Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Mode & Rules

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
D1132
Tutor
Tutor

Hello everybody,
I’ve an Arlo Pro base with three Arlo pro cameras. Always with last firmware version.
Before Ios 2.5.0 update, everything worked as expected, see my rules:

Mode 1 – Rules:
Record A when A detect a movement all during of event
Record B when A detect a movement only 10 secs.
Record A when A detect a sound all during of event (but not on B in this case)

After software update I can’t create two rules for the same camera, so I can’t obtain that when sound is detected just A camera is recording… Why?
It appears that If I have three cameras I can’t create more than three rules…. What’s wrong? I don’t think that this is normal, or I’m wrong?

Many thanks for your help and regards,
D1132

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

As noted in many threads here, there have been big problems surrounding modes and rules. You can try logging out and back in to see if that helps as well as using a computer browser. Hopefully a fix will be coming soon.

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

In iOS, when you Edit Rule there's a tab all the way down that says "Add Event".. You can add the camera you want to record only.. However, no more settings for motion/sound trigger for that particular cam.. They took it out.. Not sure if they will put that back.. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

D1132,

Within the same rule you can now add multiple devices after the trigger condition. For example, in your above setup, you can say when A detects motion record on A and B in the same rule. When going through the rules flow (for creating or editing an existing rule) tap "Add device" to add additional devices to the same rule.

JamesC

D1132
Tutor
Tutor

@JamesC,

thanks for your help, I know, but, before last update I was able to say:

If A see mouvement then record A during event and record B just 10 secs (and also now is available)

AND

If A feel noise then record ONLY A during event, and this is not available before update.... (or I'm wrong?)

Have a nice day,

D1132

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation