Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

5/16 Cameras offline issue: Notify of solution or if it starts working again.

Discussion stats
MBinWG
Guide
Guide

If anyone could respond  if there is a solution or if it starts working again it would be greatly appreciated.  I'm afraid to do anything since I removed a camera and tried to add again to fix it and it won't connect now.

Mine were still recording and sent to the cloud till I somehow disarmed them and can't turn them back on since they all appear offline now (except doorbell).

Thanks

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

A fix has been implemented, some users may start seeing improvement with devices coming back online. It will take some time before this fix is available to all users. We're continuing to monitor and will provide another update soon.

JamesC

• JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

The development team is continuing to investigate this issue. Please do not remove or reset cameras at this time. Once we have more information available. I will provide an update here on the community.

JamesC

• JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

We're currently investigating reports from some users experiencing cameras showing offline on the mobile app and web client. The development team is working on a resolution for this issue, I will provide an update as soon as I have more information.

For current status information, see https://status.arlo.com/

JamesC

100 REPLIES 100
rare87gt
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue here.

Monarch
Guide
Guide
Twice this month my Pro 4 camras have said thru the app that they're offline. However, they continue to record movement. Supposedly, if they're truly offline, they arent supposed to record. Not all of my installed pro 4s do this. The 1st time it was only 1 camera. Today, its 3 cameras. Wifi working on all devices including pro 2s set up to the base station. Temps arent too cold or hot & batteries are charged. You should be able to restart these things even if offline, but thats not an option. I think its the app and not the cameras.
rare87gt
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue.  I have 3 cameras.  All of them show offline but still recording.

rare87gt
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue with me too.  Hopefully they fix it today!  These aren't cheap cameras.

rare87gt
Aspirant
Aspirant

I think everyone mentioned the update is causing this or at least that is the understanding.  Hopefully that is the case and it is fixed soon. This is frustrating.

Bnelsonr
Guide
Guide

I'm having the same issue. 3 of my 4 Pro 4 cameras are showing off line but are still recording to the cloud. Hope they are aware of it. Has to be a account issue.

MConcon22
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue too.  2 from my 3 cameras went offline.  As suggested, I trouble shoot.  1 I  removed device from the app, now i cannot re-add.  The other one dont even connect.

It is very expensive security device but seems not functioning well.  And the support is via messaging which is frustrating.

Carl_AZ
Star
Star

Same issue here.  Four of my six Pro 4 cameras showing offline, but still detecting motion, sending me alerts, and recording to the library.  Based on everyone's experience removing and reinstalling the battery not fixing the issue, I'll keep my ladder in the garage for now.  Hoping Arlo tech support will chime in here with any causes/updates/fixes!  

yabc
Aspirant
Aspirant

All four of my no hub cameras are connected to different internet networks.  They are not working. WHY?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@MBinWG wrote:

If anyone could respond  if there is a solution or if it starts working again it would be greatly appreciated.  I'm afraid to do anything since I removed a camera and tried to add again to fix it and it won't connect now.

Mine were still recording and sent to the cloud till I somehow disarmed them and can't turn them back on since they all appear offline now (except doorbell).

I suggest removing the battery from some of the cameras, then reinsert them.  If they come back online (or if you get recordings despite the app/web browser saying they are off-line), then do the rest.  Then I'd leave things be for a bit.

There are several fresh reports here of cameras appearing to function even though the app and/or browser shows them as online.  Arlo is investigating (per status.arlo.com).  I'd wait for that conclude - the mods ( @JamesC and @ShayneS ) will likely post an update when that is resolved (including any actions we need to take).

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@rare87gt wrote:

Suddenly this morning it is showing the error or message on the camera screen where it says Your Alro Device appears offline. 

Check status.arlo.com - this a problem Arlo is investigating.  My guess is that it is a problem in the Arlo cloud, not the camera firmware or the app.

Likely the mods will provide an update here when the problem is resolved - they usually do that.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

See status.arlo.com. Arlo is investigating

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We're currently investigating reports from some users experiencing cameras showing offline on the mobile app and web client. The development team is working on a resolution for this issue, I will provide an update as soon as I have more information.

For current status information, see https://status.arlo.com/

JamesC

NoneYa22
Aspirant
Aspirant

I generally restart all cameras in the morning to make sure they are working properly. Upon doing so this morning 3 cameras display offline, however still receiving motion notifications & new recordings in library from triggers. Arlo issue for sure.

chrisgarrod
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi I have the same issue. I have 3 VMC2030 connected wireless direct to router (not through hub.) Starting at around 10AM eastern today two of the three went offline. I rebooted router and pressed the sync button on the bottom just in case. One camera still functioning as normal. 

Closed and opened app, also went into website also with same results.

All three cameras are triggering and record to library.

jimslawson
Aspirant
Aspirant

Okay....All 3 of my cameras are showing as being offline, yet all three are still recording as normal.

I'm not able to view anything live when away from home as all the cameras show being offline.

Also my friend has an Arlo doorbell ring camera and his is operating the same way. Offline but recording normally. I'm hoping this is a glitch with the Arlo system and things will be back up and running normally shortly. 

Is there anyone who can respond whether it's Arlo or something is wrong with all 3 cameras.

Thank You 

James Slawson

Win1455
Aspirant
Aspirant
I also have inexpensive Wyze cameras at the same locations. These cameras never go offline. I don’t get it. Any ideas ?
rare87gt
Aspirant
Aspirant

I removed and tried to re-install a camera and now I cannot get the camera to get recognized when trying to add it. Just keeps saying Looking for your Arlo camera. Does this have anything to do with the camera offline situation?  I'm guessing it does, but wanted to ask.   

Thank you.

Rkburnell
Tutor
Tutor

Deleted 3 of 5 cameras trying to do factory reset before I saw these posts. System won’t allow me to add the three devices back on now. Only 2 cameras working and viewable on app.

nrivera0305
Aspirant
Aspirant

3 of my 4 pro 4 cameras and my doorbell went offline this morning. I removed the batteries and put them back again, restarted network, restarted 2 GHz signal band and 2 of them came back online after few attempts. Doorbell still offline but I took the wrong decision to remove one of the pro 4 and now it gets connected to the network but after that nothing, it does not find the camera so I cannot add it back. One of the pro 4 after inserting the battery showed me that there was an update and it worked but now I don't even want to restart it or test it.

I didn't know about the issue until I called support but I was feeling frustrated since these equipment are not cheap at all. 

nrivera0305
Aspirant
Aspirant

@rare87gt apparently is related to the same issue that everyone found about cameras going offline after an update. 

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro-4/5-16-Cameras-offline-issue-Notify-of-solution-or-if-it-star...

MickP5569
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 3 cameras and 2 were showing offline this morning but one was still showing as connected and working. After getting to work, the 3rd camera went offline. About an hour ago, I received a message that motion was detected on the last one to go down, even though it showed as offline. I called in and it's an Arlo issue. I was told to wait for a few hours and then maybe try to re-connect. Had me worried my internet was down again as have been fighting that for quite some time. 

I thought this would be a good system to monitor my home but not so good when they don't work. 

CLadyga
Tutor
Tutor

Update to original post:

Not sure what happened, but about an hour ago I tried to add the camera back on and it worked. The two cameras that were saying offline and recording, but I could not see the live feed or access any settings were also working. All my cameras are online and working. I hope this doesn’t happen again!

brooksgph
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue, unable to even add them back to my account after removing them.  Camera's won't connect to app at all.  If you figure out a fix please let me know.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team is continuing to investigate this issue. Please do not remove or reset cameras at this time. Once we have more information available. I will provide an update here on the community.

JamesC