Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
ScotCamera
Luminary
Luminary

Why does the camera battery level show 100% on the app but through the Chrome web portal, it shows 55%? I restarted my base station and the different battery levels still say 100% and 55% on the same camera.

There are other inconsistencies as well such as "camera offline" via the web but works fine through the app. I've tried clearing the browser cache and history which doesn't fix the problem.

139 REPLIES 139
Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

@JamesC 

Hi

I followed your advice (logging in, refreshing, logging in again), but there is no difference. I still get different things on Arlo app and on the web. 

Please fix this as I'm getting tired of having this basic functionality not working properly.

Cheers. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team is continuing to investigate these reports of inconsistent behavior between the mobile app and the web client. I will provide more information as soon as I know more.

Thank you,

JamesC

Rocketdog13
Apprentice
Apprentice

Rocketdog13_0-1665487121230.png

18 months the "team" have been investigating this for, get a grip mate and stop making excuses, the simple fact of the matter is that they are investigation nothing, because they don't want to fix anything, they are too busy working on more and more garbage to sell us just so we can get basic functionality of already expensive cameras.

Cue the roll out of the usual fall back of no help solutions:

reset your base station

reset your device

clear your cache

reinstall the app

resync your device

blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.

Everyone, I'm going to set up a topic page on the forum and everyone should post a screenshot of them cancelling their subscription, how many do you think it will take before somone who can actually do something answers?

I cancelled mine weeks ago and things actually got BETTER.

Let's see shall we?

ralfyguy1
Luminary
Luminary

I agree.

James0075
Aspirant
Aspirant

My battery was showing dead or 11%. I bought two new batteries and nothing changed!

I had to delete the camera and add it again. It came back on showing 100%.

It had fluctuated and I had to log out of the iOS iPhone app and log back in.

Definitely a software update bug.

And I wasted money by buying two new batteries?!

Thanks Arlo… 😡 

ralfyguy1
Luminary
Luminary

It's not gonna get fixed. Get used to it.

Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

It looks like the most recent Android app has fixed the issue. I can now see the up-to-date information on the web, too. No mention of the new app in the firmware update section on this forum as yet.  

ralfyguy1
Luminary
Luminary

How did you do that?

Dannybear
Master
Master

I don’t see any changes to the web portal app version, still 3.7.1_2, nor any real improvement to battery status icons in chrome, edge or safari.

Even tried incognito/private. I’m sure we will get told what is needed to get this working when they figure it out.

I don’t have android but arlo iOS has a new version out if you look in the App Store and search arlo technologies for the app, then click more to show the new version 3.8 update button.

Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

There was an Android update released on 18 Oct. 

At the same time, the web portal shows:

Version
3.8.0_4
Released
10/18/2022

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

There is a new app and web client being rolled out, but it hasn't been rolled out to all regions just yet. These new versions should resolve the issues being discussed here. Once this version is more widely available, I will provide an update.

JamesC

Terminal3
Apprentice
Apprentice

Since I am subscripted to this thread I have been seeing all the post, and thought some got a little too upset about it.  I could still view my recordings and watch live if I wanted.  I just had to remember to not trust the battery level.  If I wanted to see that I needed to open the IOS app.  

Anyway with all that said, the web integration seems to be working for me now.  For how long that might be I don't know.

Dannybear
Master
Master

Did you go on holiday, see your back for the weekend.

Ive googled arlo and found the link below, let us know if it is actually v3.8 and if it actually works better.

Also let us know if you have the web portal working with the new version when you get it.

I have some suggestions to try that may work if it’s not.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.arlo.app&hl=en_AU&gl=US

ScotCamera
Luminary
Luminary

I installed the 3.8 app from the Apple Store and it seems to have solved the battery status issue that I have been having. Battery levels on all cameras show the same status from the web portal and the new IOS app. 

I haven't noticed any features broken from the update, I'll keep a look out and post if I find something.

Thanks for the fix

Dannybear
Master
Master

@ScotCamera 

I’m a bit puzzled, your iOS arlo app was previously giving incorrect battery status?

I have the web portal version updated now but battery icons still showing different status to iPhone, guess I will continue to wait.

Arlouser102422
Aspirant
Aspirant

Nope, that link is for the 3.7 version, see my screen grab below.

I can NOT find any trace of any 3.8 version of the arlo app, it basically does not exist, unless it's been rolled out in Malaysia or something because it doesn't exist in any Western territory.

Yet another lie from Arlo, maybe some of these people who claim to have access to the 3.8 version can post a link to the page they downloaded it from?

Shouldn't be too hard, you posted a link to the current version clearly.

Arlouser102422
Aspirant
Aspirant

JamesCunti_1-1666484007187.png

Look closely at the bottom (zoom in) it says 3.7.1

Arlouser102422
Aspirant
Aspirant

Clearly Arlo prioritise Apple users first, which is really dumb because Android users are by far their biggest users by device numbers alone.

No one should be getting prioritised over anyone else, so how disrespectful is this then?

Dannybear
Master
Master

@Arlouser102422 

Yes can see your point regards the version details. I was looking at the publication date being Oct 18. I know that the v3.7.1 has been about for some time before this date.

Regards your snapshot, needs to be approved by a moderator before anyone can see it so no value given your current forum disability.

Regards the iOS app version, it is normal to be released under the rardar until a week or so later when it appears in the Apple App Store as an update. I imagine it goes the same for android.

ScotCamera
Luminary
Luminary

Go directly to the ios store on your iphone and do a search. The updated version 3.8 shows up there. Why it doesn't automatically show up as an update on your phone, I don't know.

ScotCamera
Luminary
Luminary

Dannybear, 

My iphone app has always had the correct data. Why the updated Arlo app fixed the issues on the web site, I don't know. Maybe a coincidence. Of course it's been one day now, things could change in the future.

I will be sure to point out if issues occur in the future.

Dannybear
Master
Master

@ScotCamera 

Thanks for getting back with the clarification.

I still have iOS 3.7.1 on iPhone as I don’t have auto updating enabled as I have been burned by buggy releases before. I generally wait for the bug testing to finish.

Historically the issue is apparent on the web portal and the android app but agree that anything is possible.

Arlouser102422
Aspirant
Aspirant

@ScotCamera 

Because I don't have an iPhone, so now the question is why are Apple users getting the app update before Android users who by far are the biggest userbase, but even then no-one should be getting priority over any other user.

Also why aren't Arlo announcing updates instead of moderators trotting out the same old tired excuses about issues being investigated, you trying to tell me that they didn't know this update was in the pipe 4 weeks ago?

Arlouser102422
Aspirant
Aspirant

@Dannybear 

Disability?

What are you trying to imply?

Lol, you must be talking about one of my "brothers" surely?

Dannybear
Master
Master

It’s Sunday somewhere so you have a days grace.

Did you try the google link to see if it was v3.8?