Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Granting
Star
Star
534 REPLIES 534
firetitan
Star
Star

Please Development Team let us know when the next version post 2.6.2 will be released and let the Arlo community know, so we can at least have an idea when we can use the product again

Live view is unusable and hangs my Iphone XS Max every time, you can't even click the side buttons

Please urgently fix and release a new version soon

This is the worst version of Arlo IOS app I have ever experienced in the last 2 years , at least previous versions did not hang your phone .

You have such an excellent product I have had very few issues with connectivity and I have 9 cameras.

But all the new software releases are destroying your reputation, together with your outdoor power cables which were advertised as waterpoof but were not, even though you issued a recall, who will pay for my electrician to go up on the roof and replace 8 cables, this was an extremely disappointing state of affairs.

I have spent over $2500 on your system and my confidence level is getting lower with every IOS Arlo app release.

Please listen to your users and field test your software properly before releasing it.

firetitan
Star
Star

I have the same issue !!!

Please Netgear fix this ASAP

All Arlo Community users please add to this thread if you are having issues with

1) Iphone X or XS MAx

2) IOS 12.1

3. IOS Arlo app 2.6.2

Developers please give us an ETA to 2.6.3

TheEvansHead
Initiate
Initiate
I’m having issues with my app since the update 2 days ago. Every time I open the app, it functions fine, but when I go to live stream one of my cameras, I can hear audio but the screen is completely frozen. I have to soft reset my phone every time just to get out of the app. Anybody else experiencing this/have a solution?
Dtnr8b
Apprentice
Apprentice
Yes. Arlo will not open. Nov 22 18
Robjames1960
Tutor
Tutor
I read a thread on Google to go back to the last update, "2.6.2_22800"
I downloaded it and got my camera surveillance working again. I don't know how to disable automatic updates, but at least it's back and working for now.
Good luck,
erikruzicka
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have same issue mate. No live viewing. Frozen my phone. I got iPhone XS MAX 12.1 iOs
sins7x
Aspirant
Aspirant

Latest Arlo app crashes on startup for me too.   Previous version was fine.   Since upgrading to 2.6.3_23000 there is an issue.    Tried uninstalling and still have issues.   Please could the devs fix ASAP.

(Google Nexus 6, running LineageOS, Arlo Pro / Arlo Q cameras)

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You didn't contact Arlo support - it's free. Stop Googling for support and use the links here. Use the Contact Support link at the bottom here and again on the new page. On the 3rd page are options.

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

I would run complete scans on your device to try to remove any possible malware installed by the scammers if you allowed them access.

Robjames1960
Tutor
Tutor
Sir,
If you can download the earlier version of the update from October.
This will get your system back working. Uninstall the newest version first. Then install 2.6.2_22800
You can get it on Google as a free download.
Worked for me.
Robjames1960
ShaneRiddell
Aspirant
Aspirant
Mine started working again late last night but no upgrade to the app as far as I can tell. Anyone else seeing it work now as well?
Ciangi87
Initiate
Initiate
Every time I open app and hit live view it freezes my iPhone X’s max and app crashes. Needs fix ASAP
Medic7077
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same. Locks up and crashes iPhone XS Max when trying to view a camera. Everything worked fine in the previous version. Using Arlo Pro 2. 

Sully165
Guide
Guide
It’s still locking up my iPhone.
MTP60
Guide
Guide
Since I have switched to new iPhone X Max, IOS 12.1 Arlo app crashes, locks up, or reboots the phone.
Mainly reboots phone.
Have uninstalled app restarted phone and nothing seems to help.
HELP! PLEASE!
Is there a solution to this?
ShaneRiddell
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ok this is a long shot and I don’t know if this fixed it. But right before it started working I went into iOS settings scrolled down and opened Arlo and switch on the ‘classic UX’ switch, then opened Arlo and viewed live video and it worked. I then switched classic ux off and it’s continued to work so far.
LIROSE
Guide
Guide

Do yourself a favor and return the system. It's literally junk now.

aeniman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same - app completely crashes every time I try to watch a video, live stream or otherwise. This morning, had to hard reset my Iphone XS Max. Latest software iOS update installed, and deleted and redownloaded Arlo app - did nothing. FIX THIS PLEASE, I use this for my baby monitor and live in a city that is NOT safe, especially when burglary increases around the holidays.

tinyvaldemar
Star
Star

There is no solution yet except downgrading the app by installing an older build found on Google (works for some poeple). Arlo has not yet acknowledged this as an issue and that should be the first step

MSB1033
Initiate
Initiate

Arlo is a joke. The last two upgrades either crashes the iPad or iPhone. Version 2.6.2 now crashes the iPhone. Everyone, please tell people not to buy this product. The company is terrible in replying to bug issues

MSB1033
Initiate
Initiate

This software issue is a joke. Tell everyone you know not to buy this product. It has not worked since version 2.5.1. All of versions 2.6 and higher do not work and they they crash the iPhone   They are clueless how to fix it and release upgrades without any testing. Just buy an iPhone and install it and you will see that it doesn’t work. Tell anyone thinking of buying this product. 

Darrylk
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same here! Very frustrating!
azzalina43
Initiate
Initiate
Fixed!! Hello strange fix for IPhone xs max but try this it worked for me.
Exit app and force close it.
Go to your control center and start a screen recording.
Go back into arlo app and it works fine. Try this

Make sure you force close arlo before starting screen recording.
Dtnr8b
Apprentice
Apprentice
Are you referring to Arlo update? Where on google do you find it?
harttim1
Initiate
Initiate

Same issue here...broke on the latest update.  iPhone Xs Max - 5 cameras mix of Arlo 2 and original.  Contacted support - they had me try a few dumb things as usual.  You really have to wonder if they test this stuff.  We should start a Go Fund Me so that they can all buy the new iPhones or give them a pot of money to hire us to test for them.  C'mon Man!!  

paksar
Aspirant
Aspirant

i have the same issue. is there a fix for this.