completely.  Ocassionally, the live view will come up full screen after a very long delay, but usually it crashes.

I have deleted the app and uninstalled it 3 times, same result every time.

This is making Arlo completely unusuable as I travel constantly and viewling Arlo from my app remotely is how I use it.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Many existing threads on this. It only happens on some devices. I have 3 and it only happens on 1. Open a case with support here to add pressure.

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

You can also try a different device and/or use a browser.

kbng
Luminary
Luminary
on the iphone search the local app called appstore. tap it, move your finger down, the list of new updates will be updated. point at arlo to download latest version.
Woolie
Tutor
Tutor
New version of the app was rolled out this morning.
After installing the freezing has stopped.

I’m cautiously optimistic it will be a permanent fix
masterbeat
Guide
Guide

Same problems

My Arlo app on iPhone XS Max, app version 2.6.2, now crashes EVERY TIME I try to click on any of my various wireless cameras to see a live view.  The app will hang after pressing on a camera view, then usually the app crashes completely.  Ocassionally, the live view will come up full screen after a very long delay, but usually it crashes.

I have deleted the app and uninstalled it 3 times, same result every time.

This is making Arlo completely unusuable as I travel constantly and viewling Arlo from my app remotely is how I use it.

How is it possible we are going on a week now with no fix to this major problem?

jomifo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here.  iPhone XS max freezes on live view.  Can't even power down the phone.  Have to wait for it to reset itself.  Frustrating.  Hope arlo fixes this soon, can't be helping their brand image.

chappiehow
Tutor
Tutor
I just fixed mine and problem is solved. Go to App Store and update Arlo App. It fixes it.
Purolatino22
Tutor
Tutor
Arlo app update released 11-26-18 for Apple users to fix this freezing issue. No need to download beta 12.1.1. I’m back LIvE
chappiehow
Tutor
Tutor
It’s been fixed. Go to App Store and update Arlo App.
Purolatino22
Tutor
Tutor
Update your arlo app on iPhone. Arlo release update yesterday 11-26-18. It is finally working for me after a week.
Demilucy
Initiate
Initiate
Update solved issue! Thank you!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue has been resolved in the most recent version of the iOS mobile app. Please be sure to update to the latest version available from the app store.

Take a look here form release information: Arlo iOS App - 2.6.3 - 27th November 2018

JamesC