Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
MBinWG
Guide
Guide

If anyone could respond  if there is a solution or if it starts working again it would be greatly appreciated.  I'm afraid to do anything since I removed a camera and tried to add again to fix it and it won't connect now.

Mine were still recording and sent to the cloud till I somehow disarmed them and can't turn them back on since they all appear offline now (except doorbell).

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A fix has been implemented, some users may start seeing improvement with devices coming back online. It will take some time before this fix is available to all users. We're continuing to monitor and will provide another update soon.

JamesC

View solution in original post

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

A fix has been implemented, some users may start seeing improvement with devices coming back online. It will take some time before this fix is available to all users. We're continuing to monitor and will provide another update soon.

JamesC

• JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

The development team is continuing to investigate this issue. Please do not remove or reset cameras at this time. Once we have more information available. I will provide an update here on the community.

JamesC

• JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

We're currently investigating reports from some users experiencing cameras showing offline on the mobile app and web client. The development team is working on a resolution for this issue, I will provide an update as soon as I have more information.

For current status information, see https://status.arlo.com/

JamesC

100 REPLIES 100
FreddyEngels
Initiate
Initiate
Both my cameras disconnect after firmware updates. Horrible practice- if I’m out of town they are just $300 paper weights unless I physically open them up, but the sync button, and pair them with my phone. Why is this necessary? With how frequently my cameras disconnect, there should be an ability to simply connect to a wifi network you have the password of without physically having to reconnect them every time there is an update. I’d like to have the cameras, but now I’d have to get a ladder and reconnect them. There is also no way to use the camera if a firmware update is out- you cannot live stream the feed, and you cannot record to cloud or use any of the functionality, so I am unable to just hold off on updating them until I am back.

I would like to see these features implemented
CLadyga
Tutor
Tutor
My arlo app says my 3 arlo pro 4 cameras are offline. My wifi is working and the cameras were online when I went to bed, now they aren’t. The cameras are recording and I can see the recording just no live views. Are there any options to get the back online other than taking them down?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

FWIW, my own cameras don't do this (including one Pro 4).  They do of course restart after the firmware update is applied, but they don't need to be resynced.

If you have a subscription (either paid or trial), you might want to reach out to support.  Use the options in the app, don't attempt to google support - that will result in your reaching a scam site.  If you have a subscription, the app will include a phone option.

Mike0722
Tutor
Tutor

Two of my pro 4 cameras are showing "offline" in both my ios app, and on various web browsers. However, they are recording and detecting motion. In the past, when a camera randomly goes offline, I head outside, grab my latter, remove the battery, insert the battery back in, and everything goes back to normal. This time when I removed the battery's, it is still showing the camera is offline, even though it technically is not offline (recording when motion is detected). Any solutions?

SipasDad
Guide
Guide
I’m having that same issue on 5 of my 10 cameras. Essential, floodlight and and Pro 4 cams are recoding but show offline. Based on past threads I believe it’s an account issue.
Mike0722
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks for your reply. Hoping a resolution for the issue occurs.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If they're recording they're not offline. Have you tried force closing the app and then opening it again as well as using the web client to see if it does the same thing?

JasperNewton
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I just purchased 3 Arlo Pro 4 Spotlight Cameras and setup yesterday. These do not require a base Station and connect directly to my modem. They were working fine yesterday but this morning they all show as offline in the app and on the web but they all still detect motion, record to the library, and send notifications through the app. I can also see that all 3 cameras are connected to my router with internet access. 

I hesitate to reset the cameras when I do not think they are the issue and I am concerned they may not work at all if I disconnect them. 

Any ideas on how to resolve?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you're getting recordings they're obviously not offline. It sounds like it's a display issue. Try logging out of the app and back in as well as force closing it. Flush the browser's cache/cookies as well as try a different browser/computer. If it's a backend issue, you can use the app's Settings, Support selection to open a case to raise awareness with support.

CLadyga
Tutor
Tutor

I have tried everything! uninstalled, re-installed the app, reset the cameras. Now the cameras won't connect to my wifi at all. I was on chat with support and everything they suggested did not work, then I was disconnected and I don't have time to wait through 9 others in the queue. I am very disappoint with the product. I have only had them for one month.

taboni
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue this morning. 2 Arlo pro 4 cameras, both recording/alerting but both the App and browser show as offline. I have reset both by pulling the battery but still no good.

pgregory
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same problem. In the app and in web browser: "Your Arlo device appears offline Please make sure it’s powered on and connected to the Internet." But it is detecting motion and recording to the cloud library, so obviously connected to internet. Pulled the battery to restart, same situation. Uninstalled and reinstalled the app on my android, same situation.

pgregory
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same problem. In the app and in web browser: "Your Arlo device appears offline Please make sure it’s powered on and connected to the Internet." But it is detecting motion and recording to the cloud library, so obviously connected to internet. Pulled the battery to restart, same situation. Uninstalled and reinstalled the app on my android, same situation.

Dazspud
Initiate
Initiate

Multiple cameras (could only list one) but 2 wire free and one wired out of 6 total cameras went offline 1 at a time from last night to this morning with the usual message "Your Arlo device appears offline". All 6 cameras are recording though and can be viewed in the Library, so obviously have a connection. Internet solid for all other devices (TV, Xbox, etc.) and router has been rebooted. Logged in and out of app and web browser. All cameras have good charge or are hard wired. Can only assume this is an Arlo issue as the cameras are working in the background recording and sending notifications, I am a paid subscriber for all the cameras.

JasperNewton
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the advice. I uninstalled the Android app and reinstalled. Still have the same issue. I then tried an Apple phone and installed the App there. Still the same issue.  I also cleared the cookies and cache on Chrome and Edge browsers and logged in again. Still the same issue on both. 

To notify support through the app do you have to use the chat function? I do not see an option to log a ticket. 

MBinWG
Guide
Guide

Many of us are having the same problem this morning.  My guess the update overnight is the culprit.

Barc
Luminary
Luminary

I'm having the exact same issue with my five Arlo Pro4 cameras.  The issue began during the night.

Peterufcpa
Aspirant
Aspirant
Pro 4 camera show offline after about 10 days of normal use. Problem resolved by removing and reinstalling battery in camera. Is this a known issue that has a permanent solution, or do cameras need to be rebooted every 7-10 days to resolve? Obviously that can’t be the long term fix. Despite camera showing as offline, it continued to send notifications of motion and record video. This issue happened with 3 different Pro 4 cameras.
MBinWG
Guide
Guide

Many of us are having the same problem.  I had 2 of my 5 cameras working this morning.  Noticed two had a update button for the software. Now I'm down to one showing online which is the doorbell.  The update they sent out last night must have caused this mess.

Last year I just happened to notice that my cameras weren't recording for a couple of days.  I wouldn't have noticed it if I hadn't checked it.  I looked at the latest update on the camera and it was the day the problem started. I posted on here and two days later they magically started working again.  Wish they would test their updates better.

MBinWG
Guide
Guide

Don't remove the camera or you won't be able to add it back till they fix this.  

I checked everything and removed the batteries trying to get them to come back.  Then made the mistake of removing one of my cameras so I could add it back to see if that would fix it.  Now I can't add the camera.  Just keeps searching and eventually times out.  Wifi is working fine.  Frustrating!

Mike0722
Tutor
Tutor
Well seems that multiple people are having some problems. Hoping for a fix!
Karla123
Tutor
Tutor
I would not recommendation Arlo to anybody. Numerous times when I am out and about my cameras go off line. I then have to go all the way to my house and take out each battery from each camera in order to get the cameras to connect again. As of right now that is not even working. I disconnected every battery from every device and connected it again and each of my cameras say off-line. This happens about once a week. Definitely not worth the stress. I have spent over $1000 on cameras.
Woodie1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've recently been experiencing cameras going offline and also not tracking motion and recording although they usually can be seen and appear fine. As of this morning, 6 of 7 are showing off line but are clearly all working - recording as they should be. I'm sure my WiFi is strong for each camera since I'm using Netgear WAC510 AP's and the Netgear Insight Cloud and can see the signal strength on all the cameras. One of the cameras just showed Firmware Update - I think it is the one showing as Okay in bot the web app and my iPhone. Thanks! Woodie

rare87gt
Aspirant
Aspirant

All the cameras are connected and synced up.  Have 3.  Suddenly this morning it is showing the error or message on the camera screen where it says Your Alro Device appears offline.  Please make sure it's powered on and connected to the internet.  I am also still getting notifications for movement and can view them in the history.  Not sure why I can't see the actual footage or click in for live view.  Is this a known problem?  Do I need to re-sync and remove and re-install, but why?  Everything was already setup before.  I even tried to remove a camera last night and re-install and re-sync and now it is giving me the same message.  Any ideas or updates on this issue or other people having the issue?  I have Google Wifi but I am not sure why this would effect it.