Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Push to talk Audio not working iOS 11.3

Discussion stats
Alangp
Guide
Guide

SInce updating to iOS 11.3 the Push to Talk feature no longer works. I am running the latest version of the Arlo App. I flagged this during iOS 11.3 beta and nothing has been done to fix it.  This needs to be fixed ASAP

102 REPLIES 102
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We apologize for the frustration/inconvenience this has caused. The engineering team is working hard toward a resolution for this issue. I do not currently have an ETA for a fix but will provide any new information I receive as soon as possible.

JamesC

adityakoundinya
Tutor
Tutor

It started working for me from yesterday(04/26) out of the blue. Was any update pushed? 

Mdtiede18
Tutor
Tutor
My camera is also now working; hopefully the issues is resolved.
scorpio2484
Guide
Guide
Did you have to do anything to get push 2 talk to work. Like reinstalling the app or restarting the cameras?
adityakoundinya
Tutor
Tutor
Nope. Like I said it just started working out of the blue. However I got an email a few days ago notifying me about an upgrade coming to the cams and base station today (04/27). But it started working yesterday for me. So I don’t think it’s because of the upgrade.
Mdtiede18
Tutor
Tutor
Last week I reinstalled the app and. Reset the cameras though that was not helpful,, they must have pushed a fix.
Alangp
Guide
Guide

Dont get too excited about it all of a sudden working - mine has done that too. Will work for a short time and then fail again. Mine was working the other day and just tested mine and surprise surprise, its not working again!

adityakoundinya
Tutor
Tutor
Ha! Good to know.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I understand that iOS 11.3.1 is being rolled out. ANyone on that having success while those still on 11.3 are not?

adityakoundinya
Tutor
Tutor
Nope. I still have 11.3 and it started working. I haven’t upgraded to 11.3.1 yet.
Alangp
Guide
Guide

@jguerdat wrote:

I understand that iOS 11.3.1 is being rolled out. ANyone on that having success while those still on 11.3 are not?

I have a couple of devices on iOS 11.3.1 and they are not working. I am also running iOS 11.4 Beta 2 which also is not working

Delta327
Tutor
Tutor

I have iOS 11.3.1 and it is still not working!

Crabon
Tutor
Tutor
We have tried everything and the two way audio is not working on iPhone X. Software is updated. Phone is updated. Audio microphone is on. Carrier is updated. The ear is greyed out in the app. Help
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

There are multiple threads on this issue.......

The issue with iPhones is iOS 11.3. Apple changed something or introduced a bug that broke the push to talk feature (2 way audio). The feature does work on iOS 11.4 beta 2. So you can upgrade to the beta or wait until apple offcially releases 11.4 in May or June.

It's also possible that Arlo comes up with a solution before 11.4 comes out.

Crabon
Tutor
Tutor
How do you upgrade to the beta?
pc2k17
Hero
Hero
Whip7161
Aspirant
Aspirant

Why do they call it Support if you can't reach them?

My audible alert used to work on my iPhone but don't now. I have tried to get the audio to let me speak through the camera. I have 5 cameras. I lets me talk. When I try to talk through 2 others, my iPhone repeats what I said to me, but the cameras do nothing. The others get no response. The connection time is awfully long and I often get told there is no internet connection when there is a connection. Is there a key to getting this app to work?

Ysabel
Luminary
Luminary

Hi, as of the moment Arlo is having an issue with ios devices where in the 2 way audio is not working. I have already contacted Arlo about this and as of the moment they are still in the process on fixing it, still no ETA when will the issue be fixed. 

You may try using another device not an ios device,  me I just used my andorid phone and laptop instead.

🙂

scorpio2484
Guide
Guide
Push 2 talk started working all of a sudden today.
I am running iOS 11.3.1 on iPhoneX
Arlo app version 2.4.9.
Hope it stays like this. Clearly this was an issue from arlo side.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Or the NEW 11.3.1?

LT5JOHN
Aspirant
Aspirant

where is the fix???

scorpio2484
Guide
Guide
Don’t believe iOS 11.3.1 did anything here. I have had this update for a few days now. Arlo app wasn’t updated either. Seems like a fix on the arlo server side (or a silent push to the cameras). .
scorpio2484
Guide
Guide
NETGEAR seems to be rolling this out in batches. Another user here reported the fix few days ago. Mine started working today. (I check this daily 😜)
Since this appears to be a server side fix, it’s up to NETGEAR to roll it out to everyone.
2r5ttchapman
Initiate
Initiate
Same for you? Works outside the network( WiFi off on the phone), but not when connected to my router.
CR3
Initiate
Initiate
I’m disappointed that all of a sudden not only does my Arlo cameras push to talk not work, but dozens of others are having the same problem. I have tried everything that everyone else has done except toss my cameras out and find another brand to go with. I’ve not had any issues with my cams over the past few months until recently and the 2 way communication was a top selling point along with it being wireless. Please fix this issue as soon as possible!!!! This is pathetic, what if I really needed to use the communication aspect of my cameras for safety matters? Oh, wait.... I can’t because my push to talk button is useless on my iPhone 8+.