Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Timed out request

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Roor1001
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have been trying to log through the website and it is not working it shows that the request have timed out. Even though that the app is working fine.

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Roor1001 wrote:

I have been trying to log through the website and it is not working it shows that the request have timed out. Even though that the app is working fine.

Are you talking about 2 factor verification?  Or something else?

Roor1001
Aspirant
Aspirant

A apologize for not explaining it properly, i am trying to add a user to view the cameras but what is happening is when i try to log in to the invite link it gives me an error saying "request time out". I cant log in through the link but when i try to log in through the app it works. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Roor1001 wrote:

when i try to log in to the invite link it gives me an error saying "request time out". I cant log in through the link but when i try to log in through the app it works. 

What option for two factor authentication are you choosing?

The default would be web push, and you would need to authenticate the login on the phone that is logged into the app using the "friend" credentials.

Roor1001
Aspirant
Aspirant

@StephenB 
I am using the phone number as the 2 factor authentication. I connected one friend with me before and it worked perfectly. I dont remember getting a notification to authenticate the friends account. I still coudn't get it to work. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Roor1001 wrote:

I dont remember getting a notification to authenticate the friends account. I still coudn't get it to work. 

The authentication has to be done from the friend account, so the authentication request would go to their phone.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation