Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 integration with smartthings and sharptools

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
vzoran
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ha all, is there any documentation on Arlo Pro integration with smarththings and sharptools integration. I am trying to initiate video/clip recording using tasker and sharptool but can’t make it work. I can use smartthings app and smart home monitor to trigger video recording by the motion of another motion sensor but the delay is unacceptable? There are a couple of methods available like capture, startStream, stopStream but I haven’t managed to initiate video/clip recording on my Arlo Pro 2 camera. Thank you. Zoran

5 REPLIES 5
brh
Master
Master

@vzoran

I saw your post over in the Smartthings community forum and have been thinking about it. I believe that these programs will not help you as the delay is inherent in the Smartthings/Arlo integration. They must communicate in the cloud with each other before the video starts recording. I am using the method you said about using a Smartthings motion detector placet 10 feet or so away from my outdoor cameras to start the recordings earlier. That works for me.

There are a couple of other solutions. One is to not use Smartthings to trigger the events, but use the Arlo Modes to arm/disarm the cameras. ScottToYa hangs out on both forums, as I do, and is an expert at using that method. Send an reply to him on the Smartthings forum using the @ symbol in front of his name. He is a great guy and loves to help people.

The other method is to use the recently released Smartapp called. "ArloPilot." But be advised that for that to work, you must leave the cameras on all the time as the app has no way to turn the cameras from Active to Inactive before recording.

Hope this helps,

Brian

vzoran
Aspirant
Aspirant

Much appreciated Brian. I'll do what you have suggested.

vzoran
Aspirant
Aspirant

@brh , sorry to bother, it seems @ScottToYa does not exist in the smartthings forum.  Is it misspelled? Thank you

brh
Master
Master

@vzoran

Sorry, my bad. it is Scott2Ya

Check him out on the EZVIZ posts.

Brian

brh
Master
Master

@vzoran

I sent him a post in the Smartthings Community website and asked him to contact you.

Brian

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation