Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Unable to log in the app. Getting "Your request timed out" message on Arlo iOS app.

Discussion stats
Toni1946
Apprentice
Apprentice

Some how I can't get into my Arlo cameras on my iPhone. I've tried logging in many times and it keeps saying I've timed out! This has NEVER happened before and I can't get in.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The issue is now resolved. If you're still seeing this error pop up when trying to log in to the Arlo app, please let us know.

View solution in original post

86 REPLIES 86
dm_it
Tutor
Tutor

I have same issue. Can't login to app on Iphone XR. The funny thing that is i can't open ticket while i still under waranty. I got some error message and asked to use chat. Chat is also unavailable. 

Jay-
Tutor
Tutor

Unable to log in the app.
‘Your request timed out’ message only. I changed passwords, killed and reinstall the app, reboot internet and base station...I did everything I can do.
My phone is iphoneX, ios 13.1.3
Please help me.

KentO
Tutor
Tutor

Same issue here. Iphone, IOS 13. Immediately tells me my login request timed out when trying to login to the app.

Jay-
Tutor
Tutor
It seems to work while 3G network. But still Log in problems with home wi-fi. I don’t have unlimited plan. 😞
Chat is also unavailable.
Marks1957a
Aspirant
Aspirant
Having the same issue, trying to login says timed out
Mikey2Bats
Guide
Guide

Anyone have problems with the App logging you out and then telling you your request timed out?? All I want to do is look at my cameras real quick and I need an act of congress to do this for the money I pay every year I am more then happy to pull these cameras down and use them for batting practice and dump Netgear or Arlo or whatever they want to call themselves this week. 

KentO
Tutor
Tutor

OK...Arlo tech support got me working...sort of. The exact same issue was also happening on my iPad IOSversion 11.4. I was asked to "Offload" the app (in Settings>General>iPhone Storage>Arlo). Then, turn off the iPad>unplug and reboot router>then restart iPad>then reload Arlo. I was able to then login OK.

However...the "Offload" option doesn't exist in IOS 13.1.3, so I can't try it on my phone. Researching how to offload an app in IOS 13.

Toni1946
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yeah, I kept trying everything I could think of then all of a sudden it connected! I don't know. Ever since the update that they made us make because they switched company's, or whatever, I've had problems. I keep thinking that maybe I should just ditch this system and go to something else!

ebenzMN
Initiate
Initiate

I had the same issues, so I turned off Wi-Fi on my phone to login and then turned WiFi back on and all is good. 

MorningSun
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo app keeps saying timed out when I want to log in, will not let mr log in And videos not displaying, saying cannot connect to server

MorningSun
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have same problem and the app will not let me log in

Toni1946
Apprentice
Apprentice

OH! Maybe that's why my iPhone finally connected once I got to my workplace and it was a different WiFi, plus I didn't have WiFi in my car!!!

Still, why the heck did it log off the app in the first place! Nothing but problems since they made us all upgrade to a new setting! I get so frustrated. I may look into something other than Arlo!!!!

Thanks for your email. I appreciate it.

KentO
Tutor
Tutor

Called Arlo support. He confirmed this is a problem that they are looking into. However, as noted above, the solution is to turn off wifi on your phone, login to Arlo and then turn wifi back on.

dm_it
Tutor
Tutor

Just wanted to thanks everyone for for help. After 10 hours i was able to login.  Looks like problem with accessing your server infrastructure was fixed.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey everyone,

Our development team is looking into reports where some users are receiving this error and unable to log in to the Arlo app. Is this happening on WiFi and/or cellular data? If it is only on WiFi, could you let us know what ISP you're using?

Jenny4906
Guide
Guide
Having same issues!
KentO
Tutor
Tutor

Only when using WiFi. Using Century Link.

Also, even after logging in, I can't play any of the  videos in the library. I get this error; "A server with the specified hostname could not be found."

Similarly, on the web, it says you can't view the video and it will have to be downloaded. When you try to download the vidieo you get this..

"This site can’t be reached
arlos3-prod-z2.s3.amazonaws.com’s server IP address could not be found."

Mikey2Bats
Guide
Guide

both for me wifi and cellular

Jenny4906
Guide
Guide
This worked Thanks for posting!!!!
Jenny4906
Guide
Guide
It only works with my WiFi off.
Jenny4906
Guide
Guide
So when I’m at home in order to look at my Arlo cameras I have to turn my Wi-Fi off and I don’t have unlimited Wi-Fi
KentO
Tutor
Tutor

Jenny4906 ... in my case, once I logged in, I was able to turn WiFi back on again. I was still able to log in to Arlo again if needed. It was like once you get in, something gets "set" and WiFi works--at least for me 🙂

Jenny4906
Guide
Guide
I will try again , Thanks!
Jay-
Tutor
Tutor
Same issues and error messages only while using on wi-fi.
“A server with the specified hostname could not be found."
My company is CenturyLink. Any others working good except Arlo.