Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

TheMarty
Star
Star
Anyone else got a broke system? As of Friday morning sometime, my Arlo Pro2 cameras have stopped shoeing a live view, recording movement, etc. They show as connected. - I have done NO CHANGES prior to the working Arlo system. I believe this to be a buggy server push to my base station. - Removed cameras and base station. - Added base station and cameras as new devices (twice) - rebooted/cycled modem/router and Arlo Base station for 11 minutes (3 times) - IOS devices say "Cannot connect to cameras ) they time out. PC running WINDOWS 10 error is attached as image file to this post. Basically gives me a media server error. - All Arlo firmware is up to date. I called Arlo support to file a ticket but if this is not sorted in 48 hours I'm dumping this back to Best Buy. I didn't buy a security system to have it not function!
161 REPLIES 161
BigAl2048
Initiate
Initiate

This is happening everywhere, Im in Florida and my son is in Texas and he has the same problem. Its clear this is an Arlo problem. I was chatting with them and I did everything they asked me to and nothing. She told me its happening to many, some have been fixed but others still not working.  THIS IS A MAJOR SECURITY PROBLEM! Many  of us depend on these cameras for our safety.  Arlo needs to fix this asap!

milton_mike
Guide
Guide
It’s affecting the US as well... my service has been out for at least 24-hrs, not cool.
SecGuy
Guide
Guide

Mine has been out from Friday after a firmware update.  Also in North America (EST).

Dannybear
Master
Master
Ok so pacific region is the only one not affected.
Have you all checked the Timezone settings in the base unit are set correct.
There have been reports of it jumping to the pacific region, when they set it to be correct things work again but the settings changes back after a time.
This might be why pacific region is unaffected.
bubbasw
Apprentice
Apprentice

I am in Vancouver so west Canada. I am unclear if this was a firewall issue or not.. It seemd like I changed my firewall to Minimum and it began woring but it was right after I made this post. Is there a change they changed which UDP [ort Arlo uses or somthing? Is there anyone actually AT Arlo? To be honest if I know that my camera system relied on their servers to be up and running to work I am not sure if I would have bought this system. I have 5 Cameras and so far it has worked pretty well until this. They will have a class action lwsuit on their hands if they do anything dodgy in the future but they really are the ones in control of my camera system and it kind of sucks. It is working now so if oyu are having the same problems decrease your firewall strangth and reboot your router. That is what I did and it began working but I have the same router etc foe years at a high security setting and it always worked fine.

bubbasw
Apprentice
Apprentice

I AM the poster ,,,, PACIFIC REGION... .Canada Pacific.

Fereydoon
Guide
Guide

Well, it has been 3 days now and I still get the message "the device failed to connect. Please try again.". I am very disappointed in this product and if possible I will try to return it. If I can't rely on  a security device after spending $550, it is going back with a bad review. 

tnoyes
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello everybody, I just got a new MacBook and am trying to look at my Arlo cameras. I was a little disappointed when I saw there isn't an app you can download like the iPhone. So I went on line to the website and had to download Adobe. Now that I downloaded Adobe it says "There was a problem establishing a connection to your media server." Any suggestions thanks guys.

Dannybear
Master
Master
So narrow down pacific to no reports from the Asian pacific so far then.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

On Friday 4/19/19 we released firmware for base station models – VMB4000, VMB3500 and VMB3000. Some customers have reported seeing error messages when live streaming and issues receiving motion recordings. Due to these reports, we are rolling back this release to the previous firmware version (1.12.0.1_27940) while we investigate these issues.

If you begin experiencing one or more of these symptoms, please power cycle your base station and confirm that your firmware has reverted to v1.12.0.1_27940 – found under Device settings. To power cycle, choose the ‘restart’ option under your Device settings within the Arlo app or by unplugging and re-plugging power to your base station.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused. Please let us know if you are still experiencing these issues.

Thank you,

Arlo Team

Fereydoon
Guide
Guide

I have the same problem and started about the same time. I have done pretty much everything you mentioned to no avail. I was already disappointed with this system and now this is definitely breaking the camels back. Paid too much for it not function reliably. It is Sunday night and still not working so this is going back to Amazon tomorrow.

Fereydoon
Guide
Guide

Seems like we are back in business. Arlo team reverted firmware back to V1.12.0.1_27940 and I am able to connect to all my cameras again after 3 days. Just need to power off the base and turn it back on and it will revert back.

Arlo Team, thank you but this is still unacceptable for an outage this long and lack of communication.

vpnmand
Tutor
Tutor

Hi

Our system runs again after a restart of the base station and "update" to version v1.12.0.1_27940

LJ66
Guide
Guide

Just performed another base station reboot.  The Arlo app was then indicating that a firmware update was required, which I did.  Version of the firmware is now 1.12.0.1-27940.  Now the live view and notifications are working as expected. 

fredWO
Aspirant
Aspirant

It's now clear a  (firmware ?)  update between 3-5 in the morning messed things up majorly.  

With no official respons how to backroll firmware or a new firmware update available from Arlo I guess best is sending an email to legal@netgear.com  according to the service agreement (22-4-2019) in the app still the contact.  I have no idea why this is not updated when they split. 

8888h
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks, is anyone able to raise a support ticket? I tried and couldn't navigate to a page to do anything.... nothing! No help
Dannybear
Master
Master
Have you read post 88 of this thread?
8888h
Tutor
Tutor
Just did yes, seriously I'm having trouble just navigating the forum omg. Would have been good if arlo could have sent comms out earlier to its subscribed audience.

Btw, I'll be looking at the local storage option next.
tdl311
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have 3 base stations and a mix of Arlo Pro and Arlo Pro 2 cameras. Within the last few days, cameras are randomly going offline across the base stations. I’ve had the configuration for a couple years and haven’t had the issue prior.

Sometimes, the issue self resolves. If not, restarting the base stations occasionally works, other times nothing seems to work.

Wi-Fi strength shouldn’t be an issue; the cameras going offline are closer with better signals than others that remain up on the same base. There’s no apparent commonality.

Thanks for your help.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's not your issue, by all appearances. Many others are reporting the same thing. I understand Arlo is looking into it. All you can do is keep trying every once in a while.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There appears to be a server issue since many folks have posted saying they're hav ing issue. Arlo is said to be working on it.

oddmud
Guide
Guide
Cameras back up and working again this morning.
theITrebel
Guide
Guide

Looks like everything on my end is back up and running again as well today. They pushed a new firmware for the base station overnight it appears. Now running 1.12.0.1_27940.

bubbasw
Apprentice
Apprentice

I am not sure. I am going to turn my firewall back to where it was and see if it stops the cameras from working again.. My firmware on the cameras is 1.125.13.0_31717

Base is 2.5.5

Dannybear
Master
Master
If you’re talking about using USB backup on the base unit, just be aware of a firmware bug that prevents recording the powered cameras when internet connection is lost although with the recent issue the issue wasn’t internet related.