Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Split schedule with Geofencing on, requiring an outside camera to operate still when in zone. How?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Tomh_006
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've been successfully using the Arlo 2 and 4500 base in geo fencing mode, this works well when leaving and returning to the property,  arming and disarming the internal cameras.

I now want to introduce a third camera. This camera will be outside and will cover the garage side door and patio area. I want this to be armed when we are asleep for example/ overnight. But whilst in geo-fencing mode it will not work, we are in.... How can I achieve a hybrid setup here without having to change the mode manually for the whole system. Can you split things or have the camera work independently, or do you need a separate base station on a schedule for outside, to cover overnight.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If you can’t split the home/away settings in geo-zone to work for you, the yes you can add a third base for the extra camera. ( since a base can run only one schedule at a time )

There’s no limit as to the number of bases... I’ve run 3 at one time and do find the option to run multi schedules are an advantage...

and/ or splitting the cameras to like front- rear yards

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If you can’t split the home/away settings in geo-zone to work for you, the yes you can add a third base for the extra camera. ( since a base can run only one schedule at a time )

There’s no limit as to the number of bases... I’ve run 3 at one time and do find the option to run multi schedules are an advantage...

and/ or splitting the cameras to like front- rear yards

Morse is faster than texting!
Tomh_006
Aspirant
Aspirant

OK, thank you for this

I think there's scope for Arlo to extend the scheduling and options here, it can't be uncommon to rely on Geo-Fencing when you're out but equally have some piece of mind with a schedule, when still in, controlling for example an external camera.

Tom

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation