Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

FlipPat31
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the Arlo Pro 2 Base Station connected to 6 Arlo Pro 2 cameras. I’m not sure but after one of the updates, the base station hasn’t been responsive to the app (which has been going on for almost 2 weeks). No footage are recording and I have not been able to see live footage. Whenever I turn off and turn on the base station, it works for about 15 minutes or so, but then it stops.

When I’m on the app, it can’t collect information from the base station. When I go to the devices section, it’s constanly saying “getting information”...

I’m not sure what’s going on and I really don’t want to reset the whole system to factory settings because positioning all 6 cameras is such a chore. Anyone having the same issues or have a fix?

185 REPLIES 185
DanaM
Aspirant
Aspirant
My Arlo has been working fine since last November when I bought it. Two days ago, suddenly my base station went off line and I can not connect. I tried multiple resets, power re-cycles, waiting long periods, reseting my internet modem etc. I logged into my router and I can see the Arlo base station VMB4000 connected. All lights are ok on the internet connection. I verified the hard wired internet connection with my PC and all is ok. The internet light stays amber. Power and camera lights are green. I do not know how to check ports on my router. I have seen other have had similar connections problems in the last few days but do not know how to link my case
DanaM
Aspirant
Aspirant

I lost my base station internet connection yesterday on my ATT uverse system.  I logged into the router and could see my VMB4000 system connected.  But the internet light stays amber on the base station.  I have used this system since November with no issues.  Do I call ATT or what?

lilica
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm experiencing the same issues as everyone else.  After using the troubleshooting forums and guides and then deleting everything and starting over as I was installing the system all over again (and getting no where) I called support.  After waiting on hold for an hour, the tech on the other end sounded as if he was reading from a script.  " AT&T is having an issue with IP addresses.  We're working with AT&T to solve the issue.  Check your system in 2 days".   I expressed how disappointed I was that Arlo didn't send out any communication regarding the issue.  He repeated the statement as before and said he'd call me when the system was back up.  

Ya right....why do I feel like my cameras will never work again?

bhosay
Aspirant
Aspirant

using TRACERT command packets are NOT reaching destination, which makes since.

Look like when it reaches the LEVEL3 servers starts to have problems.

Notice how the COMMUNTITY TRACERT finishes and does not use the LEVEL3 servers.

12.122.0.0 to 12.255.255.255 = ATT services

12.122.0.0 to 12.123.255.255 = ATT World NET Services

4.0.0.0. to 4.255.255.255 = LEVEL3 PARENT, LLC

212.73.242.0 to 212.73.243.255 = LEVEL3 EUROPE IP ENG.

Graphic_3_20_2019 10_59_10 PM.jpgGraphic_3_20_2019 10_59_25 PM.jpgGraphic_3_20_2019 10_59_48 PM.jpg

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Yup, blame AT&T for Netgears incompetence

_litespeed_
Aspirant
Aspirant

I too have ATT UVerse DSL.  My Base Station had been working fine for 2 months at least. Suddenly, yesterday it went offline and I have not been able to get it back no matter what.  I even reset.  All I get is an amber internet light.  I can't login to the app on my Android - it says "We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable." 

_litespeed_
Aspirant
Aspirant

Nice work on contacting AT&T!  I'll give up for tonight and try in the morning.

sephiroh00
Aspirant
Aspirant
cant connect my arlo base with AT&T wifi, but when I tried the CoX wifi it connects within a seconds, there is a problem between AT&T and Arlo
Garrj1912
Tutor
Tutor

ATT again said they had a network issue, they thought they haad it fixed, but at 8pm CST last night were informed it was still an issue.  If you call ATT (Might help if more complaints show up) immediately tell them you want to be connected to the US "Onshore" tech support center.  Other wise you will spent 1-2 hours with an India call center that wont help becuase it is not a router/computer problem.    as of 4am CST the issue still is not resolved.....  May look at switching to cable.....

CC_RO
Aspirant
Aspirant
Garrj1912, what number did you call? I was transferred to 4 different support departments at ATT yesterday and no one was aware of this issue.
vpete
Tutor
Tutor

@JamesC Good morning. Has AT&T shared any new information about this? I understand their consumer facing technical support isn't available until 0800 CST.

EBTX
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue with U-Verse in Fort Worth, Tx. At&t blames it on arlo saying there is nothing they can do, all the ports are open etc. Arlo blames it on at&t. I took my arlo system to my neighbors house who has specturm, everything connects and i can see my cameras connected to their house. So, it's something to do with At&t.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

MAybe you need some courses in networking. If AT&T blocks access for any reason, Arlo can't do a thing.

Yup, blame Arlo for your total lack of understanding.

Bethany
Star
Star

@JamesC can you please provide an update from Arlo? We've been waiting patiently now for 48 hours and need a resolution. 

one4goals
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue with same response from Arlo tech support.

I have the original Craftsman wireless app and garage door opener, made by Chamberlin.  Cat5 connection into the ATT router and all is working fine.  Only the Arlo base station remains amber on connection.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since it's an AT&T issue, you need to contact their support.  Others have so adding your voice can only help.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Dupe. Just replied in your other thread.

Georgia22
Tutor
Tutor

Anyone had any luck on fixing this issue? 3 days out and no help or resolution. Everytime I talk to AT&T even the onshore techs have no clue that there is a problem. They then proceed to tell me it's not on their end since all my other devices work. Arlo then tells me it is AT&T's problem.  Does anyone know or talked to anyone who actually knows it might be fixed. Is the only other option to drop AT&T as the isp and find another one?

jsibayan
Guide
Guide

@Bethany  No response yet. Arlo or AT&T has got to get their acts together. This is an inconvenience to Arlo Customers. I have invested allot of money just like the rest of us into this system. All I have is a bunch of paper weights at this time. Maybe the FCC or a governmental entity should get involved. 

robocam
Guide
Guide

This is ridiculous.  Neither side accepts responsibility yet who knows how many customers are affected by this.  Each of us has invested hundreds or even thousands of dollars and now it is useless, not to mention we now have no means of monitoring the security of our property.  Class Action Suit?  ATT and NetGear as defendants?

jsibayan
Guide
Guide

@Georgia22 

In my opinion, Arlo is using the internet as a way to make their product work. So I think they are relying on their product to work as long as the internet is available. So I think Arlo should get off their A$#ses and find a fix for this issue or both AT&T and Arlo could work together to find a solution to this. I don't think it should take this long to resolve this issue. I think both of these companies are not backing down or taking responsiblity for what is going on. 

jsibayan
Guide
Guide
Bethany
Star
Star

I'm on with ATT US Technical Support call center now (as another user suggested). I'm currently on hold while the agent is doing some research. She says that ATT put out some sort of update to IP addresses on Tuesday that seems to be the cause. We're on hold waiting for her to connect with that department for more information. 

Please, all of you posting and reading here, call ATT. The more people they hear from the bigger priority it will be for them. Call the Internet Support number 1-800-288-2020. The person who answers your call will be in the offshore technical support center, just asked to be transferred to US support. (You may have to ask twice - just say it's a networking issue and you know this team is already working on it).  

jsibayan
Guide
Guide

@robocam 

Someone should contact the CEO of Netgear/Arlo and make them aware of this issue. Apparently, this issue is too small for the company to realize how much if a problem this has become. 

steelydanu
Aspirant
Aspirant

I too have had all the same issues with my home base: amber internet and camera light (after reset, originally I had all three lights green except the internet light was blinking. I cannot log into myArlo login from home pc or from mobile using wifi. I can however login via LTE. I spoke to an ATT rep and they decide to send a new modem (after reading the replies, I doubt now that is the problem). I also reported the issue with Arlo and the rep said they were having issues with ATT.