Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Push to talk STILL not working

Discussion stats
Sangood
Tutor
Tutor
So after updating to the latest Arlo software today (30th March 2018) push to talk is still not working. I'm using an iphone on ios 11.3, it doesn't work on my home wifi, remote wifi or mobile network. This is so poor for sn expensive camera. My Dad has a £25 cheap thing and it works perfectly and even the video has less lag than Arlo. I really want Arlo to work as its a lovely looking thing but if they don't sort this it's going in the bin and ill be off to Ring.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

An update for the Arlo iOS mobile app has been released that addresses the issue with the push to talk feature. Please make sure you have the latest version of the Arlo mobile app downloaded and installed from the iOS app store.

Release Notes - iOS App 2.5.0 - 13th May 2018

If you continue to experience this issue. Please let us know.

JamesC

View solution in original post

45 REPLIES 45
RChobby
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Same here. Push to talk rarely works. Sometimes it works, maybe 10% of the time.
winjack1963
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same problem. I updated my iphone X to 11.3 and the audio is not working. I have not updated my iPhone 7 and it is working. Also, if I use my computer which is Microsoft Window 10, the audio works fine. I have the lastest Arlo software.

Thanks

Sangood
Tutor
Tutor
Hi, that's interesting, sounds like Arlo need to update their software again to cope with ios 11.3, I don't see Apple updating their software to cope with Arlo hehe
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I have escalated this topic to engineering and it is currently being investigated. I will post an update when I have more information.

JamesC

paris1129
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here! Frustrating to spend $1,000 on a system that lacks advertised functionality that $50 cameras have. Looks like I'll be returning this and buying a competing product unless its addressed by netgear in the VERY near future. 

Sangood
Tutor
Tutor
Updated Arlo app software today and push to talk STILL doesn't work on the iPhone. Get this sorted Netgear, I've paid hundreds of pounds for this gear when I could have paid 35 pounds for something that works perfectly, really unbelievable you can't get these simple things right.
DaveVinkeveen
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same here! Netgear do you have A solution?!
Dan408
Aspirant
Aspirant
Please let me know when they fix this I recently purchased Arlo pro 2. Need my money back! Lol
paris1129
Aspirant
Aspirant

You snooze, you lose, Netgear. Yesterday I returned the whole 5 camera setup for a full refund and am  going with Amazon cloud cams. At least their product works as advertised.

Sangood
Tutor
Tutor
NETGEAR when are you going to sort this problem out?! Or do you really want all your customers (who have paid a lot of money for your products) to return them all and buy some other product from your competitors????
Syen
Initiate
Initiate
Please get a patch to fix iOS 11.3 for push to talk function
Jebjeb2000
Aspirant
Aspirant
Since installing this new to Arlo purchase yesterday, push to talk has worked only about 10% of the time from either Mac or iPhone, except when I ran Windows via parallels on the same Mac. I thought it was a firewall issue at first, but running Windows from the same Mac proves that Netgear doesn’t play nicely with Apple.
Jims06524
Guide
Guide

I am pulling mine out today and returning them to best buy. too much money for them not to work...

Stahl101
Guide
Guide

My camera worked yesterday with the push and talk from my iphone 6s, on the cellular net 4G and wifi. today it doesnt work at all on my iphone.

I also tested it on my mac on wifi, and here it is working fine on all cameras.

Great product which works fine and i am looking foreward to the solution on this minor glich.

Kind regards 

Stahl DK

winjack1963
Aspirant
Aspirant

The "push to talk" on my Arlo Pro 2 camera is not working on my iPhone X when I updated it to 11.3. I did not update my iPhone 7 plus yet and it work fine. Also, my laptop running Windows 10 works fine. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We apologize for the frustration/inconvenience this has caused. The engineering team is working hard toward a resolution for this issue. I do not currently have an ETA for a fix but will provide any new information I receive as soon as possible.

JamesC

rickyjn
Tutor
Tutor

I hope so James,  I love the cameras but this was a main feature for my purchase.  I can give it a few weeks but after that may have to go with another system:(

homer88donuts
Aspirant
Aspirant

I specifically purchased this camera system BECAUSE it advertised two-way audio.  I can buy much cheaper camera systems that don't.  If this doesn't get solved very soon I will be returning it.  I have an iphone SE.

DaveVinkeveen
Aspirant
Aspirant
If it have worked before, than it can’t be so difficult to fix it 🤔 Or is has this been always a problem?
dlew
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem. Push to talk is intermittent at best. I may have to return these and purchase Amazon Cloud Cams. It's a good thing Amazon did not let me post my five-star review of this product. a sit saves me time from having to revise it.

Crazyrae
Initiate
Initiate
Glad I checked this page after hours of trying to figure out push to talk. Seems this problem has existed for awhile. Disappointed to know your not letting the buyer know of the issue with IOS in advance. Being I just bought this and only use IOS, it would’ve been nice to know.
NatBran
Guide
Guide

Dear Netgear,

We have had our Arlo Pro system wiht 5 cameras for about 6 months.  In the last two months the push to talk has not worked but maybe 1 out  of every 20 tries.  Doesn't matter if on local wifi, cell phone (iphone) or Mac or PC.  Very frustrating  We just installed a 5 camera system at my inlaws because my father in law has health issues and he falls down a lot and this is deisnged for his wife to use as a safety measure to wathc an dlistne for him, and push to tlak if necessary.  PLEASE FIX!  The funciton is more than a nice feature, it is a safety feature that your loyal cusotmers COUNT ON!

Thank you,

Brandon

NatBran
Guide
Guide

My wife and I are having the same issues as we see described here.  We have tried making sure volume setting on iPhone are all crnaked up, mic on, and poof...nothing on the camera end.  My inlaws use this for safety as they are older and need the push to talk as a precaution should an accident happen outside around their house.  Netgear, please resolve wiht an update to iOS app ASAP.  This is a safety feature and a requirement to work prpoerly for some of us loyal usuers.  Thank you.

Wailex
Tutor
Tutor
I have not been able to activate my mic/speaker option and wonder when net gear will help those using iOS 11 to get this feature working . Feeling very letdown