Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

AC power has been disconnected from your Arlo device. Activity Zones are currently disabled.

Discussion stats
EhZimm
Guide
Guide

Both of my Arlo Pro 3 cameras have begun displaying the orange error triangle on the corner of their feeds which says "AC power has been disconnected from your Arlo device. Activity Zones are currently disabled." Cameras have healthy batteries, and have never been plugged in while in use, only charging. Now Activity Zones aren't working and the cameras are just spamming non stop notifications from every car/person/animal that goes by the end of the laneway.

There have been other threads on this, but none are current AND provide a solution.

56 REPLIES 56
EhZimm
Guide
Guide

This is a complete joke - I made this thread for this issue in late May and the issue has never been corrected.

I call in, hours on hold, make tickets, submit more information, be told someone will escalate and call me back, never receive a call back, call in again, get told my ticket was closed for inactivity when I WAS TOLD SOMEONE WOULD CALL ME. Restart the entire process - repeat all the steps until I'm making a new ticket, yada yada yada.

This company and these cameras are a complete joke, I can't believe you people still charge me monthly for this terrible service that doesn't even work.

Everyone here with the same issue, take my advice and return your cameras and cancel your subscriptions if it is still possible for you.

The Arlo rep replying here "JamesC" is a complete joke as well. Never has offered any piece of helpful advice or a solution.

UrbanSidhe
Aspirant
Aspirant
I've noticed that. Again, other than annoyance, for those of us without Activity Zones, there doesn't seem to be a problem.

This is an issue with their software. From a tech background, I know that sometimes software conflicts creating unexpected issues. They should be contacting us individually to find out what we have in common to narrow the issue.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team has identified the issue and is working to release a fix that will be available through an app update very soon. I will provide more information once the new app version is available for download.

JamesC

ElEm
Initiate
Initiate
It needs to be fixed right away. It's not like I need security cameras for fun. I will request a refund if it isn't. I now have to figure out why the doorbell stopped also. This is ridiculous.
slappy4428
Guide
Guide

I also have that background. And that's why you test the update, and you roll it back if there's an issue.
But I also disagree that it's just an annoyance. You can't watch live video because the overlay is unresponsive. You can video video if you know to go into the app, go to the viewing area and wait for it to load. But that's not how it was designed.

UrbanSidhe
Aspirant
Aspirant
I, personally, am not having that issue. Pressing "OK" removes the interface so live feed can be viewed.

Again, I don't have Activity Zones or a subscription so it may be different depending on the user.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A new version of the Arlo mobile app is available form the app store that resolves this issue. Please make sure your Arlo mobile app is updated to the latest version available.

Arlo Android App - 2.21.2 - 19th October 2020 

If you're still experiencing this issue, please start a new thread here on the community and let us know the details.

Thank you,

JamesC

Discussion stats