Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
ScotCamera
Luminary
Luminary

Why does the camera battery level show 100% on the app but through the Chrome web portal, it shows 55%? I restarted my base station and the different battery levels still say 100% and 55% on the same camera.

There are other inconsistencies as well such as "camera offline" via the web but works fine through the app. I've tried clearing the browser cache and history which doesn't fix the problem.

139 REPLIES 139
nurselisa
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your reply.  I too use them to watch animal activity.  I have removed the battery from it's housing and restarted the camera and still they say 100%.  It's an expensive paper weight at this point.

ScotCamera
Luminary
Luminary

You have the Arlo Pro 4? I have the Arlo Pro 3 paper weight. Hard to believe they can sell these at those prices not to mention the $10 month subscription.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@nurselisa

What does the Arlo mobile app display?

zkengle
Guide
Guide

Arlo Dashboard on computer won't let me view my driveway camera because the battery is too low.  However my phone lets me view it fine and says the battery 41%.  Hard to believe this issue has been going on for others for years but Arlo can't fix it.

ScotCamera
Luminary
Luminary

The only response I get from Arlo is "I can investigate this for you". "What app version are you using? What browser version are you using? I guess they have to reply somehow without looking like they truly ignore their paying customers.

Terminal3
Apprentice
Apprentice

Just had this happen to me today.  I just cleared all the browser data and the camera still shows the battery at 16% even though I just changed the battery and my IOS app says it is at 100%

ScotCamera
Luminary
Luminary

Something tells me it's not a browser issue since it shows the same incorrect reading on another computer. It may be cached somehow in the base station. I don't have the time to troubleshot all this since it usually clears in a couple of days. This is something Arlo should be trying to figure out not me, unless they want to put me on their payroll.

Terminal3
Apprentice
Apprentice

IF I load up the Arlo web page on edge it shows correctly at 100%.  I use chrome and it still shows the battery at 16%.

ScotCamera
Luminary
Luminary

Chrome seems to not show reliable camera info. Currently I'm charging my Arlo 4, in Safari the battery indicator displays the charging bolt icon. In Chrome the charging bolt icon doesn't display. Both battery levels show the same amount.

It's a browser jump rope game. Depending on what you want to achieve determines what browser to use. Also every Arlo update is like Christmas, you always get a new surprise. At least Santa double checks to make sure his presents are in working order before he gives them out 🙂

zkengle
Guide
Guide

Found out the issue is because of my browser.  My default browser is Firefox, which is where i get the "Battery too Low" error on one of my 4 cameras.  I just logged in on Google Chrome and the camera loads properly. 

What kind of sense does that make???  It basically means that any errors Arlo displays are arbitrary and can't be trusted.

zkengle
Guide
Guide

Ironically, when I click on the "support.arlo.com" link in the support menu for the device I get a 404 Page not Found error.

ScotCamera
Luminary
Luminary

I've been trying to point that out to Arlo for a long time. Apparently that is something that is not of importance to them or cannot be fixed. The Arlo app is probably the best place for accurate data. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ScotCamera wrote:

I've been trying to point that out to Arlo for a long time.

FWIW, I reported it myself quite a while ago.  @JamesC - any idea on when this might be fixed?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ScotCamera, StephenB

We have a ticket open for this, but I don't have an ETA for the fix at this time. For those seeking support assistance, I recommend navigating to Settings > Support within the Arlo mobile app.

JamesC

ScotCamera
Luminary
Luminary

I also have a Arlo 4 which through Chrome says its ON but the app says its off.

ScotCamera
Luminary
Luminary

While they are fixing things, what about increasing the 2 minute time limit for 2FA? Sometimes I don't get the text in time to process it. Is increasing to say 5 minutes really going to cause a security issue??

scheckthang
Aspirant
Aspirant

The App on iPhone and Andriod say All four cameras are charged and operating (which is the case) but Web says one "Your Arlo device appears offline"  for one and another is close to nothing on the battery.

ksss11
Luminary
Luminary

Lately this year our cameras do not show current battery level. If we had them charging, but have unplugged them hours or a day prior, it still shows that the battery is charging. Also, can go from 99% to 18% if we log out and then log back in. Have tried turning camera off, plugging in again and unplugging, but it still reads as if it is charging. All other functions are normal. Do not and should not have to get a ladder and do the re-sync as this never used to happen. Was there an update that caused this?

Dannybear
Master
Master
If you’re using the arlo web portal then it’s likely to be a problem with the arlo interface.
If you can use the mobile app version to compare, I have found that it is more reliable.
You can open a case with support via the app if you have a subscription plan else you will have to wait for a paying customer to complain.
ksss11
Luminary
Luminary

I just use Chrome on desktop. I am a paying customer.

Dannybear
Master
Master
You will need to contact arlo support via the app to raise a fault case.
Look on the settings page for support.

I will also tag @JamesC and @ShayneS to ensure you get noticed.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.

JonInColorado
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am seeing this same behavior on one of my cameras.

if I restart it via the app it will sometimes update the battery level.

I have removed it and re-synced it and no change in behavior.

You here back from support?

ksss11
Luminary
Luminary

Did someone not read right? I DO NOT use mobile app as too many complaints on forums about using it and the desktop and I refuse to deal with MORE problems. 

I haven't heard anything from Arlo people. And now the camera that it happens most on is suddenly offline since the day I complained. 

ksss11
Luminary
Luminary

I just got off Arlo chat. Got two cameras acting right, but the now offline  camera will have to be taken down, battery taken out of for 20 seconds then re-inserted. I am to log out of account and close Chrome before I do that and then open Chrome and log in to see if it is ok. I have an open case number.

Worked all night and will climb ladder later today to see if that works. Will post tomorrow on findings.