while out of town my internet had a "hiccup", cameras now offline

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
mrkensr
Aspirant
Aspirant

Recently, while out of town my internet had a "hiccup"..cameras went offline..would not reconnect..had to have someone reboot router..still cameras would not reconnect.Is there a way to get these cameras back online remotely? A security system where cameras will not reconnect by themselves is basically useless for someone that goes out of town. Seems like a simple thing that the cameras would reconnect once wifi is back up and running.

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If the cameras were really out/offline and not the base due to internet failing then the answer is no...

The cameras would probe need to be re-synced to the base.

Tho many times the internet goes out and the base drops due to bad timing while they (router & base ) reboot.... the base can then be remotely restarted and it should pick up fine.

As a backup plan tho, many users have set up a UPS on the base unit.... this stops the base from going out and cameras dropping, and while on the UPS, if prev armed, the camera will continue to record to the usb back up

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
mrkensr
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply..my cameras are connected to router, not a base.

The issue is that this happened while I was out of town..I need a way to get the cameras back online after internet / router goes offline..I am able to reboot modem remotely..working on a way to reboot router remotely, I just need to be able to have the cameras log back into wifi after it comes back up.

I have 2 of 4 back online now..and will be doing a test..rebooting router..to see if the cameras log back in

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation