Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
MBinWG
Guide
Guide

If anyone could respond  if there is a solution or if it starts working again it would be greatly appreciated.  I'm afraid to do anything since I removed a camera and tried to add again to fix it and it won't connect now.

Mine were still recording and sent to the cloud till I somehow disarmed them and can't turn them back on since they all appear offline now (except doorbell).

Thanks

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

A fix has been implemented, some users may start seeing improvement with devices coming back online. It will take some time before this fix is available to all users. We're continuing to monitor and will provide another update soon.

JamesC

• JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

The development team is continuing to investigate this issue. Please do not remove or reset cameras at this time. Once we have more information available. I will provide an update here on the community.

JamesC

• JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

We're currently investigating reports from some users experiencing cameras showing offline on the mobile app and web client. The development team is working on a resolution for this issue, I will provide an update as soon as I have more information.

For current status information, see https://status.arlo.com/

JamesC

100 REPLIES 100
brooksgph
Aspirant
Aspirant

A little too late for not removing or resetting considering that's what tech support told me to do first thing this morning.

am435
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I bought my new Arlo Pro 4 system from Best Buy (3 cameras) last week and had little problems with setting all of them up through the browser (did not download or use the app), but I got all of them to work, including updating the firmware. I get email notifications, library recordings, etc. I have fios, so bandwidth and speed aren't a problem and I only have 9 devices that connect to the wireless router, which includes the 3 cameras.

This morning, I signed in to the Arlo website and saw that all 3 cameras were "offline." I thought that was weird because I just received email notifications  - vehicle detected, person detected, motion detected, and am able to see the video on my iphone, even though the website said all the cameras were offline.

While the recordings and notifications are great, I should be able to see live feeds when I want, no?

So, I clicked on the help button and it suggested that I use the reset button.

I removed one of the cameras and followed the directions for the reset - pushed the button until the amber light blinked, then scanned the QR code, got the chime, and I get to the screen where it says "Looking for your Arlo device" with the spinning radar wheel. It then does that for a long time and, it eventually says it can't be discovered.

I can see it on my router though.

I went back to Devices on the Arlo website, and now I can see live feeds from my other 2 cameras.

I tried adding the 3rd camera back in, but the same thing happens, so I tried removing the camera, took out the battery for 30 seconds, pushed the reset button (amber light/chime with the QR code), at the end it still says the camera can't be discovered.

In other words, I did everything the way I did it the first time successfully, but now this camera won't work.

Anything else I should try? Or can I get a single camera exchange from Best Buy? Or, do I have to go through Arlo?

Thanks for reading and suggestions.

Winterboarder
Aspirant
Aspirant

Something is happening with their servers. Mine were working just fine, then showed offline even though they were sending alerts and video recording. I reset one and now can't discover it, PC or Mobile. I'm about to use them for target practice with no tech support.

rare87gt
Aspirant
Aspirant

Agreed, that's what the website shows on what to do since you cannot talk to anyone at customer service to ask simple questions.  Would be so helpful if we could call they could find out if there is an issue and walk us through what to do and what not to do.  Instead we sit and check a forum to find out what the next steps are.   We all bought Arlo, so technically it is our own fault for trusting.  Hopefully it can be resolved and a good tech service can be added, it would be extremely helpful!

Mkkb
Aspirant
Aspirant
SipasDad
Guide
Guide
status.Arlo.com says this issue may affect Pro4 cameras. But it’s clearly more than that. Essential and Floodlight cams are also having the issue
jake44
Tutor
Tutor

This seems to be a common thread going back YEARS. I bought a multipack of cameras and they all show offline yet they still capture video when they detect motion. I just cannot watch them live or turn on/off microphone etc when they show offline.

cpcxgsr
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo 4 Pros are currently offline. Online storage/Motion detection seems to be working fine. But Live View for the cameras via mobile app/computer are all offline. 

cpcxgsr
Aspirant
Aspirant

Was there a fix for getting your Live View back online? I'm in the same boat as you. Motion storage works just fine. I can't Live View anything from my mobile app or computer

Ackviewer
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem. Just tried a reset of one camera and ended up losing any ability to capture video or re-establish it. There should be a product or service announcement when something breaks at arlo's end...

Rkburnell
Tutor
Tutor

No not yet. Still waiting for Arlo techs to post an update that all is fixed. 

xerickkcirex
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I recently had my meter changed at our home and the power was out for about 5 minutes. After service was returned to my home, my Arlo Essential Spotlight cameras (four total) continue to show offline, but are still actively recording video when activity is within view.

I have tried the following:

- Bringing my cameras inside to be closer to my router

- Restarting my router

- Logging out of my application on my mobile devices

- Re-installing the application on my mobile devices

I would like to avoid resetting these cameras if at all possible because they are still operating and I believe this to be an issue with the Arlo server side as my Android, iOS, and web browser access to my account show all four cameras as offline.

Please let me know if there is a fix for this.

Thank you.

EddieB-17
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue . All of my camera's report as "offline", I still receive notifications from them and I am able to see the recordings but unable to view live. Issues started around 12:30 CST for me.

cpcxgsr
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the update! I checked in with a friend. He has the Arlo 2. I asked him if he was having any issues with his setup. He said no. Everything is working as it should. Mobile app, recording, and Live View works as promised.

I guess it is only affecting the 4's

Rkburnell
Tutor
Tutor

this is what I’m monitoring to see when they post a fix. 

https://status.arlo.com/

cpcxgsr
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am new to the brand Arlo. I happened to stumble upon the same page as I was looking for a fix on the internet... The status page seems to say that everything is working just fine... But our mobile app says otherwise....

cpcxgsr
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here! It happened to me around 3pm EST. I thought it was because my 3 month trial subscription was up... But realized that I paid $2/month each for my cameras..

Rkburnell
Tutor
Tutor

Not sure what status you see but I'm seeing:

We are currently investigating an issue that may be causing some user's Pro4 devices to report as offline in the Arlo Web and Mobile app.

P19
Aspirant
Aspirant

With today’s offline internal issue with the Pro 4 camera, you have an obligation to send out a mass email to your customers making them aware of the issue being on your end. Support has told me that a mass email will be sent when you have resolved the issue, so you have the capabilities. 

cpcxgsr
Aspirant
Aspirant

You're right... I was looking at the Drop down menu that's labeled "Core Services". It is all lit up green, with the message, "All Good"... I didn't know if I hovered over it with my mouse, it will show a timestamp with it's last reporting... Which was from months ago...

Still no Live View... but everything else is working just fine.

thebillherron
Initiate
Initiate

I've got two Pro 4's, one is displaying in the "app" like normal and the other is offline, but like the rest of you, still monitoring, recording and notifying of activity. Whatever they did, it's not impacting all Pro 4's. It's also possible that there was an update that one of mine got but the other didn't.

Merica
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the exact same issue. Two Arlo Pro 4's and one is online with no problems and the other one went sideways on me this morning but still sending motion-activated videos. I installed these yesterday and they were working great. Today is another story.

LOFO-1119
Aspirant
Aspirant

what do I do if I already removed the camera before eI saw this notice not to? Also, How will be notified that the issue has been fixed so I can reset my camera & Reconnect?

dickey38
Aspirant
Aspirant

Today, 5/16/22, my Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight began reporting device is offline.  It will not show a live feed.  This has not happened before.  All other devices in my house are still connected to the internet and working fine.  Interestingly, the Arlo camera detected a person and recorded video clip this morning during the period when it was reporting offline status.  I see at status.arlo.com that similar issue is "being investigated" for Pro4 devices, so we can add Pro3 to that list.  Any way to get notified when fix available?

robertjm-RD
Aspirant
Aspirant

Got a strange one going on here.

I installed three cameras last Friday. One of them displayed "Device is offline" the next morning. But, it fixed itself within the next few hours so I didn't really pay much attention; nor did I do any troubleshooting.

Today, a different camera says offline; and has been since early this morning. HOWEVER, the device is still capturing clips every time it is triggered. I'm not at the office so won't be able to do anything until the weekend. But, what exactly should I do? Like I said, it's definitely capturing video when people or cars trigger the camera. It's just that it shows as offline in the Arlo app/web portal; which is not satisfactory.