Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
MBinWG
Guide
Guide

If anyone could respond  if there is a solution or if it starts working again it would be greatly appreciated.  I'm afraid to do anything since I removed a camera and tried to add again to fix it and it won't connect now.

Mine were still recording and sent to the cloud till I somehow disarmed them and can't turn them back on since they all appear offline now (except doorbell).

Thanks

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

A fix has been implemented, some users may start seeing improvement with devices coming back online. It will take some time before this fix is available to all users. We're continuing to monitor and will provide another update soon.

JamesC

• JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

The development team is continuing to investigate this issue. Please do not remove or reset cameras at this time. Once we have more information available. I will provide an update here on the community.

JamesC

• JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

We're currently investigating reports from some users experiencing cameras showing offline on the mobile app and web client. The development team is working on a resolution for this issue, I will provide an update as soon as I have more information.

For current status information, see https://status.arlo.com/

JamesC

100 REPLIES 100
ab_chu
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes we removed one camera thinking problem was our WiFi & can’t get it back online. Agree with others that an email should’ve been sent out. Customer service not impressing me.
cpcxgsr
Aspirant
Aspirant

The same happened to me too. 1 of 2 cameras was displaying Live View from my app. The other one was wasn't. I thought it was because the battery was dead. I went and changed out the battery of the "dead" camera... Suddenly the Live View for that camera went offline. And now I have 2 cameras that cannot retrieve Live Views.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A fix has been implemented, some users may start seeing improvement with devices coming back online. It will take some time before this fix is available to all users. We're continuing to monitor and will provide another update soon.

JamesC

MBinWG
Guide
Guide
I'm back up! Thanks!
Merica
Aspirant
Aspirant

Whatever the fix was it worked! I can confirm my two Arlo Pro 4 cameras are now up and providing a live feed.

Mike0722
Tutor
Tutor
My cameras are all up and running. Thank you for the fix.
Outlawz66
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just asking to see how and what how's my security now ??? Please let me know when so please
Carl_AZ
Star
Star

My cameras are all up now and working as they should.  Thanks for the fix!  

Heyjackboot
Aspirant
Aspirant
My pro 4 is completely down now and will not connect
Rkburnell
Tutor
Tutor

Removed three of five cameras this morning since they were not on the app. This was prior to knowing about the issue. We have since tried to add the cameras back to our network with no luck. Three pro 4 cameras still not working.

princeofspace
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm still down too.  All my cameras appear to not record despite batteries being charged.  The past five days show no new recordings despite live access when I connect to the arlo web page to view.  So I can get a live view  from the web but I can't trigger any of my cameras apparently.  Wha happuh??

ernmar
Aspirant
Aspirant

Two of my three cameras just went down in the middle of the night. Tech says the issue is fixed.  Not on my end!  Suggestions?

DiHatch
Initiate
Initiate
One of my three pro 4 cameras will not connect to wifi since they all went offline this morning. Whatever fix Arlo did brought only two of them back. I tried connecting to my wifi with the synch button & QR code but nothing is working.
DiHatch
Initiate
Initiate
You have not addressed what to do for those of us that had no idea this was a technical issue on your end (because no one was notified) that tried to re synch their devices. I have one camera that is still useless 14 hours later
Cpojon
Aspirant
Aspirant
They report issues with pro4 connection with WiFi fixed. It’s not fixed at all. Still trying to connect to WiFi with no success. I’ve gone through all the troubleshooting steps. Very frustrating to spend several hundred dollars on a security system that doesn’t work and goes down without any notification!!
SipasDad
Guide
Guide
Mine are back up now. Thank you.

BUT - something really has to be done about the WiFi connection and how squirrelly it is. When I first installed these, I discovered that even the internet providers equipment could cause them to show offline… since that time I can tell when they do maintenance and put me back on the old VLAN. NOT a robust interface to say the least.

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro-4/Pro-4-cams-appear-disconnected-when-on-a-different-network/...
MicheleL
Initiate
Initiate
I bought 4 of these due to a recent break in. They have been offline 3 times now in 2 months. My internet has been online each time. Each time, I have to go outside in the dark, late at night, scared and alone, and climb ladders on all sides of my home, and spend hours resetting these cameras that refuse to connect back online. The anxiety and frustration this has caused, on top of what I’m already experienced with the break-in. This was supposed to help me feel safer, not worse. I’ve spent a small fortune on these and hours and hours looking for a solution that works. All I’ve found is endless replies from your team that “firmware has been updated.” This is a known problem for YEARS. Fox it or give me the $1000 I spent back.
JenniG
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have 3 Arlo Pro 4 camera and mine aren’t working. I have one that I can’t even get hooked up. Any suggestions?
Rkburnell
Tutor
Tutor

JenniG, I was on an online chat with Arlo last night. I had deleted 3 of mine completely  as the instructions say for a factory reset before I saw the posts yesterday. I tried to set up again so not sure if this is your issue. Anyway, I had to go through steps of setting up a new camera but got to the QR code and wouldn’t chime. So I hit reset button for 15 seconds to get the amber light and the camera finally chimed and I could finish setting up. All is working now, finally!  Good luck.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

For those who may still be experiencing an issue, please try factory resetting your device using the following instructions, after the factory reset, try onboarding again: https://kb.arlo.com/000062438/How-do-I-factory-reset-my-Arlo-wire-free-camera

If you still have an issue after the factory reset, please open a new thread here on the community or reach out to me via private message.

JamesC

ernmar
Aspirant
Aspirant

When doing the factory reset or deleting and adding back the cameras, the page to enter wifi credentials asks for the SSID then a password.  Is the password my wifi password or my Arlo password?

Carl_AZ
Star
Star

The password is the wi-fi password for your SSID.  

ernmar
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you Carl.  All cameras are back on. In addition to your answer re the password, I tried something else.  When working, all three of my cameras were on a 5G network.  The one that did not crash is still on the 5G. I figured that was working so I used it to re-add the down cameras. When it still couldn't find my cameras, I tried my old 2.4Ghz and it worked.

Thanks for sticking with me.

So next question is can I upgrade these two re-adds to the 5G? 

Carl_AZ
Star
Star

Hi ernmar;

I'm surprised that you were able to initially install your cameras on a 5G network.  The user manual for the Pro4 cameras (pages 19-21) states the cameras must connect to a 2.4G network.  Perhaps if your SSID and password for both of your wi-fi 5G and 2.4G networks are the same, during your initial camera setup your phone was instead connected to your 2.4G network which allowed your cameras to successfully connect to your wi-fi's 2.4G network?   

If you want to know which network band (2.4G or 5G) your cameras are connected to and depending on your specific wi-fi router's capabilities, you may be able to verify their connected band by accessing your router's setup page and look for a menu option that lists all devices connected to your wi-fi and which bands they are connected to (2.4G or 5G).  For instance, my Linksys router has a "Network Map" which shows all devices connected to the router and which band they are connected to. 

FYI, the 2.4G band offers coverage at a longer range; however, it transmits data at slower speeds. Instead, the 5G band gives less coverage but sends data at faster speeds.  The Pro4 cameras are optimized for 2.4G and for some installations, the longer range of 2.4G allows the cameras to operate at a longer distance from the wi-fi source, so there is no real advantage of using 5G even if you could.  Hope this info is helpful.  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ernmar wrote:

When working, all three of my cameras were on a 5G network. 

Not Pro 4 cameras - they only have a 2.4 gHz radio.

The Arlo Baby and Arlo Q cameras could connect to your home 5 gHz wifi.  But all the other cameras that can connect to your home wifi are limited to 2.4 gHz.