Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo (not so) Smart feature

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Brent-Arlo
Tutor
Tutor

Hello fellow nerds, I am interested in people's feedback on the Arlo Smart AI feature that is on offer. You see, I invested in this add-on as my patio camera continuously captured a palm tree swaying in the wind. After attempting exclusion zones captures, I decided to give this buzz word of AI a go. Now I am told the palm tree is either a person, vehicle or animal. Huhhhh?? While I've inve$ted to heavily into the Arlo solution and do think for the time being Arlo is a leader in the wire free security market, you can't help but ask why Arlo with the hardware already there doesn't innovate and better competitors offering. I may have been optimistic/dumb enough to be an early adopter of this feature but why not ask the guinea pigs who are paying for this not so effective feature if that palm tree is actually a car and learn from this response so that I don't have to charge my device as regularly. Oh and it really is a smart feature. yours truly

4 REPLIES 4
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Brent-Arlo

When you are notified of the motion, does the system ask you if the video is a person,animal,vehicle or, (for example) is the notification stating (a person is detected)?

Brent-Arlo
Tutor
Tutor

nope - Arlo doesn't give that option to learn from me

Brent-Arlo
Tutor
Tutor

sorry didn't answer the question - it just tells me that a 'person' has been detected when it's just the palm tree. then get a notification that an 'animal' been detected but behold - just the same palm tree swaying in the wind

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you try and remove the camera as an active smart device to inactive then back. This option can be found in Settings > Manage Arlo Smart. You can also try & reboot the base station or reboot the camera by removing/re-inserting the battery.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation