Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Piano-Man
Star
Star
I read an article on the website this morning stating that Arlo are now a separate company from Netgear and there is a new Arlo app, which we must install otherwise we lose access to the Arlo system after the 30th September. The new app apparently launched on 26th August, or thereabouts. I only just bought and set up the system. My Arlo app, from Google Play store (UK) and developed by Netgear, says the app version is from 27th June, predating the new app launch - but there is no other app available in the Google store... Should there be a new app in the UK?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The new app should now be available in the Android store with iOS soon to follow. We apologize for any confusion this has caused. It may take a little time for the app to show as available for all users. Please keep an eye on the app store and download the new Arlo app when it becomes available.

For more information on the new Arlo app, take a look here: Arlo is migrating to a new Arlo app this month

JamesC

View solution in original post

189 REPLIES 189
SteffBeck
Initiate
Initiate

I read the same but could not find the new app on Apple’s AppStore 😡

JonathanW99
Guide
Guide

I'm the same - my app has updated to "Arlo Legacy" but I can't see any new app to download on the Apple app store ?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

As per Apple store ( see below )

This is due to the separation of Arlo from Netgear.... Have no doubt the apps in various stores will be available at some date before the deadline.

We will discontinue supporting this app experience on September 30, 2019.

To continue receiving alerts, support, and more, please download the new Arlo app today. Search “Arlo” in the App Store and look for the app icon that’s navy and green. Once you download and sign in to the new Arlo app, please delete the Arlo Legacy app.

Version 2.7.15

Download the new Arlo app to continue accessing your Arlo account, recordings, and settings. This app (Arlo Legacy) will only allow access to your account until September 30, 2019.

Your account and camera settings, and recordings, will automatically transfer over when you sign in to the new Arlo app. ("Call a Friend" for Arlo Smart subscribers, and mobile devices enabled for Geofencing, will both need to be set up again).

Once you download and sign in to the new Arlo app, please delete the Arlo Legacy app.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
TitiPop
Initiate
Initiate
I have the same issue. I now have the Arlo Legacy app but I cannot find the new arlo app in the App Store. Is the new app out yet ?
Australien
Luminary
Luminary
Hi I just updated my Arlo app and it says it’s only working to the end of September. It’s suggesting to download the new app in the App Store but I cannot find a new App from you?! Please help.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

There's another thread on this... it will be coming

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

@TitiPop wrote:
I have the same issue. I now have the Arlo Legacy app but I cannot find the new arlo app in the App Store. Is the new app out yet ?

not yet but coming

Danno52
Initiate
Initiate

Updated the Arlo app today (now named Arlo Legacy) and it told me I would have to update to the new Arlo app but the “new” app is no where to be found in the App Store.

fisheye7
Apprentice
Apprentice
Small point but makes a visual difference.
New Arlo app logo colour has changed to a nondescript black & white ‘colour’.
The previous app was a quickly recognisable, distinctive green based colour.
Change just for the sake of change is not useful. When something is good please don’t change it. We get used to seeing the app on a small screen & immediately recognise its bird logo and the green colour was unique, the black & white scheme just gets ‘lost’.
Regards.
P.S. had to post here as system denies me positing under ‘Arlo App’ section due to me not having enough posts or something similar to that...
Australien
Luminary
Luminary
Ok thanks. It’s weird that it’s not mentioned.
DKN
Guide
Guide
Same problem for me...
JRios11
Star
Star
Typical for netgear
Parky14
Initiate
Initiate
Same here, supposedly released on 26th August but not in iOS App Store. Arlo’s own link to the app takes you to the Legacy app.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The color change was prob due to the new app coming out to allow users to know diff between old and new

see https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro-2/New-Arlo-app/td-p/1721962

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

see https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro-2/New-Arlo-app/td-p/1721962

VinsL
Initiate
Initiate
Hello guys, as the Arlo Legacy app is about due. I can’t find the ‘new Arlo app’ they say in the Australian Apple App Store. Anyone get any idea or link. Much appreciated
Finchwizard
Apprentice
Apprentice
Not in mine either. Typical bunch of arlo crap.

Can’t figure out their system or use their brains to first release the app in all the stores before putting killing the app in less than a month.
Piano-Man
Star
Star
Coming soon to Google Play? I hope so. Because, after only a few days of using the system, now away from home with firmware that won't update and cameras I can no longer view, I've quickly developed distrust in it. I bought it on the basis of professional reviews and discovered that the implementation has not been given proper thought by the company (firmware updates that disable your system until you update, but it refuses to update for no discernible reason??) So, I'm worried that end of September will come and there will still be no app in Google Play, but it will be beyond the date for returning for a refund and I'll have a nice brick in the house. I'd like assurances - not only that the app is coming but also that this broken firmware updating system will be fixed so my house isn't left without camera surveillance like it is right now.
fisheye7
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thanks for your reply.
Oh dear, by the looks of posts coming in, this is going to keep you busy. 😉
Perhaps a simple update without changing name or colour etc. would have been simpler, like most other app updates do. Maybe there’s a good reason this hasn’t been done... Don’t need to reply to this, Im sure you’re busy with other replies...
Keep up the good work, it’s appreciated, even if not often said. 😉
cyberjunkyfreak
Apprentice
Apprentice
Why would they release a “legacy” update requesting customers download the new app before making sure the new app was available for download? Doesn’t make sense and confuses customers.
tallguy2719
Aspirant
Aspirant

Today I received an update of my Arlo app, with a notification that it will be discontinued after september 30. But I am unable to find the 'new' Arlo app in the app store. 

Searching on 'Arlo' ,'Netgear Arlo', 'Arlo Q', does not find the app. Can someone post a link to the app in the App store of Apple please?

MrSpoons
Star
Star

I can’t find it either......and no announcements that I can see on the website.  Looks like the usual incompetent release policy from Arlo.

DKN
Guide
Guide
I do not understand me neither
cyberjunkyfreak
Apprentice
Apprentice
”Looks like the usual incompetent release policy from Arlo”

I was just thinking the same thing. How do they release HomeKit support for older Pro hardware before releasing it for the Ultra?