Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Alangp
Guide
Guide

SInce updating to iOS 11.3 the Push to Talk feature no longer works. I am running the latest version of the Arlo App. I flagged this during iOS 11.3 beta and nothing has been done to fix it.  This needs to be fixed ASAP

102 REPLIES 102
Mike28a
Tutor
Tutor

Same issue with me. iOS 11.3

gildrush
Apprentice
Apprentice

Speakers in Pro cameras are not working from IOS. They work from MacBook, but neither IPhone 7 or IPad Pro works. All firmwares are most recent and IOS app is current.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Try and contact Netgear Support... maybe they have an answer

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
pinkoos
Apprentice
Apprentice

Count me in on this bug too.

RChobby
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Push to talk does not work for me, either. Please fix! iPhones, iOS 11.3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I have escalated this topic to engineering and it is currently being investigated. I will post an update when I have more information.

JamesC

makaveli1
Guide
Guide

This is definitely an iOS 11.3 issue. Push to talk stops working. 

Please fix asap.

makaveli1
Guide
Guide

oh nice, it's working on my iPhone 8 on iOS 11.3 

StreetView
Initiate
Initiate

The Arlo application is not working for iOS 11.3. It works on prior versions as I test with iPhone 5 and iPad Pro. Both work with iOS versions less than 11.3. With my iPhone 8+ and iOS 11.3, the push to talk microphone does not work. I can hear but I cannot talk thru the camera speaker. I works with Window too. Please fix this problem.

Thanks

makaveli1
Guide
Guide

yea, still having issues on 11.3 using push to talk on the iPhone.

scorpio2484
Guide
Guide

Got an update yesterday on this issue from Netgear Support

"Good day!
This is xxxxxx from NETGEAR ARLO, I do apologize but we do have an issue with the push to talk feature on any iPhone that has the ios version 11.3 the latest version. It is only for the apple device and our Support team is still trying to fix the issue and has no exact date and time when it will be fixed, I would like you to use as of the moment your android devices.
Again We are very sorry for the inconvenience and will update you as soon as we have the information to when it will be fixed. When you call, refer to your case number for us to immediately pull up your information. We provide 24/7 technical support so you may call us at your most convenient time."

makaveli1
Guide
Guide

Pathetic

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you also whine to Apple? Worked before, apparently works on 11.4 beta - sounds like there's a possibility there, too.

Alangp
Guide
Guide

I can confirm that Push to Talk DOES NOT work on iOS 11.4 Beta 2.

I too have recieved a response from Netgear stating that this is a known issue and they dont have a timeframe on when it will be fixed!

RChobby
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
I don’t believe you can lay the blame on any platform other than Arlo. We’ve seen complaints from Android, Apple, and PC.
AllanF57
Initiate
Initiate
Just bought and installed new Arlo Pro 2 and found the same problem with IOS 11.3 and latest firmware. Disappointing with 1st experience with Arlo and key feature not working. Netgear - please fix ASAP.
makaveli1
Guide
Guide

haha, I bought my system a few days ago at Best Buy. I'm still within the return period. I'm really debating it.

Mdtiede18
Tutor
Tutor
I am also an IPhone user, since my last update I have not been able to use the push to talk or microphone on one of two cameras. Which are both Arlo Pro 2 . The camera which is plugged into AC power has the issue while the camera in my garage with only battery power has microphone and talk abilities. Highly disappointed in the issue, Arlo is suppose to be the best and for the money this issues should not be happening.
SB52Champs
Initiate
Initiate

I just upgraded to the Pro2 today for the sake of having the push to talk feature!  I too am having the issue with it not working with iOS 11.3. Please fix ASAP!!

Neil_brandon
Aspirant
Aspirant

Im having the same issue as well 11.3 iPhone 8+ and just purchased the Arlo Pro 2 4 camera pack and one of the KEY features doesnt work, right out of the box. 

diptirp
Initiate
Initiate

The push to talk audio not working in iPhone X 11.3. Pls fix it ASAP.

Delta327
Tutor
Tutor
  • Same issues as everyone else. Bought a package deal at Costco with 5 cameras. Have iOS 11.3.1.  Push-to-talk feature doesn’t work on 5 cameras.  Arlo needs to figure this out ASAP. I’m about ready to take the whole system back to Costco and get some other system. 
Dannyboy143
Initiate
Initiate

Joetmurf1
Guide
Guide

This has been broken for almost a month.  Why can’t netgear give us a status update to what’s going on- besides the standard dumb response that they are investigating the issue. 

I too have 5 of these cameras and I’m sorry I bought them.