Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can I connect Pro4 cameras to the hub, but still get subscription featuers?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
chrisroe77
Follower
Follower

I have a paid subscription for my new Arlo Pro4 cameras. When connecting them I was getting low bandwidth alerts despite my cameras sitting next to my router. I tinkered with connecting them to the hub, and it gave a stronger signal. The hub came with the cameras as a package. I am not sure if there is any benefit to having them connected to the hub if I have an Arlo subscription. Also if I connect them to the hub, will I lose subscription only features?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@chrisroe77 wrote:

I am not sure if there is any benefit to having them connected to the hub if I have an Arlo subscription. 

Well, if you are getting better signal with the hub, then that is of course a benefit.

The hub also gives you the option of local storage, which can be a useful backup to the cloud storage.

@chrisroe77 wrote:

. Also if I connect them to the hub, will I lose subscription only features?

You won't lose a paid subscription.  It's possible that you'd lose the trial - not sure about that.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@chrisroe77 wrote:

I am not sure if there is any benefit to having them connected to the hub if I have an Arlo subscription. 

Well, if you are getting better signal with the hub, then that is of course a benefit.

The hub also gives you the option of local storage, which can be a useful backup to the cloud storage.

@chrisroe77 wrote:

. Also if I connect them to the hub, will I lose subscription only features?

You won't lose a paid subscription.  It's possible that you'd lose the trial - not sure about that.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation