Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
ScotCamera
Luminary
Luminary

Why does the camera battery level show 100% on the app but through the Chrome web portal, it shows 55%? I restarted my base station and the different battery levels still say 100% and 55% on the same camera.

There are other inconsistencies as well such as "camera offline" via the web but works fine through the app. I've tried clearing the browser cache and history which doesn't fix the problem.

139 REPLIES 139
ksss11
Luminary
Luminary
Took down camera, removed it, and re-synced it. Has been operating normally since. As for battery, I will have to watch over weekend to see if it reads any difference on power as it says it is at 100% right now after a day of recordings.
ksss11
Luminary
Luminary

Ok..so the battery situation was corrected for a whole two  days and now I log in to check levels ..2 cams at 42%...go to library to look at some videos...go back to home screen and now one is in the yellow at 25%!!! Come on Arlo. Get this fixed. Have been on chat and yes, they are helpful but the problem just comes back. Also having problems with the motion light staying yellow and not recording anything. Seems like when we try over and over to go 'live' then it corrects itself and the light goes off and it records normally again. Have re-synced the one camera twice but yet still happening. 

ksss11
Luminary
Luminary

Just for kicks signed in on Edge...battery power at 31% and 76% on those cameras. BTW I just plugged the one in and it does not show that it is charging. And yes the connections are secured.

Please fix this issue. Chat had serial number and firmware on it and said it was fine, so what gives?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue should now be resolved with the latest version of the Arlo mobile app. Please let us know if you still experience an issue.

JamesC

ksss11
Luminary
Luminary

So we will not get accurate readings if we use the desktop ? We are not looking to put this on our phones.

Terminal3
Apprentice
Apprentice

This is not resolved for me.  The web page still does not show the status of the cameras accurately.  The app shows everything fine, but the web interface, does not.

For example this morning.  It shows one of my cameras having about 64% battery on the web interface.  I got an email from Arlo saying the camera battery is low and when I look at it with the phone app it is at 15%.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ksss11, Terminal3

Try clearing your browser cache and then test again to see if you still experience the same behavior.

JamesC

oes
Guide
Guide

This is still broken. None of the camera battery levels match the app levels. Doesn't matter what browser you use or how many times you clear cache. 

Also editing the motion sensitivity for cameras doesn't work in the app, it never saves. Only works on the website.

victorpc
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 3 apps, an android phone, windows 10 blue stack and windows crome Arlo apps.
All gave different battery levels and very slow updates on battery levels. 
I there a way to instantly update the camera status without disconnecting the batteries. 
Ps, the change in the Arlo apps for windows cromes is bad having to press live feed just to get a last recorded image thumbnail is not very power conserving.   
vmc3030

Dannybear
Master
Master
There is a issue regarding the battery % and symbol status when using the arlo web portal with a browser. The information is not being updated so different browsers will show different values and symbols.

The mobile app seems to be consistently correct for me.
oes
Guide
Guide

I can't even use the web app today, it says all my cameras have dead batteries, which they haven't been any time recently. The lowest the phone app shows is 44%. Arlo is trash.

ScotCamera
Luminary
Luminary

Arlo isn't good at fixing or addressing issues. Its seems they spend more time on coming up with new devices rather than dealing with bugs in their previously released products. 

seanut
Guide
Guide

After attaching my camera to a charger, the camera is charged, but the charging icon stays on.

It also only updates the percent for the first few minutes. If I start charging at 50, it might hit 53 before it stops increasing. I come back an hour later and it is still 53. If I disconnect the charger and then reconnect, sometimes it will update and show 80 or something like that.

I now have 3 camera that all show they are charging when they are not.

I am on Windows 11 using the web portal.

The firmware is 1.080.17.3_50_94fae6e

Dannybear
Master
Master
I believe that the web portal interface is having issues not updating the camera battery % and icons, been like for sometime. Try using the mobile app version.
rdilauro
Guide
Guide

When I check my battery status, at times I get different values looking at the Device tab or Settings tab.

One of my ULTRA 2 cameras was ready 51% using the Device Tab.  I went over to the Settings tab and it was 99%

This has happened several times with different cameras.

This doesnt happen all the time.   And most of the time eventually both tabs show the same battery percentage within 2 or 3 %

Is one or the other more accurate?

RedwoodGeorge
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have four Ultra 2 cameras around the house - one internal connected to AC power and three external connected to solar panels.  One of the cameras has stopped reporting the battery state on the app and on the website - it's stuck at a fixed percentage no matter what the actual charge level is.  What's intriguing is that the value differs depending on which browser I use - but the number never changes.  In Firefox the battery level is always 34%, in Chrome it's always 63% and on the app it's always 65%.  The other outdoor cameras show fluctuating charge levels depending on usage and how sunny it's been but this one camera is "stuck".

I'm a web developer so I've tried all the rudimentary steps: refreshing the web page, hard reloading the web page (ctrl+F5), and clearing the cache and cookies - none of this makes a difference.  The camera is still detecting motion and sending clips to the web but it's useful to know if the battery is running low (which happens on cloudy days with high wind, causing lots of motion on the camera).
Has anyone else experienced this issue?  What are the next diagnostic steps to remedy the problem?

Dannybear
Master
Master
There are a number of threads here on the forum describing similar behaviour. Your the first to mention the mobile app has the same issue and on one camera.
Next step is to wait a few months for arlo to fix.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi,

Have you tried removing and reinstalling the Arlo mobile app? Please make sure you have the latest version of the App 3.6.8

Thanks 

rdilauro
Guide
Guide
I am at the latest level. 3.6.8
ScotCamera
Luminary
Luminary

Probably a coincidence, but I restarted my Arlo base station. That seemed to fix it for me, at least for now. The other option is to take out and then reinsert the battery for each camera and do a restart ( I know, not what you would expect  to do with a $9.99 month service)

Dannybear
Master
Master
Not sure why the thread has been solved, issue still persists using the web portal.
Restart of Base station only updates battery % once, battery icons same if restart cameras.
Then when you log back in it reverts. Clearing cookies, same.
Rainat
Star
Star

This topic I believe is about the website MY Arlo Web Portal. For me it's been getting worse. Cameras off but shows Motion Icon and not showing off. Battery Levels are all over the place. Showing not connected to internet which it is. This has been going on for MONTHS....please fix YOUR web portal. The only accurate reading is the first one. Second one is OFF third I just changed batteries. Bottom left is on and showing recordings in the app. Last one  is correct. Fix you WEB Portal. Please.2022-09-02.png

Teesea
Guide
Guide

I'm running version 3.6.8 of the Arlo mobile app and I still have this problem. I have a total of 8 cameras. 4 x Arlo Pro 2 and 4 Arlo cameras. All of the cameras seem to be affected. As an example one of the cameras showed a battery percentage of 46%. I exited the app and immediately re-opened it and the same camera showed a battery percentage of 30%. The firmware level is 1.5.295 on an iPhone SE 2020 running iOS 15.6.1

dvhouten
Aspirant
Aspirant

Will this ever be fixed?  Or are we stuck with only being able to see the correct battery % in the app?  It would be nice to see that it is being addressed and that there is a timeframe for resolution.

dvhouten
Aspirant
Aspirant

I think I just answered my own question. I accepted the "survey" and went through the entire survey. When I submitted it, I got an authentication error.

I'm pretty sure this thread is not being monitored and they have no plans on resolving anything unless you are a paid subscriber. And I am skeptical that they are even getting attention.

I have been in IT for 35 years and I am always asked about home security cameras.  Arlo will no longer be one of my suggestions.