Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
EhZimm
Guide
Guide

Both of my Arlo Pro 3 cameras have begun displaying the orange error triangle on the corner of their feeds which says "AC power has been disconnected from your Arlo device. Activity Zones are currently disabled." Cameras have healthy batteries, and have never been plugged in while in use, only charging. Now Activity Zones aren't working and the cameras are just spamming non stop notifications from every car/person/animal that goes by the end of the laneway.

There have been other threads on this, but none are current AND provide a solution.

56 REPLIES 56
BAGJR
Aspirant
Aspirant

This what got from Arlo customer support. I'm going to try it tonight when I get off of work and see if it works. Please see below.

1. Delete the activity zones you created.
- Launch the Arlo app or log in to your Arlo account at my.arlo.com.
- Tap or click Settings > My Devices > Select the affected camera.
- Tap Activity Zones.
- Click Video Settings if you are using a web browser.
- To delete the zone from the Arlo app, slide the preferred zone to the left and tap Delete.
- Tap or click Save.
2. Power cycle the Base Station, unplug and replug it from the power.
3. Go back to activity zones and create your preferred zones again.
4. Make sure that the camera is participating on the subscription. Go to settings > subscription > manage camera status.
- If the camera is inactive, drag the three slides to the top to activate the camera.
5. Power cycle as well the camera, remove and reinsert the battery.

If anyone has time to try please let us know if it worked.

Phil23
Tutor
Tutor

Sorry to say I had the identical email. I didn’t it all and it didn't make a blind bit of difference, so I wouldn’t waste your time. I am honestly sick of it to be honest. If I could return the cameras I would. Certainly get the impression that Arlo  are not really prioritising this. 

BAGJR
Aspirant
Aspirant

phil23 Thanks for the response! I'm still in my 90 return period at costco so might be boxing it up in the next couple of weeks.

Phil23
Tutor
Tutor

SeeSee

No worries, pleased I could help, see the twitter feed, I tweeted and they replied.....see the dates. 

six43dp
Initiate
Initiate

Seriously the worst purchase I've ever made.  The active zoning is garbage and of course Im passed my return date.   But believe me I will be posting this on all of my social media to warn people of this garbage product and horrible customer service.

Hope you are all willing to do the same.

mikeha1
Initiate
Initiate

I replied to the associate working on my case and told them that I could not test it because my subscription had ended. I have no plans to sign up for it again since it didn't work the first time. I do plan to see if these can be returned. It has been over two days and they have not responded with another solution. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A recent update was deployed to the Arlo cloud that should address the accuracy of Activity Zones. This should improve accuracy by more reliably sending notifications only when motion occurs within defined zones. More work is being done to improve the behavior of Arlo Smart notifications and to fix the Activity Zones error that some users are seeing when not using an AC adapter (battery only). Stay tuned for future updates.

JamesC

EhZimm
Guide
Guide

JamesC,

This issue has been ongoing for over a month - this update you speak of has not changed any of the incorrect triggers or errors my cameras are showing.

I continue to be billed for a service that is not being provided to me. "Stay tuned.... future update" just isn't acceptable.

Please provide concise timelines or an alternative to me.

Thanks,

Austin

Phil23
Tutor
Tutor

I am afraid this “update“ hasn’t made any difference what so ever, your cameras are very expensive and are currently not functioning. What are you going to do now? and by when? 

sw3ll3r3
Tutor
Tutor

For everyone still having issues...I found a solution. I took my entire system down, packed it up, and returned it to Costco (past the 90 days and they still took it). I research Eufy and then looked on Best Buy's webiste and Eufy released their Eufy Cam 2 Pro (2k 365 day battery) camera. They only have it released to Best Buy right now. I bought 3 cameras. I love them...less features than Arlo but the features work.

Do note that you have limited options: people or all motion. All motion from what support has told me does ignore your activity zones. just an FYI

BAGJR
Aspirant
Aspirant

HAHA.....might not be too far behind you!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

For those still experiencing issues with Activity Zones, please take a look at the following KB articles for best performance and troubleshooting tips:

How do I troubleshoot problems with Arlo activity zones?

What are activity zones and how do I create them?

JamesC

Geeta
Aspirant
Aspirant
Check your subscription. Solves the problem. You need to update to Arlo Smart subscription.
Subdriver12
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've had the Smart subscription from Day 1 and had this problem since that time.  They finally, after 7 months seem to have fixed the issue but only on cameras which are plugged in or connected to a solar cell (semi plugged in) ... if you have a wireless camera operating truly wireless smart zones still don't work.   Still very disappointed in the entire Arlo system and their lack of transparency in their feature set. 

Enj4887
Aspirant
Aspirant
My cameras have started doing this too. But they won’t record will this triangle is on, so I tried to plugg the camera with the triangle in and it just moved to a different camera! Can you help me at least figure out how to make my cameras record?
ThatPRDude
Aspirant
Aspirant

The activity zone setting shows up in the IOS app, but its nowhere to be found in the Web Browser "app". Is there a reason for this?

I don't have Arlo smart, the camera is plugged to an AC charger. This in Arlo Pro 3 camera, and I'm referring to the web portal on Windows 10, Google Chome. Firmware 1.060.10.18_749_4b65ff8

ElEm
Initiate
Initiate
I am really upset I spent money on this to protect myself only to get an error message no one can seem to resolve.
sms77smith
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same problem going on with my two cameras it sucks!!
slappy4428
Guide
Guide

Yeah, about that JamesC.
I have no activity zones set, but am getting the same damn message as everyone else on my 5 Arlo Pro and Pro 2 cameras.
I've shut off all notifications, but that kinda defeats the purpose of having a security camera, now doesn't it?
So please, spare me the dance and just tell me how to fix this and what you're doing about it.

UrbanSidhe
Aspirant
Aspirant
I also started receiving this message today on all 4 cameras. I wonever set up activity zones or had a sub.

Doesn't seem to affect the recordings but would like support to look into this further.
PaulaRS
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm having the same issue. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. Any solutions? The OK button doesn't work. The text is over camera image😞
TinaDee
Aspirant
Aspirant
Sam's issue here! Never had zones set up or plugged into ac power!
TinaDee
Aspirant
Aspirant
I found a temp solution! Try clicking all around the green ok button and you'll be able to watch live. It might take a few taps but the message will go away!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Arlo development team is investigating the reports from some users who are experiencing this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

JamesC

mjandscott
Aspirant
Aspirant

AC power has been disconnected from your Arlo device. Activity Zones are currently disabled.

This message showed up yesterday on my Arlo.  Now some cameras are not adding movement to the library.  We are battery only so ac should not be an issue.  When I click on ok it goes away and cameras are working fine  but return.  HELP!  I have followed all directions on the past guidance.  Nothing is working.

Discussion stats