Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

hallinmas
Initiate
Initiate

I have Arlo Pro cameras and just today my geofencing is not working. I am home and the app says that I am "In Zone", yet it is saying that the system is armed. I also noticed that Arlo Smart is not filtering, and it is allowing all motion for one of my cameras to come through when it should only be People. Is there a bug? Any help would be appreciated. I already tried unplugging the base station and restarting. Thanks!

932 REPLIES 932
Nadigator
Guide
Guide

It recognizes that you are @ Home - that's not the problem.  Create couple custom modes and set it to use them while @ Home -- it will work.  It just does NOT work with "SCHEDULE" !!!

Ppetrer
Initiate
Initiate
Hi
I note that there are several post relating to the unpredictability of geofencing
Over the past few weeks my system recognises away mode as sets the lark to active but when I return I receive notification that I am entering home zone but the system does not reset to home mode and deactivate

The only way I can resolve this is to manually disarm and then select geofencing I then receive a you are in home mode and the system is disarmed

I have reset all settings deleted and reinstalled the Arlo app which is the latest version

I am using the app on iPhone 6

I also note several posts suggesting that more app fixes are due shortly may I ask if these are likely to fix this problem or do you have any other suggestions
Thankou
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Ppetrer wrote:

I note that there are several post relating to the unpredictability of geofencing

Most of them describe exactly the same issue that you report.

Catch up here on all the stuff that you missed:

Geofencing not disarming when I arrive home after ... - Page 10 - Arlo Communities

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Wizardsmw
Initiate
Initiate
Same problem for me with an Arlo system. Has Netgear even acknowledged the issue?
Roc514
Aspirant
Aspirant
Have the exact same issue for my wife and I iphone ;(

Please help!
JarheadTN
Guide
Guide

I am having the same issue.  I only have Geofencing on my phone - Samsung S7.  This isn't just an IOS issue. It affects Android as well.  I have it set to Armed when outside radius and schedule inside radiius. I then set up the Schedule to be armed from 10pm to 6am no matter what.

I come home and the system does not disarm. I have tried, small, medium and large radius. I can be sitting in the living room with my phone in hand and the system still gives notifications and records.  This causes unnecessary drain on batteries and extra videos to filter through. I can leave my phone in the house during the hours of 6a to 10p when it should be disarmed and the system picks up my every movement.

When is Arlo going to correct their Geofencing.  

Also, my notifications seem to store up and wait until I actually pick up my phone and open an application.  Then I get dozens of notifications for the past couple hours. 

Last update on Google Play shows 5/23. Nothing new since then.

RSC1
Apprentice
Apprentice
They know. Unfortunately, the new build didn’t fix it and I still get inactive activity zone warnings due to AC being disconnected.
RSC1
Apprentice
Apprentice
My wife and I are geofenced. The mode identifies that we’re home, but won’t disarm the cameras. I like the idea of scheduling when we’re home at night.
beerboot
Aspirant
Aspirant

We've got 2 iPhones set up for geofencing. The app says our devices are in the zone, but the cameras remain armed. The constant motion alerts when we're at home are driving us nuts. Been loyal Arlo users for a long time and we're super-fans since the system helped us catch an in-progress burglary last year. Three stupid teenagers were arrested and convicted and we got all our stuff back thanks to your amazing cameras. We love you, Arlo! Please, please, please fix this.

Davidperry1987
Aspirant
Aspirant

I always have my Arlo Pros armed because they are outside but have the Arlo Q set to arm when I leave. It’s been working fine for about 8 months and now geofencing has stopped working. At first it would see I am home when I open the app but now that doesn’t even work. In the app settings location is still set to always allow. 

Any help would be appreciated. I sure don’t want alerts all day when I’m home and walking in front of it 

RSC1
Apprentice
Apprentice
They’ll get it fixed. It’s just annoying in the mean time.
siddrajput
Guide
Guide

Any timeline of the fix?

bmwdriver7175
Apprentice
Apprentice
And today the released an update and completely ignored our problem version 2.7.10 and still broken
June11eleven
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue. Issue persists after update iOS app to 2.7.10. 

Speedvagen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Geofencing was working great for months but in the past couple of weeks it has been semi-working.  Whenever we leave the home zone, Arlo will go to Away mode and arm the cameras.  But when we get back into the home zone, Arlo will not go to Home mode.

To get it to Home Mode, I have to open the App, change the mode to something other than Geofencing and then change it back to Geofencing.  When I do that, Arlo will then recognize I am in the home zone and go into Home mode.

It’s strange that Geofencing can identify when I leave but not when I come back.

Anyone else having this issue?

wackyshadow
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yep, same here. Was working fine for years. It just started happening recently.

dhung
Apprentice
Apprentice

iOS app v2.7.10 did not fix Geofencing problem started since 20th/21st May update

no new Android App yet

ChargingBlindly
Tutor
Tutor
It’s not triggering home status when coming back into zone. Triggering away is fine. The only way to get it to trigger is to manually change from geofencing to disabled and then back to geofencing. Then it registers as home. The latest app update didn’t fix.
Jarrodspence
Aspirant
Aspirant
The geofencing on my app isn’t registering when I come home. It seems to correct itself when I change it to arm then back to Geo fencing, it registers that I’m nearby and disarms itself then when I leave it then I arms itself. But whenever I come back it fails to disarm. I’ve checked the devices and mine is checked, and I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the app but no such luck
Jarrodspence
Aspirant
Aspirant
It seems there was an update today but this has been going on for a while, and was not corrected by this update for iOS. 2.7.10(91)
waolson74
Tutor
Tutor
Same issue here as everyone else is reporting. App shows that our phones are in zone but cameras are still armed. Installed the latest app and iOS updates yesterday and still having the issue. Eagerly waiting for a solution. 😭
bmwdriver7175
Apprentice
Apprentice
Gosh, we can’t even get a “we’re aware of this issue and are diligently working to fix it’” from them. Yet alone get an actual fix. If I ran my company like this I’d be out of business.
RSC1
Apprentice
Apprentice
I think we can safely assume that.
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@bmwdriver7175 wrote:
Gosh, we can’t even get a “we’re aware of this issue and are diligently working to fix it’” from them. Yet alone get an actual fix. If I ran my company like this I’d be out of business.

It may be difficult to find in the sea of replies here, but one of the moderators has acknowledged the problem and the fact that it is a top priority.

ToastyFlake
Apprentice
Apprentice

Arlo moderator JessicaP posted this yesterday "Our development team is investigating reports from users who are not able to use Geofencing as expected and will provide updates when available. We appreciate your patience and apologize for the inconvenience." That was the first acknowledgment by Arlo that I saw.