Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Keniofdavalley
Follower
Follower
The app says “database service is currently down” and could not connect to my cameras
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dear Arlo Customers,

Thank you for your patience. Arlo services are now fully restored. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. The disruption in service which affected some of our customers was due to a technical issue that arose during routine system maintenance.

For updates and more info on what happened, please visit this thread in the Arlo Community.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Stories/Arlo-Service-Down-Temporarily-Unable-to-Login/m-p/1521...

JamesC

View solution in original post

377 REPLIES 377
kmiller8821
Luminary
Luminary

I'm seeing the same message and can't access my library or see my system.

sjunwood
Star
Star

sjunwood
Star
Star

Mine is saying the same thing, Cant log on from desktop either. I am getting notifications though. 

DaveWoj
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Yes it's down. My alerts are going off and I can't see or do anything about then.

Awesome!

sjunwood
Star
Star

I am able to look at the Library on mine just no live feed. It does appear to be recording to library. 

tinman517
Apprentice
Apprentice

Here we go again. Hope this is a short lived one. 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

NY still down too

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
arpr1
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have an Arlo Pro (with 2 cameras) and noticed this morning (3/8/18 - 8:30am ET) that I am unable to view the cameras on my Arlo app (iPhone 6 with latest iOS and Arlo app versions) or on the Arlo web login (https://arlo.netgear.com/#/login). Old library clips are there but I can't see a live view or anything else. The cameras and base station keep saying "Getting status" and then eventually error out and say that the devices are offline.

My internet connection is working fine and I have rebooted the base station and cameras. Anyone else have the same issue?

bigchickentaco
Initiate
Initiate

tech support knows about it, sounds widespread, said I would get email when its fixed:(

jasonx101
Apprentice
Apprentice

Down on PC and tablet. says Authentication Server down. Can't log in at all on either device.

Great security when you can't use them.

This is why the system needs to work locally as well as via the net.

arlouser2705
Aspirant
Aspirant

mine is down too.  I tried chat but no one is available.  I am trying to contact tech support but no avail.  Did you hear anything or were you able to resolve?

JJangGun
Initiate
Initiate
Cfinchapex13
Initiate
Initiate
Database service appears to be down. When is it expected to be back up? Why don't we receive an email telling us it's down and,an expected time to be fixed?
arpr1
Apprentice
Apprentice

No mine is still down. I was even having trouble getting into the iPhone app before (it kept saying "We are sorry, the authentication service is currently down. Please try again {0}.")

Now I can sign in but it says "We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavaliable. Please try again later".

It seems lots of users are having issues so I'm sure/hope that Netgear/Arlo are aware and working on it...

Cream412
Aspirant
Aspirant

It seems that netgear's authentication services are down. I can't even log-in to my account to see my cameras. It would have been nice if we were given a heads up on this instead of trying to figure out what might be wrong on our end.

Holydoc
Guide
Guide
Funny we take our first trip away and Arlo goes down. Cameras down in Florida since 3am.
JJangGun
Initiate
Initiate
I also can not see live.
However, motion notifications and recording are working.
cnoirfrog
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same problem I just read. Service down and cannot connect through app or log in?
jdm4578
Initiate
Initiate

My Arlo Pro base station also says offline eventhough it is definitely online and connected and I try to connect from my App and it says the database service is currently down. Looks like this is a Netgear/Arlo issue. It really sucks when you depend on their systems to stay up and running so yours can stay up and running. I might have to think about telling everyone I know not to get tied up in an unreliable service like Arlo...thanks Netgear! 

StOlive
Initiate
Initiate

Dear Netgar,

For a company that sells a product which sends prompt emails to customers upon motion detection ...can't provide a status update on its own service being up ??? 

I just bought an Arlo Pro and find " the database is down error" its been 25 minutes since i have been on hold on your support service... and you expect people to depend on your products for their safety ?? 

Come on guys ...

brh
Master
Master

For the life of me, I can't understand why Arlo does not do more local processing. 

Brian

dharris1300
Tutor
Tutor

I keep having the same problem this morning.  Now it won't even let me sign in.  It says the authentification service is down.

dharris1300
Tutor
Tutor

Don't get too discouraged.  I've had my system for over a year.  They are usually very quick to fix things.  Chat is usally faster than the phone calls.  These types of problems are few and far between.  You'll love your Arlo system.

RUsmelly22
Initiate
Initiate
Is anyone up and running yet? I'm still down.