Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Toni1946
Apprentice
Apprentice

Some how I can't get into my Arlo cameras on my iPhone. I've tried logging in many times and it keeps saying I've timed out! This has NEVER happened before and I can't get in.

86 REPLIES 86
Toni1946
Apprentice
Apprentice

So my question to everyone is "WHAT IS ARLO DOING ABOUT THIS PROBLEM"? I keep thinking as soon as I get home, I'm going to be kicked off my app. It finally worked once I got to my office. Apparently it's not Century Link since other people have other carriers. Arlo is becoming a joke and they need to do something about this before the whole company goes down the tubes!!!

sharmon33
Initiate
Initiate

In fairness, Arlo DMd me asking for details. So they are clearly looking at it.

But regardless my app is now working fine, after not checking for last two hours

Toni1946
Apprentice
Apprentice

Well, I just tried to have a live chat with them and after waiting for 10 minutes for an 'agent' to get online, I had to quit, since I'm at work.

CliffAb
Aspirant
Aspirant

Problem resolved. Can now play back recorded video while on wifi 

VL123
Guide
Guide
I am in Malaysia and i have the exact problem! Cant view recording via wifi but ok with cellular data.
VL123
Guide
Guide
Cliffab,
How did you resolve it?
Thanks
Should i reset the cameras?
Hermanaa
Aspirant
Aspirant
When trying to log in to the app I get a red bar at the top saying “your request timed out”. It has been happening all day today. The computer works fine so I tried deleting the app and reinstalling hoping it would fix it, but it still is giving me the same message. Any ideas?
JakeyBoy13
Aspirant
Aspirant
Cellular works great, then WiFi nothing. It’ll be a nerve wracking night for sure. I would think a majority of people would have this same issue. Not just a handful of us. Everything was fine and then Arlo team did some sort of tweak and now it’s all goofed up. How about tweak the stuff that annoys everyone instead of tweak something that does annoy everyone. Lol
sschleicher
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am unable to log in to my Arlo account. When I put in my information it goes to a verification methods screen but there is no options to verify my account. Can someone help me?
AC501
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having the same problem since about 7PM EST tonight. Unable to log in on my phone. I can log in on the lap top works but cant see recorded videos. Keep getting an error something about the server not available ??

Jenny4906
Guide
Guide
Mine is working on WiFi now I am not sure Why.
Jay-
Tutor
Tutor
Yeah..Now working well while on wifi and 3G network. I can also see library.
No more problems please...
VL123
Guide
Guide

Mine is working now with wifi outside my home.

I will have to get back to my home to check with the same wifi the cameras are connected to. Hopefully they work as well.

Mana-Mana
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m getting the same thing all day long.  

Sgod28
Aspirant
Aspirant

Only on wifi, fine on LTE or 3G. ISP is Videotron in Canada

Mana-Mana
Aspirant
Aspirant

I totally agree!  We are out of town and can’t view any of our cameras on my IPad.  Only on my phone with Wi-Fi off.  I don’t have unlimited data so it really ticks me off!

Cbraylee
Aspirant
Aspirant
I turned off WiFi on my iPhone and was able to finally log right in after trying everything!
Mick12
Apprentice
Apprentice

Started yesterday 10/22/19. 

Unable to log in when connected to home wifi that base station also uses.  

"Your request timed out" error in RED on top of iPhone screen.

If I turn Wifi off I can log in.  Turn Wifi back on, unable to log in to app and receive the same error message.  After I finally got my geo fencing working properly again, now this.  Come on Arlo.

Reset base station, reset wifi, deleted and reinstalled apps on phone, logged back in.  Turned phones on/off and then tried turning wifi on while using the app, exited app and then tried to re-open app and could not until I turned my iPhone wifi off again

Two iPhones, 8 and SE.  Both experience the same issue.  

VL123
Guide
Guide
Can log in but cannot view recording with wifi the base connected to. Other wifi and cellular data connections are fine.
I then turned off and on wifi on the iphone and it works!
Dianef27
Aspirant
Aspirant

Am having the same problem. Computer works fine but app keeps saying timed out. I did the same and deleted and reinstalled app-no luck. did you find a solution?

VL123
Guide
Guide
Not working again. Very frustrating.
BGPunggol
Guide
Guide
Have the same issue here, especially when you are linked to your home wireless Wi-Fi. Using my mobile data I have no issue. Arlo, what's happening?
BGPunggol
Guide
Guide
Have the same issue here, especially when you are linked to your home wireless Wi-Fi. Using my mobile data I have no issue. Arlo, what's happening? Plus it keeps saying no internet when there's nothing wrong with my router
Dennis1963
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same exact problem as you are it’s weird because Wi-Fi at my work I can connect just fine at home I have century link at work we have Cox Cable.   I sure hope to get this fixed soon

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Is anyone still experiencing the issue where you're unable to log in to the Arlo app and getting the error showing "Your request timed out"?