Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

hallinmas
Initiate
Initiate

I have Arlo Pro cameras and just today my geofencing is not working. I am home and the app says that I am "In Zone", yet it is saying that the system is armed. I also noticed that Arlo Smart is not filtering, and it is allowing all motion for one of my cameras to come through when it should only be People. Is there a bug? Any help would be appreciated. I already tried unplugging the base station and restarting. Thanks!

932 REPLIES 932
RSC1
Apprentice
Apprentice
Understood, but if I were a developer I would want to be aware of the frequency and prevalence of an issue.
Mimijo5563
Initiate
Initiate
Is there an update coming for iOS?
SLTexas
Tutor
Tutor
From the posts and the tech support that aren’t able to fix it, I would hope they would know it’s a large spread issue. Some of the problems go back several years.
DUG1138
Initiate
Initiate

Same problem here. It's been happening ever since the last update.

RSC1
Apprentice
Apprentice
Yes, except that not all reported issues are the same. The only commonality in many is that geofencing isn’t working.
dhung
Apprentice
Apprentice

@ToastyFlake wrote:
Why are you mentioning beta testers? It’s not working for people who are not on beta software.

I'm just been sarcastic, we are all Arlo's beta tester, get it? Smiley Tongue

siddrajput
Guide
Guide

Hello,

My Geofencing feature on my Arlo detects when I leave home and arms itself, but does not detect when I return home and does not disarm itself. It used to work fine, but recently it stopped working. I don't know what happened. I have deleted the iOS apps on both iPhones and reinstalled them, but still the behavior is the same.  It's set to Geofencing mode, to arm itself when I leave, and follow the schedule when I'm home.

Any help troubleshooting would be greatly appreciated.

VernonP
Aspirant
Aspirant

Does anyone know if today's software update fix the Georfencing issues that we have been experiencing?

Rksanti
Aspirant
Aspirant
Having the same issue since the last update. Very frustrating. Have had my Arlos for about 2 years and have never had a problem before
FortLawrence
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have been having the exact same issue.
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@BillTHollins wrote:

Over 200 entries just for this one thread, and same in other threads...

You may find that many of those other messages have been merged into this discussion.

Some people can't be bothered/don't know how to check for existing discussions so they start all over again.

The Netgear moderators may have been trying to keep things under control. Which sort of disproves this bit:

@BillTHollins wrote:

They ignore the user community, the support email and just carry on oblivious!!

Rest assured, they know about this problem.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Adrian1234
Guide
Guide

"Rest assured, they know about this problem."

On the one occasion I did manage to get Live Chat working (Tuesday 28th May) I was told "I see, yes, we have some issues reported but good things is it has been rectified." and "Can we try to rename the device on your phone?". After she gave me few more detailed instructions I said "OK. I will try that. Will this be corrected in the next firmware update?". Her response was "Please do. It should be rectified after taking these steps.". So two days ago support was not aware of the issue.

Steve-M
Star
Star

There is a new app update available this morning for download on my iPhone, the question is...does it fix the issue?

SLTexas
Tutor
Tutor
My last available update was May 25th. Hopefully there is another one
Trainer24
Initiate
Initiate

Geofencing works as expected when leaving the property ie the system is armed - when returning to the property I receive a notification that I am in the "home" geofence area but the system doesn't change the system status from armed to disarmed.  The problem is the same for both users using the iphone app.

OldBob22
Aspirant
Aspirant

I don't know anything about computers, so can someone tell me if, when the system is all working properly, I can do anything to stop Arlo messing it up again.  Is there not a moto - if it isn't  broken dont fix it. Why do they keep tinkering?

Thanks

Jsmitty66
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have the exact same issue with geofencing.  It just started over the last week or two.  I’m using a mix of Arlo and Arlo Pro cameras with an Arlo Pro Base and the iOS app.

svrarlo
Tutor
Tutor
Installed V2.7.10 this morning and it resolved my one issue with playback of videos, but did not resolve geofencing issue. So I sit with my cameras disarmed so I don’t get bombed with alerts even though it shows I am INZONE.
Adrian1234
Guide
Guide

"There is a new app update available this morning for download on my iPhone, the question is...does it fix the issue?"

NO

ToastyFlake
Apprentice
Apprentice
There’s no denying their customer service is terrible.
sjaguiar
Aspirant
Aspirant

having same issue here. The one thing I did notice is that arlo geofencing shows "in zone" but when I look at the triangle on the map showing my location, it shows it about 3 blocks away. It isn't a problem with my gps because all other mapping programs show me within a foot of where i"m standing. Please fix asap.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Our development team is investigating reports from users who are not able to use Geofencing as expected and will provide updates when available. We appreciate your patience and apologize for the inconvenience. 

Colintoo
Star
Star
Thank you Jessica! Finally an acknowledgement that there is an issue. I hope the problem is resolved soon but at least we now know that it is being worked on.
RSC1
Apprentice
Apprentice
I get it. I’m patient and understanding. Knowing it’s a developer hot button is good enough for me. There were evidently too many threads started on the same issue.
Linusl
Luminary
Luminary
Bah. Stupid arlo, stupid arlo cloud.

All cameras just went offline (statis sais offline) but they are still registering movement and sending notifications.

Someone at arlo did something stupid again.

Edit: ”working” again.
Still geo is messed up. Need to deactivate and activate for it to change status. Sigh.