Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Brotham
Apprentice
Apprentice

Wish I'd never 'upgraded' to Pro 2 now.

Yet another camera has gone offline after just a few days due to the battery being depleted, despite having 70% charge this morning.

This is the third of four cameras to do so.

I expect the remaining one to die at any time.

The other issue is the battery is either somehow becoming disconnected from the contacts or it is being ignored as sometimes physically removing and reinsering the battery works.

The software/firmware is seriously bugged in these new devices.

184 REPLIES 184
Kristi6258
Guide
Guide

I'm super frustrated with these cameras why does this keep showing up can anybody help me my internet is fine I called the company the battery is are brand new. These are Arlo pro 2.

Johnny45
Apprentice
Apprentice

I had one of 4 my Arlo Pro 2s go offline this morning.  Had to get the ladder out and remove the battery and re-insert and it came back online... albeit with 50% battery as opposed to the 90 before it went offline.

Johnny45
Apprentice
Apprentice

Spoke too soon - the same camera is offline again.  Not getting on a ladder at night so will have to reset it again in the morning.  Wondering if this is a software or hardware issue...  I did use a different battery this time so that is ruled out...

Kristi6258
Guide
Guide
I took batteries out and then the camera worked but few hours later it it goes back to being offline. It's frustrating plus having to get the ladder and put it away and then bring it back is not easy for me.
Johnny45
Apprentice
Apprentice

Agreed, it's really frustrating.  Given that there are several of us experiencing the issue I am hopeful that it's a software bug and will be addressed very soon.  

Brotham
Apprentice
Apprentice

Same problems here with all four cameras.

Batteries running down after a few days and cameras going offline, requiring the battery to be removed and reinserted to get it back up and running.

Come on Netgear, get a fix out ASAP as these cameras are useless in their current state.

V8
Apprentice
Apprentice

Remarkable.

So they actually haven't fixed the issues that where present in the Arlo Pro.

I have no words.

When will Netgear realise that ''pulling the battery' or 'checking the cable' are not fixes. The fix is to address the root cause.

@JamesC

V8
Apprentice
Apprentice

Johnny45 wrote:

Agreed, it's really frustrating.  Given that there are several of us experiencing the issue I am hopeful that it's a software bug and will be addressed very soon.  

They didn't address it in the Arlo Pro, so I can't see how they will address it in the Arlo Pro 2, unless it's a hardware issue. i.e. poor quality wi-fi adapter.

@JamesC

Brotham
Apprentice
Apprentice

There goes another camera.

This stuff is garbage!

The response from Netgear support was about as useless as you can imagine - "remove the batteries and replace them again".

Err yeah, that's the whole problem and what is required to get the cameras working again.

I may just return the whole lot to Best Buy and go with Ring or someone else.

V8
Apprentice
Apprentice

Brotham wrote:

There goes another camera.

This stuff is garbage!

The response from Netgear support was about as useless as you can imagine - "remove the batteries and replace them again".

Err yeah, that's the whole problem and what is required to get the cameras working again.

I may just return the whole lot to Best Buy and go with Ring or someone else.

This was generally my frustration, in that the fix isn't actually to remove the battery, thats just a short term workaround, not a fix for the problem, which does not appear to be sinking in.

Forscotland
Guide
Guide

I also had one of my cameras go offline.  I had to remove and re-insert the battery to get it back online.  Sucks to have to go up on a ladder and re-adjust the camera.  Thought I would only have to do this when replacing/charging the battery.  Hope Netgear fixes this issue we are all having.

Tony

mattsrs
Apprentice
Apprentice

I got my first camera offline (after a day of using) today. The camera is connected to solar panel and connection signal (before going offline) was full and battery at 98% so not sure what the heck is going on. I am at work so cannot replace battery until later. Looks like many people have same problem. Seriously thinking about returning the whole package as it is so unreliable.

MrTonyToca
Apprentice
Apprentice

Same problem here, I returned the Arlo Pro 2 twice already, and everytime 1 camera goes offline for absolutely no reason, after 1 day and 100% battery, very disheartening after having the Arlo Pro for so long with no problems, now I regret the "upgrade"

MrTonyToca
Apprentice
Apprentice

I also had to climb a ladder 2 times in 2 days with 2 differnet sets of Arlo Pro 2 cameras, and it seems to be with ALL the arlo pro 2's. not just an isolated problem. If I have to keep climbing this ladder, this system will be going in the trash. Netgear please update this stuff fast. 

mattsrs
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yea its definitely not an "upgrade". I still think even the socalled 1080p camera is just a software upscaling of 720p as thre is too much noise in images and given this Device Offline nonsense, its a failing product as is.

mattsrs
Apprentice
Apprentice

It is interesting that nobody from Netgear moderator bother to comment on this thread or others reporting bugs but as soon as someone ask about purchase the product they immediately repond. 

Brotham
Apprentice
Apprentice

Indeed.

Very poor customer service and after sales support.

Oh look, another camera has just gone offline.

offline.JPG

ryeguy8585
Guide
Guide

Got the Arlo Pro 2, 4 camera system about 5 days ago from Best Buy. And so far 1 particular Camera has gone "Brain Dead" about 3 time already. The Camera goes "Offline" in the Arlo Devices page, and stays offline. Requiring a battery pull to get back online. Also while the camera is offline the battery drains very fast.

One moment the camera will be fine, the next moment reopen the arlo app and  the camera is offline. This camera is fairly close to the base station, so it's signal always shows full.

Any ideas?

I also am having motion detection woes on other cameras, it get's evey freaking car that passes but misses people often..but I'll save that for another thread.

mattsrs
Apprentice
Apprentice

Me too. Giving them until end of product return period and it will go back to best buy if not fixed. I am baffled to be honest! I have had Ring for a year not a single instance of camera offline or anything similar nonsense.

ryeguy8585
Guide
Guide

Just realized that best buy's return policy is 14 days, not 30 days like I assumed. They got 10 days, im not even sure I can trust to know if it's been fixed in the 10 days. Looks like this sucker is going back. For the 800$ I spent on this, I can pay someone to wire up some CAT 5e, and get real cameras that work properly.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Brotham,

I've escalated this topic for further investigation.

In your screenshot above, is it the same camera that consistently is dropping offline? Try swapping it's location with one of the other three to see if the issue follows the camera or the location.

JamesC

Brotham
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thank you.

All cameras are doing it.

This one has done it twice in the last two days, the others have done it once.

It's worth mentioning also that when it went offline it had 100% battery.

When I removed and replaced the battery it's now at 63%.

That's over a third of the battery gone in one day.

I didn't have this problem with the standard Arlo system I replaced.

mattsrs
Apprentice
Apprentice
I just got home and replaced the battery. It was at 97% when it went offline, when I put it back, it is at 56%. Looks like the camera goes into a hardware or software glitch state that goes offline but constantly deplates the battery.
djdannis
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'm beginning to see the same thing on my Pro 2s as well now... Just lost the 2nd one. When one goes offline it just drains the battery right down until you pull the battery and reboot. Never had this issue with the Arlo Pro. Hope Netgear is truly listening to us. We are not just trying to complain for nothing...