Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

database service currently down message

Discussion stats
kenriccio1
Star
Star

I  sent someone an invite to share a camera and when they try to log in they get a message database service currently down but the support dashboard states there are no current issues. Does anyone know if this is a known issue?

Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Hello,

A fix to resolve this issue has been deployed, This issue should now be resolved.

Thank you 

• JessicaP
    Arlo Employee Retired This widget could not be displayed.
    ">
    Arlo Employee Retired

We do not have an ETA of when this will be fixed. The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

• jurgenweber
    Tutor
    Tutor

Sure, its a two step process:

Get the email invite in your inbox, click the link.... In the URL bar you will see a huge string of text numbers and letters. Copy and paste this section only.

Plug it into here: https://my.arlo.com/#/registration?registrationToken=DUMMYTOKEN#/registration and replace what you copied with DUMMYTOKEN.

Once you register the account you can login, but you will see no camera and in the main account it'll still say 'pending'. Now you need to login with this URL:

https://my.arlo.com/#/login?registrationToken=DUMMYTOKEN (again, replacing the token string thing with DUMMYTOKEN).

And then the cameras will appear.

61 REPLIES 61
kenriccio1
Star
Star

I needed to add more cameras but with this grant access issue and the notifications not working on granted access devices I decided I would go another direction.  For my expansion, I  just purchased a night owl 4k wireless system and I couldn't be happier. Not completely wireless since you have to plugin for continuous recording but you have to do that on the Arlo cameras too. Bonus of no subscription fees. You might start seeing my Arlo equipment for sale on Ebay if they can't get their act together.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

This issue should now be resolved, please test this again and let me know the results.

Thanks 

Raveit1976
Guide
Guide
Grant access is not working tried everything
Raveit1976
Guide
Guide
Got an email that was working went in and tried. Nope will not give access Send to resend everything disappeared says 0 access sent. Getting frustrated
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Raveit1976

Thanks for letting me know, I will look in to this ASAP and provide an update as soon as possible. 

Garden-Girl
Aspirant
Aspirant
I resent the share invite yesterday and my client was able to get access right away. Thanks so much!!!
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Garden-Girl

Okay, thanks for the update!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello,

A fix to resolve this issue has been deployed, This issue should now be resolved.

Thank you 

DavidEdward
Initiate
Initiate

Arlo fixed nothing. I invited a friend to access my account/video however, she continues to receive "the request timed out error" followed by server error "http failure response for https://ocapi-app.com/api/auth: 0 Unknown Error". Their products are fantastic when they work, probably best investing in something more stable and that has been tested for reliability before selling to consumer. The worst part is you are unable to receive any live support or speak to a customer representative. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@DavidEdward

Can you have the grant access user try on a different network (LTE or wifi, whichever they are not using)

kenriccio1
Star
Star

Already tried that, doesn't matter which network.

DavidEdward
Initiate
Initiate
It doesn’t matter which network. Tried everything. Where is Arlo Customer Service with a fix.