Solved! Go to Solution.
This is happening everywhere, Im in Florida and my son is in Texas and he has the same problem. Its clear this is an Arlo problem. I was chatting with them and I did everything they asked me to and nothing. She told me its happening to many, some have been fixed but others still not working. THIS IS A MAJOR SECURITY PROBLEM! Many of us depend on these cameras for our safety. Arlo needs to fix this asap!
Have you all checked the Timezone settings in the base unit are set correct.
There have been reports of it jumping to the pacific region, when they set it to be correct things work again but the settings changes back after a time.
This might be why pacific region is unaffected.
I am in Vancouver so west Canada. I am unclear if this was a firewall issue or not.. It seemd like I changed my firewall to Minimum and it began woring but it was right after I made this post. Is there a change they changed which UDP [ort Arlo uses or somthing? Is there anyone actually AT Arlo? To be honest if I know that my camera system relied on their servers to be up and running to work I am not sure if I would have bought this system. I have 5 Cameras and so far it has worked pretty well until this. They will have a class action lwsuit on their hands if they do anything dodgy in the future but they really are the ones in control of my camera system and it kind of sucks. It is working now so if oyu are having the same problems decrease your firewall strangth and reboot your router. That is what I did and it began working but I have the same router etc foe years at a high security setting and it always worked fine.
Well, it has been 3 days now and I still get the message "the device failed to connect. Please try again.". I am very disappointed in this product and if possible I will try to return it. If I can't rely on a security device after spending $550, it is going back with a bad review.
Hello everybody, I just got a new MacBook and am trying to look at my Arlo cameras. I was a little disappointed when I saw there isn't an app you can download like the iPhone. So I went on line to the website and had to download Adobe. Now that I downloaded Adobe it says "There was a problem establishing a connection to your media server." Any suggestions thanks guys.
On Friday 4/19/19 we released firmware for base station models – VMB4000, VMB3500 and VMB3000. Some customers have reported seeing error messages when live streaming and issues receiving motion recordings. Due to these reports, we are rolling back this release to the previous firmware version (18.104.22.168_27940) while we investigate these issues.
If you begin experiencing one or more of these symptoms, please power cycle your base station and confirm that your firmware has reverted to v22.214.171.124_27940 – found under Device settings. To power cycle, choose the ‘restart’ option under your Device settings within the Arlo app or by unplugging and re-plugging power to your base station.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused. Please let us know if you are still experiencing these issues.
I have the same problem and started about the same time. I have done pretty much everything you mentioned to no avail. I was already disappointed with this system and now this is definitely breaking the camels back. Paid too much for it not function reliably. It is Sunday night and still not working so this is going back to Amazon tomorrow.
Seems like we are back in business. Arlo team reverted firmware back to V126.96.36.199_27940 and I am able to connect to all my cameras again after 3 days. Just need to power off the base and turn it back on and it will revert back.
Arlo Team, thank you but this is still unacceptable for an outage this long and lack of communication.
Just performed another base station reboot. The Arlo app was then indicating that a firmware update was required, which I did. Version of the firmware is now 188.8.131.52-27940. Now the live view and notifications are working as expected.
With no official respons how to backroll firmware or a new firmware update available from Arlo I guess best is sending an email to email@example.com according to the service agreement (22-4-2019) in the app still the contact. I have no idea why this is not updated when they split.
Btw, I'll be looking at the local storage option next.
Sometimes, the issue self resolves. If not, restarting the base stations occasionally works, other times nothing seems to work.
Wi-Fi strength shouldn’t be an issue; the cameras going offline are closer with better signals than others that remain up on the same base. There’s no apparent commonality.
Thanks for your help.
It's not your issue, by all appearances. Many others are reporting the same thing. I understand Arlo is looking into it. All you can do is keep trying every once in a while.
Looks like everything on my end is back up and running again as well today. They pushed a new firmware for the base station overnight it appears. Now running 184.108.40.206_27940.
I am not sure. I am going to turn my firewall back to where it was and see if it stops the cameras from working again.. My firmware on the cameras is 220.127.116.11_31717
Base is 2.5.5