Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

I have a arlo Camera system, trying to connect to another Arlo

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Lyles
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an Arlo system in GA, trying to connect to another system in FL at Beach house. How do I do this

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Lyles wrote:

Yes they are 2 separate accounts. 1 Acct. in GA & the other Acct in FL. Mine in GA & my Son In Law's in FL 

Then you want to share the cameras using the "friend" account feature.

You can do this in both directions (sharing your cameras with your son in law, and vice versa).

Although the articles don't say this, this seems to work better if you accept the invitation on a PC.  You accept it by clicking on "create account" in the invite email.  That should open your browser to my.arlo.com.  Obviously you don't create an account (since you both already have them).  But after you log in to your existing account, you should see the shared cameras.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Lyles wrote:

I have an Arlo system in GA, trying to connect to another system in FL at Beach house. How do I do this

Are these two systems accessed from different accounts?

Lyles
Aspirant
Aspirant

Good Morning, Yes they are 2 separate accounts. 1 Acct. in GA & the other Acct in FL. Mine in GA & my Son In Law's in FL 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Lyles wrote:

Yes they are 2 separate accounts. 1 Acct. in GA & the other Acct in FL. Mine in GA & my Son In Law's in FL 

Then you want to share the cameras using the "friend" account feature.

You can do this in both directions (sharing your cameras with your son in law, and vice versa).

Although the articles don't say this, this seems to work better if you accept the invitation on a PC.  You accept it by clicking on "create account" in the invite email.  That should open your browser to my.arlo.com.  Obviously you don't create an account (since you both already have them).  But after you log in to your existing account, you should see the shared cameras.

Lyles
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your response. I was able to get the FL system to connect 

Your advise was spot on 

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation