Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Database service is currently down...

Keniofdavalley
Follower
Follower
The app says “database service is currently down” and could not connect to my cameras
377 REPLIES 377
SirCIso
Tutor
Tutor

Just got these put up, is this a comman thing for the service to be down?

1214fcbaa9
Tutor
Tutor

Netgear needs to post something official to acknowledge the issue and give an ETA to resolution.  

RUsmelly22
Initiate
Initiate
No, this is the first for me in a year
SirCIso
Tutor
Tutor

Still down in the Mid-West

Bluesky0180
Initiate
Initiate
Funny enough we just set up the system last night and here we go.....Does this happen often?.....contemplating to return the whole set and call a real security surveillance system..... iany recommendations?
tinman517
Apprentice
Apprentice

Still down in Las Vegas. The last outage lasted some 8 hours. 

BandK
Initiate
Initiate

This system is a joke! 

It should be capable of working as a stand-alone system when the web servers are down so you don't have problems like the one occurring this morning. Storage should take place in off-line time slots when the cameras are not active. By the time this system connects to the database, whatever activated a camera has passed from view, unless it's really SLOW! (Not to mention the total failure when your database is down!!)  Re-engineer!!

tinman517
Apprentice
Apprentice

This is my 3rd experience of this type of outage in the past 2 years.

My Arlo set-up serves as a back up to a different primary detection/alarm system. 

Lupitaqt
Aspirant
Aspirant
How often does the system go down?
brh
Master
Master

Depending on where their servers are located, this storm might be affecting them. Or they have been hacked?

Brian

dharris1300
Tutor
Tutor
It does. You just have to have a USB plugged into it. I keep one in my so ianytine internet at home is down it will still record. Just pull the stick and put in your computer and everything is there.
Gummybear73
Aspirant
Aspirant
Any news or status on the database connection error getting resolved?
Jfixit
Initiate
Initiate

Authentication server down, what up ?

DaveWoj
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I would hate to be around some of you when cell service goes down in a major outage or emergency.

I remember hurricane winds coming through upstate NY one Summer and Verizon was down. You should have seen all the people panicking and flooding the local Verizon store like it was literally the end of the world.

Get a grip.

Cagnulein
Star
Star

same here in Italy

Jfixit
Initiate
Initiate

Had these for over a year, first time they are down for me

Cagnulein
Star
Star

It's for this reason that Netgear MUST add a notification for a camera down.

We have to know when the system runs or not, we don't have to discover ourself!

babyduke
Star
Star

Is there anything on my end I can do when I see this message? "We are sorry, the authentication service is currently down. Please try again {0}."  It's been like that for hours now.

sn0wballz
Star
Star

Nope, just stand by for an update from Netgear I guess. Looks like a problem everyone is dealing with right now.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

server down

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
ww6bone9ww
Initiate
Initiate

I use this to check on my kids at the Bus stop in the morning, this is total BS if this was a planed update they need to send a notice.

Cyrano
Apprentice
Apprentice

Down in North Carolina, USA, as of 9:54 AM local time.

I_See_U
Tutor
Tutor

I'd take them back if you are going to really rely on them. If it's just a second system for you or not a huge deal that you lose coverage then I'd keep them. I absolutely loved the cameras when I first got them and would've recommended to anyone. But now after the malfunctioning camera I got at first when I bought them, battery malfunction a month ago (after having camera for 6 months), last week was an issue of getting notification but it not recording, and now this issue. I wouldn't feel secure with this system to keep me notified when I need it most. But like I said, completely up to you how what your purpose for them is.

AAA4712
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm so frustrated with this system!! This isn't the 1st, 2nd or third time the system tells me that my "session has ended" or "arlo system not responding" and not allowing me access to view my videos! Been trying to call support but after waiting twice for over 20 minutes I give up. I even restarted my phone twice! Not recieving any support.