Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Push to talk Audio not working iOS 11.3

Discussion stats
Alangp
Guide
Guide

SInce updating to iOS 11.3 the Push to Talk feature no longer works. I am running the latest version of the Arlo App. I flagged this during iOS 11.3 beta and nothing has been done to fix it.  This needs to be fixed ASAP

102 REPLIES 102
Joetmurf1
Guide
Guide

I did the update to 11.3.1.  No change.  Arlo push to talk still not work.  There was no Arlo updated App though.  Perhaps one is coming?  

This is is terrible.  

Ysabel
Luminary
Luminary

Are you using an  ios device? Because this is a know issue for all ios devices and Arlo engineers.

🙂

RedlandsWilson
Aspirant
Aspirant

"Push to Talk" works only occasionally but totally unreliable. The concept of the whole system is great, but Netgear must execute.  Lack of response from Netgear to their consumers is what separates great companies from mediocrity companies.  Unfortunately, this six-camera system will be returned due to their suboptimal performance based on what is advertised.  Looking forward to considering the system later.                                   "Sad".

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Streak2 wrote:

What app are you using?

IOS 11 has a known issue. Try use the web interface https://arlo.netgear.com/#/login to see if it works there.

As this issue seems to be related to a particular version of IOS – it works just fine here in Android – has anyone looked to see if that version breaks other apps?

People here are naturally concerned with the Arlo app and how it works, or doesn't. But if Apple has done something that breaks other things it could pile on the pressure and maybe coax Apple into responding more assiduously to any "help" requests from Arlo.

We saw similar "third party" disruption from Google last year, when it Chromecast to death a whole raft of devices from many different makers.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Ysabel wrote:

.....this is a know issue for all ios devices and Arlo engineers.

Indeed:

Push to talk Audio not working iOS 11.3 - NETGEAR Communities

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Danny1986
Tutor
Tutor
I’m using iPhone 7
Danny1986
Tutor
Tutor
How I can fix the problem?
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Read the other conversation.

Just another user
Crabon
Tutor
Tutor
It was suggested to update to 11.4 beta. I did that and it still does not work. It is not working on my Mac also. I need this to work. When will this be fixed?
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Crabon wrote:
When will this be fixed?

If this is a case of getting the famously uncommunicative Apple to respond with details of stuff that it has changed, it is anyone's guess.

Just another user
Trig25
Aspirant
Aspirant
Push to talk still doesn’t work. I waited for the IOS 11.3.1 upgrade which was supposed to fix the problem but it didn’t. . Very frustrated. I lost features on my iPhone with the upgrade as well. I would like to see updates on what’s the plan to fix this problem. System is too expensive for this not to work.
Bonzai
Aspirant
Aspirant
I can’t get the two way audio to work on my I Phone??
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Bonzai wrote:
I can’t get the two way audio to work on my I Phone??

Re: Push to talk Audio not working iOS 11.3 - Page 2 - NETGEAR Communities

and

Push to talk STILL not working - NETGEAR Communities

amomg others.

Just another user
themariotest
Aspirant
Aspirant

The push to talk feature is not working on the application. I have 3 Arlo Pro cameras and this feature will not work on any of the cameras. I tried 3 different iOs devices also. It appears that the issue is with iOS version 11.3.1 because i have 2 devices with the 11.3.1 version and the feature does not work. I have another iphone with 11.3 and the push to talk feature does work. No change after uninstalling and reinstalling the application. I disabled and re-enabled the mic within the application.  When I use Google Chrome on my Windows 10 desktop computer this feature works.

I see that this topic has been created by another user on 2018-04-05 02:35 AM. This issue has been going on for well over a month, but still no resolution. Netgear has only responded twice in in one month ‎2018-04-06 12:53 PM and 2018-04-25 11:22 AM by agent jamesc. That's not a good job of keeping everyone informed on the issue. 

Crabon
Tutor
Tutor
I now have 11.4 and it doesn’t work. How much longer is this going to take?
themariotest
Aspirant
Aspirant

UPDATE: IT DOESNT WORK ON 11.3 ANYMORE. SO BOTH 11.3.1 and 11.3 are not working

Butwhy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m having issues with that as well. I’m using an Iphone X,  iOS 11.3.1, firmware 1.092.0.13_19715. The only way I can get the push to talk audio working is to get out of the live feed and reconnect. It connects on the 2nd or 3rd try (usually the 3rd). I hope Netgear can fix this problem or give me my money back for their craptastic service. 

Cheers! 

pc2k17
Hero
Hero
dannyrulez
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just bought this camera and the 2 way communication doesn't work either.  I have an Iphone 6s Plus with 11.3.1.  I've checked the audio settings and the MIC volume is set on high. I've re-installed the Arlo APP too as per the threads on the FAQ and it doesn't work.  Pressing the Mic button doesn't do anything on the APP. 

I've even tried disconnecting from the WIFI assuming it was an router setting and that didn't work. 

My MIC does work for facetime. 

So it seems that there isn't a resolution?  I'm about to take this expensive system back.  I'm tired of searching the forums for answers.

kokweey
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Technical Support,

Please assist me as I cannot speak through the Arlo Pro camera for quite sometime already. I am using iPhone 7 with IOS version 11.3.1 (15E302). In the past I can speak through the camera and my family members can hear me talking but now it does not work anymore for the past month. (I am giving you more information on the behavior here) I remember when I turn on the microphone there is always have a sound but for now whenever I turn on the speaker mode it does not have any sound at all.

Please assist ASAP.

Thank you.

KW

makaveli1
Guide
Guide

New update for the Arlo app just released!

I tried it on my iPhone 8 on 11.3 and push to talk works. I hope it continues to work.

Thanks Netgear/Arlo for updating the app.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

An update for the Arlo iOS mobile app has been released that addresses the issue with the push to talk feature. Please make sure you have the latest version of the Arlo mobile app downloaded and installed from the iOS app store.

Release Notes - iOS App 2.5.0 - 13th May 2018

If you continue to experience this issue. Please let us know.

JamesC

Alangp
Guide
Guide
Ok, updated app and tested freight this morning and “appears” to be working. I’ll give it a few days before I mark this as solved.

Now we just need HomeKit enabled, it’s only been several years!
Bobby39
Guide
Guide

Updated the App. Push to talk now "working"  with limitations. one camera/speaker is always garbled, other speakers get most of the words, not all, but speaker sound is very low even with audio set to 100%.  Is there any other way to increase sound volume?  so far push to talk is very disappointing.

RSCPA
Aspirant
Aspirant

It now works!

I just bought the Arlo Pro 2 4 camera set and put it up this weekend. I quickly noticed that the Arlo app camera microphone would not work with my iPhone 8, using ios 11.3.1.  Thanks to this website, I just now updated the Arlo app and now all is well and the cameras' microphones work with my iPhone 8.

NOTE: When I first updated the Arlo app just now, the problem with the camera's Arlo app microphone was still there and not working. I closed the Arlo app on my iphone and reopened it hoping the update would take and it still wasn't working. I then decided to turn off my iPhone and reboot it. YAY!! The microphone now works perfectly.