Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
13tate
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Friend was monitoring our house while we were out of town. I have deleted her access out of our account and she is continuing to receive notifications from our cameras.

She has an Arlo system too so she simply can’t just delete the app.

We have tried logging out, deleting the app, restarting the phone, everything. She is not visible in my “Friends” and can’t see the cameras or recorded videos. But continues to get the push notifications.

50 REPLIES 50
WildernessNZ
Tutor
Tutor

Let me clarify, the friend gets notifications, but can't see the videos themselves. I think authorities to the video access system have been revoked, but the friend has not been removed from the notification system mapping for the cameras related to my base.

PHOTO-2020-09-27-09-28-50.jpg

Mick1960
Tutor
Tutor

Hi I have the same problem I have a arlo system and my parents have one also I was a guest to their system as soon as I was connected to their system one of their cameras went blank ( camera was flashing black screen) so I was deleted to fix the problem now I keep getting notifications from their cameras and they are not receiving notifications any more from their own cameras now both our systems can't be used ( NOT HAPPY ) can this problem be fixed if not let me know so I can be refunded for both units

WendyT
Aspirant
Aspirant
We are having the same problem. Does anyone have a solution?
rsgixer
Tutor
Tutor
It's a problem with the Arlo App and they are looking into it. Can you reply and let Arlo know what makes are the two phones that are having the issue.
WildernessNZ
Tutor
Tutor

I have had this happen twice:

My phone: Iphone 6s, IOS 13.7, performed the Delete friend from this phone

Friend phone: Iphone 4s

My phone: Iphone 6s, IOS 13.7, performed the Delete friend from this phone

Friend phone: Samsung S7Android phone

4non
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have 2 base stations, with 4 cameras in total. Granted a family member access to to everything for testing. Then removed permission to one base station and the camera linked to that base station.

They can no longer view the camera, but still get notifications when motion trigger a push notification from the camera they no longer have permission to view.

Is this a known bug?

4non
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm getting the same issue too so thing there is a fault here

rsgixer
Tutor
Tutor
Please read previous posts.
Mick1960
Tutor
Tutor

I had the same problem I was still getting notifications after being deleted as a guest . This worked on android phones ( Nokia 7.2 and oppo ax5 ) what I did was become a guest again  ( I was given access to everything ) so now  I could see all the cameras again from the host phone on my phone then on my phone I deleted each camera seperatly until all his cameras were gone once that's done I was deleted again from the host phone once I was deleted I stopped receiving notifications. Hope this works for you . I tried Arlo support for days not one person had any idea how to fix the problem don't waste your tine calling them . Good luck

Megiemay
Tutor
Tutor
Hey did you have any luck with this?
I have the same issue, swapped out the cameras and now all cameras and alerting my mother when something moves! Nightmare
Little_boobah
Tutor
Tutor
Nope. But I’m moving soon so I’ll try deleting all my devices and readding them and see if that works.
rsgixer
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, Tried all that. Factory reset all the base units as well. Arlo has been in touch, you can see in this thread. They have duplicated the problem and are looking into it. I am glad you managed to remove it, it's a right royal pain in the backside!!

Milesebm
Aspirant
Aspirant
I gave a friend Access to monitor my system while was away. When I came back, I deleted their Access. However, they still get my notifications. How do we stop this?
jcelliott
Aspirant
Aspirant
Mick,
I'm having the same issue that everyone else is. I've been dealing with Arlo support for 3 months and no solution. I saw your post and was wondering after you had to completely remove all of the host camera's from your phone did you have to re-learn all the camera's on the host's account, like having to pretty much start over from scratch like you're setting up a new system?
Megiemay
Tutor
Tutor
I swapped the camera out but that didn’t work so I ended up getting the person to switch their notifications off. Not ideal but best we could do without deleting all the cameras and starting afresh (not sure if a reboot worked!)
rsgixer
Tutor
Tutor

Apparently, they have just created a firmware update.

Megiemay
Tutor
Tutor
Any idea if/when it’s being rolled out?
rsgixer
Tutor
Tutor
They have messaged me and said now, but my system still says it is upto date!
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

A cloud fix has been released that resolves this issue. This fix is automatically applied and does not require any interaction with your Arlo system.

If you're still experiencing the issue, please let us know by creating a new thread.

jcelliott
Aspirant
Aspirant
Even after your supposed "cloud fix" I'm still getting notifications from my Dad's cameras on my system. This is utter nonsense. This has been an ongoing issue with me that I've been trying to get corrected since August.
EekMcCoy
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same things happened to me give someone access but they’re still getting notifications after I took them off they can’t view any cameras I reset everything two different times still getting notifications I have an iPhone X iOS 14 they have an iPhone 11 iOS 14
beckeeper
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an Arlo Pro system. I recommended to a business associate that they should get one, and when they did, they added me as a user (not admin) for when they went out of town to watch over things. We had a falling out and they removed me from the system but I am still receiving notification alerts, and calls/texts to reboot their system to possibly help rectify the issue have gone unanswered.

Obviously I don’t want to disable notifications entirely on my phone (iOS) because I have my own system, but I am getting very tired of getting hundreds of alerts a day from their system. Any advice?

Mick1960
Tutor
Tutor
No just deleted their cameras on my phone then they deleted my access on their phone they didn't have to do anything else all notifications on my phone from their cameras stopped hope this helps
Eeky
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m having the same problem I took someone off of granted access and they’re still getting notifications I have an iPhone X on iOS 14 he has an iPhone X Max On iOS 14 he still getting every notification from every camera I have which is the flood light and two Arlo ultras
WendyT
Aspirant
Aspirant
I was able to resolve this problem

I reinstated the person’s access to my cameras. They deleted the cameras from their app. Then I deleted their access.

This disconnected us.
Discussion stats