Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Is ARLO Down AGAIN ?!

Arlo-Man
Luminary
Luminary

Cannot log in, https://arlo.netgear.com/#/login on my iMac just loads a blank page. FRUSTRATING !

185 REPLIES 185
Ronin8793
Apprentice
Apprentice
I've had this system for 6+ months. I gotta say, I can't recommend it. This stuff happens way too often.
ant
Mentor
Mentor

@CobraJet wrote:

Hi Christine ... I already rebooted my base station thinking it was an isolated incident with my equipment but this is obviously a NETGEAR system problem, therefore I wouldn’t worry about rebooting your base station or shutting off your cameras.

Regards ...CJ

Ditto. Do NOT touch your stuff. Let fix Netgear fix their end first.

JimAltman
Apprentice
Apprentice
@jess8301 wrote:
I just purchased and installed my system and now the app is down...does this happen often?

Not really.  Its been pretty reliable and i have been using them for a number of years.  Outages are rare.

Fixing bugs in apps is another matter.  It takes freakin forever to get them to fix em.

Uhly101
Guide
Guide

there should be a haha option on this forum, with regards to these dopes being listed on the NASDAQ now.  Hurray!

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Good afternoon Arlo Community,

Thank you for posting this! I can confirm we are investigating and will be posting an update promptly.

Best Regards,

ChristineT

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
Spago
Initiate
Initiate

Yes, I can't logon either and my internet is up also

Its 4:50pm Saturday

Spago

Orrfamily
Apprentice
Apprentice
HurdyGurdy
Star
Star

Lol that was kind of a joke - now i have no choice but to follow; let's get trending 

RChobby
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Bad show that it happens on the same day as the letter from the company telling us how great and exciting the new, spun off, Arlo is.
ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

@ant ~ Yes, thank you! I can confirm we are investigating and will be posting an update promptly.

Best Regards,

ChristineT

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
Rotharon78
Initiate
Initiate
Are online services down?
vbdevpro
Initiate
Initiate

Just dropped a half a thousand on this system and signed up for the premium service. IS this what I can expect? Very, very angry about this. First day on and the servers are already down? Please tell me this doesn't happen all of the time. Also, when it DOES happen, does the base station atleast still save the video to the plugged in USB drive? 

harley239
Apprentice
Apprentice

Same here, bombarded with motion detections and cant log in for hours. Always on the weekend.

harley239
Apprentice
Apprentice

@vbdevpro wrote:

Just dropped a half a thousand on this system and signed up for the premium service. IS this what I can expect? Very, very angry about this. First day on and the servers are already down? Please tell me this doesn't happen all of the time. Also, when it DOES happen, does the base station atleast still save the video to the plugged in USB drive? 

Happens alot more often than it used to.

dekat12
Star
Star

Yes. Problem started about an hour ago.

Hairfarm
Star
Star

Great. Problems with th app and browser-based log-in. Out of town and just when I needed Arlo the MOST. Time to eBay my Arlo once and for all.

jbow2018a
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes been down for hours. Delayed notification on motion detection, unable to access cameras with app, base station down, etc.
dekat12
Star
Star

what good are these cameras if the service keeps going down.

Arlo-Man
Luminary
Luminary

@vbdevpro wrote:

Yes, expect this. It happens FAR too often.

Sveinolse
Luminary
Luminary

Yeah...  But for how long more....

---Svein Olsen, Oslo, Norway---
(...and I hope Google translater do it well...!)
dekat12
Star
Star

Yes for about an hour. What good is this system is these issue persist?

Very expensive and nothing but issues

Hairfarm
Star
Star

Taken from Arlo's welcome splash screen:

"Arlo lets you protectwhat you love.

Stay connected to what matters most with smarter home security."

Seriously, what a joke. Why does this happen when I'm out of town?  eBay!

Sveinolse
Luminary
Luminary

@vbdevpro wrote:

Also, when it DOES happen, does the base station atleast still save the video to the plugged in USB drive? 

Yes, the USB storage device will store the recordings even if the internet is down. You can watch the USB device recordings afterwards.

---Svein Olsen, Oslo, Norway---
(...and I hope Google translater do it well...!)
ant
Mentor
Mentor

@ChristineT wrote:

Thank you for posting this! I can confirm we are investigating and will be posting an update promptly.

Best Regards,

ChristineT

Thank you, Christine. Please kindly follow up when it is finally fixed.

dekat12
Star
Star

Often enough to make me sorry I purchased this. I wanted something that was easy to install and worked great. Extremely disappointed with this