Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Yet another camera offline

Discussion stats
Brotham
Apprentice
Apprentice

Wish I'd never 'upgraded' to Pro 2 now.

Yet another camera has gone offline after just a few days due to the battery being depleted, despite having 70% charge this morning.

This is the third of four cameras to do so.

I expect the remaining one to die at any time.

The other issue is the battery is either somehow becoming disconnected from the contacts or it is being ignored as sometimes physically removing and reinsering the battery works.

The software/firmware is seriously bugged in these new devices.

184 REPLIES 184
sandun
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is this fixed yet?

Doubleneck
Tutor
Tutor
No camera off line and working flawlessly.
iamcrd
Apprentice
Apprentice
All my cams have the latest firmware. This morning, one of my cam went offline and had to remove and place the battery back. Has happened 4 times so far. Really getting frustrated. Customer service chat has no idea of what they are dealing with.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sawp cameras around to see if it's the camera or the location.

iamcrd
Apprentice
Apprentice

Raised a case with Netgear and after 48hrs I am told that the cam is currently online and should contact them when the cam goes offline next time. Hopeless support!!
I have swapped the cam and waiting to see if its the location or cam. 
Has anyone so far found any relation to the base station.

1) Is it mostly the one nearest to the base station?

2) Did most victims had the base station near the modem/router? Does moving the base station farther from the modem using a longer LAN cable help?

steve_t
Master Master
Master

I had a problem with interference from my wifi router causing a camera to drop offline and not sync. It didn't matter how close or far away the camera was from the base. Only moving the base station further away from my router fixed the issue

iamcrd
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thank you steve_t. Will try this one as well.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Let us know how you get on

iamcrd
Apprentice
Apprentice

Another week and the same camera goes offline. I have moved by base station far away from the modem with a longer LAN cable, but of no use. Returning my camera.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

wrote:

Another week and the same camera goes offline. I have moved by base station far away from the modem with a longer LAN cable, but of no use. Returning my camera.

Fair enough. Hopefully a new one will sort your problem. That's what warranties are for