Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

TheMarty
Star
Star
Anyone else got a broke system? As of Friday morning sometime, my Arlo Pro2 cameras have stopped shoeing a live view, recording movement, etc. They show as connected. - I have done NO CHANGES prior to the working Arlo system. I believe this to be a buggy server push to my base station. - Removed cameras and base station. - Added base station and cameras as new devices (twice) - rebooted/cycled modem/router and Arlo Base station for 11 minutes (3 times) - IOS devices say "Cannot connect to cameras ) they time out. PC running WINDOWS 10 error is attached as image file to this post. Basically gives me a media server error. - All Arlo firmware is up to date. I called Arlo support to file a ticket but if this is not sorted in 48 hours I'm dumping this back to Best Buy. I didn't buy a security system to have it not function!
161 REPLIES 161
ccapitan
Aspirant
Aspirant

@Support How many posts are required for at least an update on fix?

LJ66
Guide
Guide

The received error is "The device failed to connect. Please try again." 

Tried to reset the video zoom, and again no joy.  This seems to be an issue with the latest firmware update.  

I have tried power cycling both the base station and my router, numerous times without any success.  

Please fix ASAP.

jmilliken
Aspirant
Aspirant

same problem - started two days ago

Dannybear
Master
Master
Have you pulled the camera battery to reset the camera?
LJ66
Guide
Guide

Disconnecting the battery made no difference.  This appears to be an issue with the base station firmware.

See the following post:

Not working for the Arlo Pro's as well...

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/Arlo-is-no-longer-recording-to-my-library-LIVE-view-failures/...

ant
Mentor
Mentor

@jguerdat wrote:

Maybe it's a bad base or power supply. Fighting with hardware problems ain't worth it. Use the warranty, if available, or buy a new base with return privileges.

For both base stations (original from early 2015 and Pro 2 from last year) having similiar issues?

Just now, I noticed Arlo 2 Pro's base station seems to have crashed again since I noticed the lack of new recordings. Last was one was 16 hours ago when I know that camera gets a lot of activies.

I logged into my iPhone 4S' iOS app and couldn't even get any live feeds from it. They never start. I tried again with the web site, but got its "There was a problem establishing a connection to the media server.". I tried to restart the base station remotely, but it didn't work. It never rebooted.

I noticed the base stations' green lights were on. Middle one (Internet) even blinked! I had to power off and on with its rear button.

What the heck? Both original Arlo and Arlo Pro 2 base stations are crashing too much these days for me! 😞

Rustus
Aspirant
Aspirant
Not sure what to do...

I have Arlo Pro 2, (7 cameras), all cameras are not recording and I am not getting any notifications, I am unable to connect to the cameras to do live stream. Although I can see the battery levels / charging levels on each camera and the motion sensor seems to go from black to gray. When I try to connect to the cameras to get a live view it times out, although it takes a little while.

I have tried a new switch, I have also replaced the ethernet cable, Internet is working fine, Base Station has three lights with the internet light flickering away... but no alerts, notifications and no recordings at all. I have restarted the base station... etc.

Is this a Arlo / Netgear issue / outage and will come right or is this my issue and I need to try something?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, have been down for about 24hours and am scratching my head wondering what to do next.

Thank you.
Rustus
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have Arlo Pro 2, (7 cameras), all cameras are not recording and I am not getting any notifications, I am unable to connect to the cameras to do live stream. Although I can see the battery levels / charging levels on each camera and the motion sensor seems to go from black to gray. When I try to connect to the cameras to get a live view it times out, although it takes a little while.

I have tried a new switch, I have also replaced the ethernet cable, Internet is working fine, Base Station has three lights with the internet light flickering away... but no alerts, notifications and no recordings at all. I have restarted the base station... etc.

Is this a Arlo / Netgear issue / outage and will come right or is this my issue and I need to try something?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, have been down for about 24hours and am scratching my head wondering what to do next.

Thank you.
KatieS
Aspirant
Aspirant

This has happened to ours too, have you had any luck?
Bagabond
Tutor
Tutor

Hi Rustus

As you have 7 camers I wonder if that means you may have a spare base station.  If so you could register it and attach one of your cameras  to it.

This may provide an indication as to whether your problems are with the existing base station?

Regards

Mbengson
Star
Star
My Arlo pros are not recording. They detect motion but nothing recorded. It showed one badge but when you go to look, there’s no video
Txbakers
Guide
Guide

Update:  I fixed the problem by opening the Arlo app and choosing “Add New Device.”  The app recognized my base station and set it up. This, of course, was starting over - like setting it up the first time. Then I had to sync my 4 cameras and name them again.  Voila, everything back to normal.  

Dannybear
Master
Master
Is your camera powered from mains, if so remove power and see if the recordings appear in the library. If they do then plug power back in and see if they stop working again. If this is repeatable, then use the web browser to reset the pinch and zoom setting in the cameras video settings and delete any activity zones if applied. Repeat for all other cameras you have.
Dannybear
Master
Master
I think this is a server problem, I read that someone got it working by using the add base function to get it back. Hope this helps.
Rustus
Aspirant
Aspirant
No, unfortunately all are still down...
Rustus
Aspirant
Aspirant
@Bagabond Unfortunately I don’t have a spare BaseStation to test, but a good idea though, I guess what I am trying to establish is, if this is my equipment or if this is a Arlo / Netgear issue... you can spend a lot of time chasing your tail, when the issue was nothing to do with your equipment but something to do with media servers... etc, in this case it appears that the BaseStation seems to have somehow disabled the cameras and I don’t seem to be able to re-enable them, I don’t seem to be able to connect to a live view...(just times out) but I can get accurate battery levels as I plug in a charger and see the icon change to charging. Cameras have all been without fault for the last 6 months until now.
Rustus
Aspirant
Aspirant
I guess what I am trying to establish is, if this is my equipment or if this is a Arlo / Netgear issue...?

You can spend a lot of time chasing your tail, when the issue was nothing to do with your equipment, but something to do with media servers... etc, in this case it appears that the BaseStation seems to have somehow disabled the cameras and I don’t seem to be able to re-enable them, I don’t seem to be able to connect to a live view...(just times out) but I can get accurate battery levels as I plug in a charger and see the icon change to charging. Cameras have all been without fault for the last 6 months until now.

Has anyone experienced anything similar to this?
linda185
Star
Star

I have two cameras on mains and two on battery. Neither of them show up in library. 

The only thing that helps in setting back the time zone. Don’t understand why this time zone changes all the time. 

Phil-S
Guide
Guide
Also happening for me. All five cameras some of which are plugged in and some of which are indoor or outdoor. All down with the same issue you are seeing. I suspect the new firmware is at fault.
Rustus
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yeah @Phil-S, that’s what I had suspected as well, but I don’t seem to be able to find any notifications of the issue... my firmware is 1.12.2.0_2794 is that the same as yours?
Rustus
Aspirant
Aspirant
Seems like we all are having similar issues, I had posted this earlier but sounds the same:

I guess what I am trying to establish is, if this is my equipment or if this is a Arlo / Netgear issue...?

You can spend a lot of time chasing your tail, when the issue was nothing to do with your equipment, but something to do with media servers... etc, in this case it appears that the BaseStation seems to have somehow disabled the cameras and I don’t seem to be able to re-enable them, I don’t seem to be able to connect to a live view...(just times out) but I can get accurate battery levels as I plug in a charger and see the icon change to charging. Cameras have all been without fault for the last 6 months until now.

Has anyone experienced anything similar to this?

My firmware is 1.12.2.0_2794
Phil-S
Guide
Guide

I'm also experiencing the issue were I can't connect to the cameras from the app or the arlo website to see any recorded or live videos. But on a hunch I grabbed my local USB drive and surprisingly enough it is recording locally for me. So until they fix whatever fiasco is going on I'd recommend plugging in a USB drive to your base station to at least have something recording.

Phil-S
Guide
Guide

I might need to take back my camera firmware assumption. I plugged a USB drive in and it is recording to it. This might be a server issue as things seem to be working locally. Perhaps it's a server issue instead?

8888h
Tutor
Tutor
Yes me too, since 18/19 recording has dropped and I can't access the cameras to view. I took on the app upgrade as last time this had changed and resolved the issue. I see an error "There was a problem establishing a connection to the media server" so as you indicate something around the recording process has failed.
milton_mike
Guide
Guide

when you login to the website with Chrome browser do you get the "There was a problem establishing a connection to the media server" error?