Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
msdeb
Guide
Guide

Lots of times recently when I try to view my camera activity on my phone I have been getting the message, "You are not connected to the Internet. Please check your connection." There is nothing wrong with my connection. Everything but Arlo is connected. What's wrong?

117 REPLIES 117
Linusl
Luminary
Luminary
Interesting. To me they said this is a known problem and they are looking for a cause and fix.
boz151
Guide
Guide

I am having the same problem.  I will try uninstalling the app and reinstalling.  The cameras generally show online in the website when they appear offline in the app.

Cmarcille
Aspirant
Aspirant
My app shows that all my devices are offline. Yet it still sends me recordings. Also if I log out of the app and log back in the cameras will show for a short time. Deleted the app and re-downloaded it and also reset everything with no fix
CP312
Guide
Guide
Well... app update comes out and nothing is fixed. I think it’s about time they give me my $800 back. If only someone at customer service would actually answer the phone.
Linusl
Luminary
Luminary

The app update seemed to have fixed this for me. Had to login again and it was lightning fast to load the feed on the "unit" page in the app. I did get one "you have been loged out because of another login from another device" warning at one time but it went away in less than a second. Just a bugged warning at the top.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Does this issue still occur with the latest version of the Arlo Mobile App 2.20?

CP312
Guide
Guide
Yes, for me, everything is still offline and nothing has improved.
Linusl
Luminary
Luminary

@CP312
I think you might have another type of issue/problem since you describe it as constantly offline. The bug was that it had offline status for up to 60sec before it worked. Have you tried unplugging and replugging the basestation or camera if its wifi cameras? And log out and back in to the app?

CP312
Guide
Guide
Possibly I guess though my issues started when everyone else’s started it seems. Yes I’ve tried all that and nothing changes. It’s pretty frustrating.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Cmarcille

Is this issue occurring on ios or android?

WilkesJNR
Aspirant
Aspirant
The app update seems to have resolved this for me. My cameras have been online for 24-36hrs with no issue.
Davhd
Star
Star

Resolved issue I was seeing across multiple apple devices.  Much better...Thank you.

JimOfWA
Tutor
Tutor

APP 2.20(1201) Released 9/5/2020 seems to have resolved this issue

JimK; Humanity over Flag

Cmarcille
Aspirant
Aspirant
iOS
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello,

This issue should now be resolved. Please make sure you have the latest version of the Arlo Mobile App v2.20.

JoshBear
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

Not had any re-occurrence since  the update. 

Thanks

Josh

Davhd
Star
Star

I have not had issue since update, all 3 iOS devices working as expected.

JimOfWA
Tutor
Tutor
Looks like it is solved. All camera’s remained online. JimK; Humanity over Flag