Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Unable to log in the app. Getting "Your request timed out" message on Arlo iOS app.

Discussion stats
Toni1946
Apprentice
Apprentice

Some how I can't get into my Arlo cameras on my iPhone. I've tried logging in many times and it keeps saying I've timed out! This has NEVER happened before and I can't get in.

86 REPLIES 86
Bahollings
Initiate
Initiate

My 4 cameras healed themselves this morning. I did nothing it just started working. 

Toni1946
Apprentice
Apprentice

For whatever reason, my cameras seem to be working fine now. I don't know why we were all having problems or why some of us got back online and some of us are still having problems. I have no idea why Arlo seems to be rated so high!

Sgod28
Aspirant
Aspirant

Everything is back to normal. 

Mikey2Bats
Guide
Guide
So last night I got home my cameras synced back to my iPhone XS Max, I went from WiFi to cellular and back never went down or got that red bar of death about being timed out. I went to work today and again went on the WiFi at work, CenturyLink and then to cellular and back again no red bar of death telling me I was times out. I use Cox at home so I have absolutely no idea what happened or why but I would be interested in finding out exactly what happened so Arlo if you please what happened??
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The issue is now resolved. If you're still seeing this error pop up when trying to log in to the Arlo app, please let us know.

jjseiber
Initiate
Initiate
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey jjseiber,

What iOS device are you using? Could you provide a screenshot that shows the message?

jrsparks86
Tutor
Tutor
My wife and I are also having this issue. We are both on iPhones with latest updates. It’s reporting “your request timed out”. This started on Thursday evening. I can get around it by turning off my WiFi to login. We aren’t using two-step verification.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey jrsparks86,

Are you still experiencing this issue? What is your ISP that you use when trying to log on to the Arlo app?

jrsparks86
Tutor
Tutor

Yes I am. Xfinity, I can login via the computer on the same network without issues. I was going to attempt a packet trace over the weekend but didn't get there. I will try to run it later today.

jrsparks86
Tutor
Tutor

@JessicaP  The app started working again last night. I was never able to find anything weird on my end.

ash049
Initiate
Initiate
Hi! tried replying to a similar topic, but comments there seem to be closed. Am unable to log in on iPhone Xs max (iOS 13.2.3) with the "request time out" message. Logging in through the MacBook works fine. Tried everything suggested in the other thread, no luck. Wifi or LTE/ GSM makes no difference. Please help.

base station: 
HW Version VMB4000r3
Serial Number 4RD3897XA002A
Firmware 1.14.1.2_2916_1fdeefd