Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Battery level are different on app vs web

Discussion stats
ScotCamera
Luminary
Luminary

Why does the camera battery level show 100% on the app but through the Chrome web portal, it shows 55%? I restarted my base station and the different battery levels still say 100% and 55% on the same camera.

There are other inconsistencies as well such as "camera offline" via the web but works fine through the app. I've tried clearing the browser cache and history which doesn't fix the problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue should now be resolved with a web client release that requires no intervention from users to receive. Please let us know if you continue experiencing this behavior.

JamesC

View solution in original post

139 REPLIES 139
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @ScotCamera

Thank you for providing this info. I was able to replicate this as well. I will provide an update regarding this issue as soon as possible. 

thank you

Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
This is the case on Arlo HD bade-station. Bizarre behaviour.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

ArloWatcher
Luminary
Luminary

If I view my cameras using the web page, I get the "This device's battery level is too low. Connect an compatible charger to charge the battery." for some of the cameras, but if I view on the android app the charge levels are correct. What's up?

ScotCamera
Luminary
Luminary

Is there an estimated time for a fix?

dcfox1
Master
Master

@ScotCamera  Its a 3 day holiday weekend in the U.S.  So you won't hear anything until Tuesday at earliest. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try clearing the browser cookies and cache for the site as well as using a different browser.

ArloWatcher
Luminary
Luminary

Didn't work for Chrome or Edge, Firefox is the only browser that display correct charge levels.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @ScotCamera

The Arlo development team is aware & currently investigating this issue. I will provide another update as soon as possible

Thank you

DJoy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Problem is similar to this user from 2016: kayescalate. 

Battery online reads 54%, its a new fully charged battery. On the app it reads 91%. How do I get the battery indicators to sync to correct level?

ScotCamera
Luminary
Luminary

It seems the latest version of Firefox on the MAC and the iOS app for my iPhone are the only two that are synced with the same camera information. Chrome or Safari don't show the current information for the cameras. For instance, I can turn a camera off via my iPhone and then go to Chrome or Safari and see the camera is still on. I can't believe me and others actually pay for this incompetency.

dcfox1
Master
Master

On Fire Fox and  Edge Browser on PC it is the same as the App here. 

ksss11
Luminary
Luminary

I posted about this on Pro forum but have gotten nowhere. We only use desktop Chrome, (no apps on our phones, as we are too terrified something will go wrong if we do it because of reading comments on app problems).

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ksss11 wrote:

We only use desktop Chrome, (no apps on our phones, as we are too terrified something will go wrong if we do it because of reading comments on app problems).

You can safely install the app on your phones - it won't interfere with the web ui.  You don't need to re-install the cameras or base, you just need to log in with your current credentials.

Though only one log in is allowed at a time.  So if you are logged into the app, you will be logged out if your wife logs in.  And both apps would be logged out if you log into with the browser.  You can fix that by creating a second (or even a third) account, and then granting access to it from the account you already have set up.  https://kb.arlo.com/000039122/How-do-I-add-friends-to-my-Arlo-account

acountingsheep
Tutor
Tutor

It's been almost a month since this post and still not resolved?  I'm having the same issue.   2 of 8 cameras show as dead online but on the app they're nearly full charge and functioning as expected.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

acountingsheep

This issue has been identified & will be resolved with an update coming soon.

Thank you

Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
When exactly is 'soon'?

I have the same problem on my Chrome browser.

Additionally, with the latest update of the app for Android, scrolling through tiles with cameras is accompanied with a noticeable lag.
ScotCamera
Luminary
Luminary

There have been some recent updates but the battery problem still exists. This was not a problem a while ago. Don't the updates get tested for bugs before pushing them live? The last app update said it included new features. Instead of adding new features, why not just fix what is broken?

magnumrs
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue.  Ipad and Google Pixel phone show 97% while PC webpage shows a dismal 23% with one of my cams!  What is up with this?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

This issue should now be resolved after a recent web client update. Can you please clear your cache and review your battery percentage levels. 

Thank you

ScotCamera
Luminary
Luminary

This works great in the latest version of Chrome on my iMac. Haven't tested other browsers yet or if it broken something else.

Thanks for the fix!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for the update!

nurselisa
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

My 3 cameras have all said 100% for over 3 months with a red battery icon. I have also checked Safari, Chrome and Firefox and they all say 100%.  All firmware is up to date.  Anyone have any ideas here?

Thank you.

ScotCamera
Luminary
Luminary

I found this is just how these cameras work, nothing seems to work 100% like they claim. My advice is to remove the batteries and then reconnect. Hopefully it was just a one time thing.

My biggest complaint is that audio doesn't always record like it should along with activity zones not always working correctly. Its always a hit and miss thing. I've learned to NOT rely on these cameras for any type serious security activity, they are only about 80% reliable.  My cameras are now used to catch what type of wild animal activity I have going on around my house at night.