Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Urgent: Activate Two-Step Verification
Arlo requires all users to activate two-step verification to continue to access your recordings, devices, and account.
Please enable this feature now. Learn More.

Arlo Pro 4 with Total Security Mount

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
LexCo61
Tutor
Tutor

Is anyone using the Arlo Pro 4 (or even Pro 3) with an Arlo Total Security Mount (VMA5100-10000S)?  My Arlo Pro 4 is mounted fairly low, and with the magnetic mount it could easily be removed.  I bought a Total Security Mount thinking this would provide some added protection, but for me it just doesn't fit well.  I tested it before mounting it on a wall.  I can insert the camera in it easily enough, but I can't release it (using a small hex key that comes with it).  It barely releases from the housing and not nearly enough to grab the camera and remove it.  I can only get it out by shaking it, violently.  This almost, sort of works if I'm sitting in my living room, but if this was mounted to a wall, the only way I'd be able to remove it from the housing is to take the entire housing down, and even then I'd still have to shake it very aggressively.  That's simply not a workable solution.  I've had an open case with Arlo support since early December, and I've been assured it's been escalated to engineering, but I get zero response from Arlo about it. I've even sent a video of me trying to remove it from the mount housing and asking if that's normal, but no reply from Arlo.  Meanwhile the mount sits in a box in my house because it's effectively useless outside.   Arlo did previously send me a replacement mount, but it behaves the same way.  

So I was just wondering if there are others out there that have tried this combination and if it's been a successful approach for you.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Getting the camera out of the housing can be an issue due to the weather seal. I don't have the total security mount but the regular cases can do the same thing. Sometimes I can use fingernails to pry the camera out but I've also resorted to shaking the camera out. One thing I haven't tried is a light coating of a suitable grease on the seal or case to see if that would help.

LexCo61
Tutor
Tutor

That's a valid point regarding the normal housing, but at least with the normal housing it releases enough to get your fingernails in.  My camera won't release far enough in either of the Total Security Mount housings to even get my fingernails in to try to pry it out.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation