Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
kenriccio1
Star
Star

I  sent someone an invite to share a camera and when they try to log in they get a message database service currently down but the support dashboard states there are no current issues. Does anyone know if this is a known issue?

Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Hello,

A fix to resolve this issue has been deployed, This issue should now be resolved.

Thank you 

• JessicaP
    Arlo Employee Retired This widget could not be displayed.
    ">
    Arlo Employee Retired

We do not have an ETA of when this will be fixed. The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

• jurgenweber
    Tutor
    Tutor

Sure, its a two step process:

Get the email invite in your inbox, click the link.... In the URL bar you will see a huge string of text numbers and letters. Copy and paste this section only.

Plug it into here: https://my.arlo.com/#/registration?registrationToken=DUMMYTOKEN#/registration and replace what you copied with DUMMYTOKEN.

Once you register the account you can login, but you will see no camera and in the main account it'll still say 'pending'. Now you need to login with this URL:

https://my.arlo.com/#/login?registrationToken=DUMMYTOKEN (again, replacing the token string thing with DUMMYTOKEN).

And then the cameras will appear.

61 REPLIES 61
justbinkc
Guide
Guide

Looked through posts and tried the following:

with new account...

1) Son to create an Arlo account via website which was successful (he was getting the database service is down error when creating via the invite link before)

2) Son to click on invite link and log in via website and he still gets error stating database service is down

and with existing account

1) Husband click on invite link and log in via website and/or app and he still gets error stating database service is down

I had added a 4th camera on my account and had rebooted the base station.  Husband was primary but it got messed up on his account so since it is working on my account then I was trying to share it back to him but he only sees Add New Device and it is not finding the base station or cameras when he is trying to sync himself...

maharrm
Tutor
Tutor

I am having the same issue after I removed access to a Friend Account and granted them access again. They get the same error when trying to log in.

kenriccio1
Star
Star
justbinkc
Guide
Guide

Hi,

Did you at any point get "Sorry, the database service is currently down.  Please try again" when your wife clicked on the link in the email and tried logging in?  I tried granting access to my son as a new account and tried via web browser and app but to no avail.  My husband actually set up the account initially and granted access to me with admin rights.  I bought a 4th camera and added it but had to reset the hub but I got it all up and running on my account and app.  However, it messed his account up so I'm trying to share back to him but also get the same error as with my son...

jurgenweber
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, I have the same issue. Has it been resolved?

jurgenweber
Tutor
Tutor

well, it sounds like no one can make new accounts at the moment. You would think they would fix that. 🙂

Nevik
Tutor
Tutor
Hi have same issue , friends using web link to have access granted to invite see database down. Tried different computers and stopping vpn and antivirus but always fails same error.
Has been down for two weeks now as friends keep retrying to register details after I resend invitation.

Is there a common support case number for this problem ?
justbinkc
Guide
Guide

Nope.  Unfortunately, you cannot get live support unless you have a paid subscription or if you recently purchased a system.  Anyone here in the forum has a subscription and is also tried sending invite link and experiencing the error, the rest of us would appreciate if you can let Arlo Support know of this situation.  I have emailed customer service at customerservice@arlo.com.

ALEMANN
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for raising this -yes, day 3 of trying to give access to a new camera to my wife - getting the same message "We are sorry, the database service is currently down. Please try again."

Find it odd that something this routine is an issue for such a big company...

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

For anyone who is still having this issue, could you provide a screenshot that shows the error message?

solosolo
Initiate
Initiate

Same issue. Screenshot attached.

Capture.PNG
kenriccio1
Star
Star

I have a support ticket open and they keep having me try different things. None of which fixed the problem. They keep focusing on the phone to fix the issue but I get the same results when using a PC. I think they have an internal system issue but that is just my opinion. I will see what they come up with next. I would suggest you open a support ticket as well since the more people that have the issue the more attention it will get.

kenriccio1
Star
Star
kenriccio1
Star
Star
noremac26
Initiate
Initiate

I am the administrator of an Arlo Pro 2 legacy free plan with 7 days of storage.  Yesterday I tried to grant access to two new users.  They have both tried multiple times to create an Arlo account after clicking on the link in the invitation email they received.  For almost 24 hours now, they have received the following message:  "We are sorry, the database service is currently down. Please try again."

Is this really a system issue that will soon be resolved, or does it possibly have something to do with granting access to a free legacy account?

kenriccio1
Star
Star

Screenshot_20220116-140646_Chrome.jpg

justbinkc
Guide
Guide

Thanks for the service request link!  How did you find it?  I looked everywhere but only found an email 😀!  Just created a case number!  Considering now more of us are chiming in with the same issue then it has to be internal to them...

kenriccio1
Star
Star

I stumbled across the service link a while ago. It is not easy to find and I think that did that on purpose to force you into paying for a support contract. 

justbinkc
Guide
Guide

All,

I figured it out after looking at the url after you click "Create Account" in the invite link.  There is a registration token which makes it different than if you were logging in normally through my.arlo.com.  This is a programming glitch on their end and I will respond on my case number.  Yes, I'm an application developer 😁 but I didn't see this readily 😂...

Example with dummy registrationToken:

https://my.arlo.com/?registrationToken=3479fdhsfjew9fweoifjwifuw9rejdklewejwirewojewej#/home

It is not redirecting correctly to the login page and passing the token so I made it do so by copying the token and pasting to this URL.  Note: You may have to add my.arlo.com to your browser security settings to allow redirects/pop-ups but try the link without having to do so.

My son was able to login and can see all of the cameras/base station that I selected to share and when I log in to check the status of the invite, it says Accepted now.😎

https://my.arlo.com/#/login?registrationToken=3479fdhsfjew9fweoifjwifuw9rejdklewejwirewojewej

solosolo
Initiate
Initiate
This works! Thanks a lot 👍
Turbinette
Tutor
Tutor

You saved the day! Worked perfectly.

Hope they fix it asap...

ALEMANN
Tutor
Tutor

You are a clever person justbinkc! It worked fine for me too!