Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras|NETGEAR
Highlighted
Tutor

Re: Database service is currently down...

Just got these put up, is this a comman thing for the service to be down?

Message 26 of 378

Netgear needs to post something official to acknowledge the issue and give an ETA to resolution.  

Message 27 of 378
Initiate

No, this is the first for me in a year
Message 28 of 378
Tutor

Still down in the Mid-West

Message 29 of 378
Initiate

Funny enough we just set up the system last night and here we go.....Does this happen often?.....contemplating to return the whole set and call a real security surveillance system..... iany recommendations?
Message 30 of 378
Apprentice

Still down in Las Vegas. The last outage lasted some 8 hours. 

Message 31 of 378
Initiate

This system is a joke! 

It should be capable of working as a stand-alone system when the web servers are down so you don't have problems like the one occurring this morning. Storage should take place in off-line time slots when the cameras are not active. By the time this system connects to the database, whatever activated a camera has passed from view, unless it's really SLOW! (Not to mention the total failure when your database is down!!)  Re-engineer!!

Model: VMB3000 | Arlo Base Station
Message 32 of 378
Apprentice

This is my 3rd experience of this type of outage in the past 2 years.

My Arlo set-up serves as a back up to a different primary detection/alarm system. 

Message 33 of 378
Aspirant

How often does the system go down?
Message 34 of 378
brh Master
Master

Depending on where their servers are located, this storm might be affecting them. Or they have been hacked?

Brian

Message 35 of 378

It does. You just have to have a USB plugged into it. I keep one in my so ianytine internet at home is down it will still record. Just pull the stick and put in your computer and everything is there.
Message 36 of 378
Aspirant

Any news or status on the database connection error getting resolved?
Model: VMC3030 | Arlo Wire-Free Camera
Message 37 of 378
Initiate

Arlo Pro cameras

Authentication server down, what up ?

Message 38 of 378
Virtuoso

I would hate to be around some of you when cell service goes down in a major outage or emergency.

I remember hurricane winds coming through upstate NY one Summer and Verizon was down. You should have seen all the people panicking and flooding the local Verizon store like it was literally the end of the world.

Get a grip.

Message 39 of 378

same here in Italy

Message 40 of 378
Initiate

Had these for over a year, first time they are down for me

Message 41 of 378

It's for this reason that Netgear MUST add a notification for a camera down.

We have to know when the system runs or not, we don't have to discover ourself!

Message 42 of 378
Star

We are sorry, the authentication service is currently down. Please try again {0}.

Is there anything on my end I can do when I see this message? "We are sorry, the authentication service is currently down. Please try again {0}."  It's been like that for hours now.

Model: VMC4030| Arlo Pro Wire-Free Camera
Message 43 of 378

Re: We are sorry, the authentication service is currently down. Please try again {0}.

Nope, just stand by for an update from Netgear I guess. Looks like a problem everyone is dealing with right now.

Message 44 of 378
Guide

Re: We are sorry, the authentication service is currently down. Please try again {0}.

Message 45 of 378
Guru

Re: Arlo Pro cameras

server down

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Message 46 of 378
Initiate

I use this to check on my kids at the Bus stop in the morning, this is total BS if this was a planed update they need to send a notice.

Message 47 of 378
Apprentice

Down in North Carolina, USA, as of 9:54 AM local time.

Message 48 of 378
Tutor

I'd take them back if you are going to really rely on them. If it's just a second system for you or not a huge deal that you lose coverage then I'd keep them. I absolutely loved the cameras when I first got them and would've recommended to anyone. But now after the malfunctioning camera I got at first when I bought them, battery malfunction a month ago (after having camera for 6 months), last week was an issue of getting notification but it not recording, and now this issue. I wouldn't feel secure with this system to keep me notified when I need it most. But like I said, completely up to you how what your purpose for them is.

Message 49 of 378
Aspirant

Not able to get access to my cameras

I'm so frustrated with this system!! This isn't the 1st, 2nd or third time the system tells me that my "session has ended" or "arlo system not responding" and not allowing me access to view my videos! Been trying to call support but after waiting twice for over 20 minutes I give up. I even restarted my phone twice! Not recieving any support.
Message 50 of 378