Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Push to talk Audio not working iOS 11.3

Discussion stats
Alangp
Guide
Guide

SInce updating to iOS 11.3 the Push to Talk feature no longer works. I am running the latest version of the Arlo App. I flagged this during iOS 11.3 beta and nothing has been done to fix it.  This needs to be fixed ASAP

102 REPLIES 102
Farrall
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just set up my new system but cannot get the 2 way talk to work on one camera and although it did briefly work on the second that too has now stopped working? Is there a way of resetting this or does it need to be sent back?
scorpio2484
Guide
Guide

Maybe I spoke too soon.

As of this morning Push2Talk doesnt work again Smiley Sad

Nothing has changed from my end. Still on iphone X, iOS 11.3.1 and arlo app 2.4.9

This is getting annoying now!

Carijit
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just installed Arlo Pro with my exiting Arlo Base(VMB3000) and I can only hear the audio from the camera using my iOS app.

If I click “Press to Talk” the othe person near the camera can’t hear me. I have made sure that the App have access to iPhone microphone.
Delta327
Tutor
Tutor

My push to talk still isn’t working. I also have 11.3.1 and an iPhone 7.  Getting more irritated by the week.  It has never worked. They need to figure this out ASAP. We can’t be the only ones out there that has the OS system with problems. 

Streak2
Master Master
Master

What app are you using?

IOS 11 has a known issue. Try use the web interface https://arlo.netgear.com/#/login to see if it works there.

If still not then power cycle the base to see if that clears things up.

RChobby
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Can everyone agree not to post “it’s fixed” messages without testing it for a week or so? It has always been intermittent.
monroek
Initiate
Initiate

I can use the microphone to use the two way talk through my computer but it will not work on my phone. I can see the microphone button pop up on both devices but when I hold it down on my phone and speak through it, I get no sound through the speaker on the camera. Do they only work when you are away? Is there any way to test them? I cannot hear anything when I am in the room trying to get them to work.

Streak2
Master Master
Master

If you're using the Iphone app there is a known problem.

What app are you using?

krypttic
Luminary
Luminary

I can't talk on the microphone no matter whether I connect from my iPhone or my web browser.  This worked fine when I first bought the cameras, now not at all.

Bonnie1220
Initiate
Initiate
Same issue here and please fix it ASAP
Ysabel
Luminary
Luminary

Hi, this issue is a know issue of Arlo wherein all ios devices are unable to use the 2 way audio since speaker of the camera is not working.

All of us that are having issues are still waiting about the feedback from them.

🙂

Bobby39
Guide
Guide

Bobby39
Guide
Guide

Is this a typical wait time for firmware fix?  Looks like it's been several weeks since this problem with IOS was reported and still no fix????   Doesn't make me happy I bought Arlo Pro 2 and not likely to buy more from Netgear if that's the best level of support they can provide 

Mdtiede18
Tutor
Tutor
Well on the 26th before the expected update on the 27th the “push to talk” feature started working for my system. Unfortunately as of yesterday May 1st the push to talk is longer is working for my system., I do still have audio.
scorpio2484
Guide
Guide
Come on netgear. This is a home security camera and one of the key feature of talking back doesn’t work.
I am sure it’s been over a month now that push2talk is broken.
swashington
Initiate
Initiate
Microphone won’t work now that I have new iPhone X. Already tried deleting app..
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

That's an issue that was started with iOS11.3..... heard that maybe 11.4 fixes

contact Netgear Support

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
swashington
Initiate
Initiate

Same here.

RChobby
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
11.4 does not help, the user that posted that statement “took it back”.
CR3
Initiate
Initiate
Right now, with the way things are looking for all users of the Arlo Pro series cams who have iOS based tech are screwed. I’m unbelievably disappointed in the fact that this company cannot communicate with Apple and get this fixed. This is for our own security and awareness. They Netgear/Arlo have not responded to any of this in a matter that would justify a resolution.
Delta327
Tutor
Tutor

I totally agree with you. I remain totally disappointed in the product and disgusted with Netgear’s lack of a timely fix and response. 

RChobby
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Abandoned.
Crabon
Tutor
Tutor
I updated to the beta and it still doesn’t work. When will this be fixed?
JMSchur
Tutor
Tutor

Just bought an Arlo Pro 2 specifically for the two-way Push To Talk function only to find that it doesn't work with my iPhone 8+ or my iPad. Just spent 45 minutes chatting with Support without a resolution. They know it doesn't work but they have no remedy. In reading the forums I see that this has been a known issues for over a year. I'm beyond ticked. 

Danny1986
Tutor
Tutor