Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Sussexdude1
Star
Star

Over the last two days my home station seems to change my time zone at midnight every day, this being a huge pain when scanning back over recordings. I have tried resetting on Arlo web site, iPad and iPhone but midnight strikes time zone changes again. HELP !

1,067 REPLIES 1,067
wellfleetion
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thanks ChinJing. I also sent my above post to Consumer Reporrts.
wellfleetion
Apprentice
Apprentice
ChinJing
Luminary
Luminary

Going on close to one month of our arlo pro base stations going offline 1-5 times or more a day for an hour each time randomly. Cannot get any kind of reply from arlo. We only got the run around from tech support replaced base station 3 times. Changed routers. Etc. but we cannot get any kind of public announcement or reply from arlo. Are you aware of the problem ? Are you fixing it ? We are paying a monthly subscription fee. Can you please tell the consumers and customers what in Sam Hill is going on with your firmware and arlo pro base stations. You should give us an update at least. Has anyone heard anything from arlo. Feel like I am posting/ talking to a wall with arlo. There is not one thing that seems to be working here.

Keck
Star
Star
Anyone having a problem with their base going off line should be contacting support and requesting a replacement base. I say this because I’ve called and they sent me an RMA at no cost. I am with 1 year of purchase. They said it’s not my fault and it’s a problem on their side. So they are replacing the base. Tech people understand the changes in firmware and hardware can have issues like this, so I believe they know there is an issue, but don’t know how to fix it yet. It’s like a router being out dated and unable to process/communicate properly with servers. Good luck!
ChinJing
Luminary
Luminary
We are on our 4th base station. Arlo replaced 2 of them at no cost. Without warranty. The other one we got from amazon and had to return /replace that one also within 30 days. This was all done within the last month after the firmware update in May. Every base station keeps going offline. Many times a day. We replaced the router also. Arlo tech support seems to be encouraging base stations get replaced. But the replacements don’t seem to be any better.
Dearjohn012
Apprentice
Apprentice

If you guys are wondering. I just replaced 3 of my cameras + base station with a brand new set today. Clean installed.

And it’s still going offline. LOL!

*ARLO!!!

Dannybear
Master
Master
I have a new base from Amazon turning up tomorrow. I don’t wish to use it as I’m afraid of the firmware breaking it.
I will just keep power cycling the old base hourly to maintain functionality until the on-off switch breaks and have it replaced under warranty.
Hopefully Arlo has the issue resolved before the warranty runs out.

Hopefully they aren’t waiting for my warranty to run out.

Hopefully they are still around when the warranty runs out.
LuckyArlo
Star
Star

Same here. Under mode setting, my Arlo base station says “Getting Information” or “Offline” multiple times everyday. Only temporary solution is to power cycle the base station. This has been going on for over a month in a half  and getting close to two months for me now. I called Arlo support many times and still no fix.  I received from Arlo another base station and setup all my cameras as new. Same issue still occurs. Nothing has worked. 

ChinJing
Luminary
Luminary

What can we do ? We have tried 4 base stations 2 routers. Countless resets. Is there ever going to be a fix or is it going to get worse ? Has anyone heard anything ? How many months is this problem going to be going on for ? Is arlo going to compensate people for their time and loss ?

Bartley
Luminary
Luminary

This will be the fourth week for me also. Totally unacceptable for consumers that shelled out some dollars for cameras that don't even remotely function as advertised anymore since the May firmare update. My doorbell is totally worthless right now. We also still pay a monthly fee for a service that is not being provided as advertised as well. That in iteself for the duration of time is ripping off their customer base and no communications from Arlo is their lack of respect for their customer base. That is as plain and simple as it gets.  

fractalchic
Apprentice
Apprentice
We had an issue with our internet connection on Friday of last week which I rectified on Saturday morning by implementing a mobile data failback. I didn’t know whether the issues we had on Friday last week were because of the failed internet connection or the base station so I wanted to wait to report further here until wed fixed the internet connection issue.

Had the base station on a custom mode all weekend with no issues at all. Left for work this morning and put it in the Armed mode (pre-existing mode) and it’s been working fine all morning until about 30 mins ago when the base station went offline. Trying to get onto the chat now to let them know this additional information. However, I too do not understand how they can still be reporting everything as being fine on their system status webpage.

If people want to take things further and are on FB, then I’d suggest making a complaint there as well. It will not only be visible to more people, but I also got another car number and a callback from the US (I’m in Australia) on Saturday morning.
KenRBNJ
Tutor
Tutor

Whatever engineering time masterminded this:

VMB3010 basestation 1.12.2.2_2754,xagent 3.2.7-rc1

FIRE THEM.  They're imbeciles.

There was a time I recommended Arlo to many folks -- the "Second home in Florida" community had been hearing raves about Arlo.   I'd guess a tidy dozen systems were purchased on my recommendation..

Then, on June 13; all of this changed.  This POS forced update is a failure.  Failure people who took over for a decent product.  Failure.  I mean, look in the mirror, engineering teams at Netgear:  FAILURE.  That is what is reflected.  A failure face.   And the QA department?  Failures.   I know that engineering help is hard to get.  However, consider doing without; instead of having a FAILURE.   That's what you have.  Failures.   Sub-par engineers who are simply failures.   What can I say?   You fielded failure software; forcing your failure creation into the field..  Causing many failures.

I will *never* recommend.. Check that:  I will recommend AGAINST Arlo from here forward.

I will buy products from people who are not FAILURES.  Arlo:  You are a FAILURE.  Netgear; whomever you recruited:  You fail.  

I am going to buy my ticket back to Florida; I will take this Arlo crap to the "Restore" -- and will buy a competing product.

Because I do not work with failures and their failure creations.

Apprentice
Apprentice
Please post the hardware revision numbers of your old and your new base. I think support is just providing a new base as a hail Mary pass attempt at scoring a resolution.
wellfleetion
Apprentice
Apprentice
Mine was again offline from 1am to 5am. I’m glad my place wasn’t broken into or something worse! Great system - !!!!
wellfleetion
Apprentice
Apprentice
Mine was again offline from 1am to 5am. I’m glad my place wasn’t broken into or something worse! Great system - !!!!
wellfleetion
Apprentice
Apprentice
I put a 1 Star review and complaint with the Better Business bureau yesterday. This is unbelievable.
MikeArlo65
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello guys,

since I have my Arlo system, my Arlo base goes offline every 2-3 weeks. Each time I nedd to delete base, unplug base, reset it (needs 5-10 tries), remove and put back batteries in each cam, synchronize each cam, name it, etc.

I'm so tired to do this

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Mike

Dannybear
Master
Master
For those that aren’t aware that this is all déjà vu, have a read of the following thread from back in April especially the linked threads.

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro-2/Arlo-Base-Station-randomly-online-and-offline-Internet-no-l...
wellfleetion
Apprentice
Apprentice
I just noted that after being offline from 1am to 5am that when my base station came back online my video record settings were changed back to defaults and I had to change them back
Perthie
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi community and ARLO support team, ever since the last arlo software update on my phone the system has never been the same, frequently having devices offline when the system is armed and base station connected to the internet. Reconnect cameras to system and they will be good for a couple weeks then randomly go offline again. Not sure what bugs got fixed but the app system has been worse off since the update.

Jrmmp
Aspirant
Aspirant

My system is showing offline even though system is armed and internet is working. 

Dearjohn012
Apprentice
Apprentice
Have a quick question for everyone.

People currently having offline issues. Do you have a USB stick added to your base station?

I'm testing out a new set up and without a USB connected, the base station seems to work fine.
tonysqrd
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am so tired of this too. This must have been the worst hardware/software combination I have ever bought. Cannot connect to it when I need to, the base station gets disconnected, range sucks and NO RANGE EXTENSION. My 4rth camera is 52 feet straight away from the base station and only works 1/8 of the time. (I am in the woods btw, with no interference. 

I found your post because I am away from my home and although I can connect to all my other devices the Arlo crapware is once again down.  

ChinJing
Luminary
Luminary
We have a usb connected to both base stations that go offline. We are hesitant to pull the usb out because of the offline issues. We also notice battery draining super fast lately of all cameras. Please keep updated about offline issue without usb.
Dearjohn012
Apprentice
Apprentice

Once the base station goes offline, I don't think your cameras will record to USB stick.

I think when Arlo updated firmware to address USB problem, it may have messed up something.

My test base station without USB is working fine for the past 24 hours without going offline.