Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Sussexdude1
Star
Star

Over the last two days my home station seems to change my time zone at midnight every day, this being a huge pain when scanning back over recordings. I have tried resetting on Arlo web site, iPad and iPhone but midnight strikes time zone changes again. HELP !

1,067 REPLIES 1,067
Mjbeuke
Apprentice
Apprentice

Does anyone else have an Arlo Doorbell with or Chime? When my base station freezes, as we are all so frusteratingly experiencing, the Doorbell and Chime lose pairing with one another - and the doorbell loses pairing with the camera. If I go into device settings for the doorbell - the camera and chime no longer show as paired, nor is there an option to re-pair them. Same thing in the chime - go into device settings and the doorbell is gone, and the only thing here is "add doorbell" which is syncing a new one.... The only way to bring everything to function again is to remove all 3 devices from my account and re-add them.... which is a PIA because the only way to sync the doorbell is to use a screwdriver to remove the cover and pull a battery to reset it.... 

Does anyone else out there have these devices that can speak to whether they have this issue when the station freezes/resets? I literally bought another doorbell, chime, base station, and single camera and replaced all 4 yesterday - exact same issue.....

Erock218
Guide
Guide
I would recommend anyone that still can return your Arlo gear do so ASAP.
I bought mine right before the firmware update and it worked for like 2 days then turned to a bunch of useless **bleep**. I opened a case with Arlo, spoke to reps for like 4 days with no acknowledgement that there was an issue and they just told me to keep uninstalling the app and or resetting the base. I I cannot imagine a worse support team then the support team at Arlo, I was still within my 30 days and returned this pile of crap to BestBuy and got myself the Nest outdoor IQ cams and this system is light-years better then Arlo and works flawlessly. It's worth the extra money to me to have a working system then waiting for God knows how long for Arlo to get their **bleep** together.
ChinJing
Luminary
Luminary
One of my bass stations was offline as I was type this. It seems it is power cycling itself. And coming back now. Another one is missing some recording previously today but online now.
NicheFarmer
Star
Star

I am not sure the schedule issue is the problem. Rather, it seems like a side effect of a symptom (the changing of the settings) resulting from the real problem (the random freezing/rebooting of the base station) combined with another problem, the inconsistent magement of settings data between the applications. However, I am just speculating.

I actually could help them fix it but they couldn't pay me enough money to get involved with this mess. 🙂 I just hope they do address some of these problems sooner than later because this system has a good set of features (but they aren't much good if they aren't reliable!)

wellfleetion
Apprentice
Apprentice
So lame this experience has been. I think my Arlo cam films everything but actual moving people. Got in my car to go to my 2nd job and there are no recordings of me leaving my place and getting into my car or driving off. Everything in between those moments are there. Wtf? Record time set to 120 seconds. Just another thing noticed. Sorry to derail.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

We continue to deploy firmware updates that address the issue in which the time zone changes to the default setting of Pacific Standard Time. We expect that this issue will be fully resolved once we have completed testing and deployment of these ongoing firmware updates.

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience as we work to resolve this issue. 

Thank you,

Arlo Team

NickDi
Apprentice
Apprentice

Jessica,

I all due respect... thisn is no longer about a Time Zone issue.  If Arlo feels they have accomplished anything solving that, they are in the clouds.  Read the whole forum thread.  this is about Base station lost connectivity and restarts which causes all the problems including Time Zone.  Fix that please.

Keck
Star
Star
Starting a new thread to replace the time zone change issue. Firmware fixed the time from changing, but left the other issues still problematic. Please fix!!!!

- base goes offline numerous times a day. This disconnects cameras, door bells and reverts settings to default Arlo original preset Armed or disarmed.

- base will reconnect on its own, but takes 1-2 hours.

- video quality has diminished

- USB can’t be formatted and some videos will not play due to ERROR.

Arlo users... please add your input to this feed.. thank you.
Ntruong
Aspirant
Aspirant

my 2 arlo bases keep going offline more than 5 times a day on both off my system , the time zone problem seen like it fixed .

please do some things about i paid alot money for these system .

ChinJing
Luminary
Luminary
Hello. I spoke to 2 different people at Arlo tech support teir 2 who told me that arlo is aware there is an offline issue.
We have 2 base stations also going offline 1-5 times a day. When it power cycles back on- the individual camera settings and modes get changed. Back to motions sensitivity 80% optimized video quality led battery light on and no audio detection and notifications on.
Another problem is that schedule modes don’t work. The schedule will go to disarmed by itself at midnight. This has bean happening for some time. We just use armed mode and manually switch between custom modes at night. The schedule is unreliable.
Batteries have bean draining super fast since the May firmware update. Not sure if it’s because the cameras are searching for the base that is unresponsive.
People may not be aware of the offline issue because lights on the base can stay green and the iOS app gives little indication the base is in an offline mode - no recordings or notifications. The only indicator sometimes in the web and app is the battery and WiFi icons under the camera are missing. And mode says getting information.
I have also read some community posts about numerous other problems with the android app and other issues.
I would say that teir one tech support has bean detrimental regarding this issue because they tell people to replace their base stations. So people spend 16$ on shipping.
Another problem is with arlos billing department. I was billed 6 times for the 16$ rma return fee. The rma online didn’t work. I called billing and even emailed them my credit card statement. Never got a full refund. Had to file claim with credit card. Also I cancelled a 1 year subscription on the advice of someone thinking this would fix the offline issue - and never got a partial refund for that also. Either the billing department is writing the firmware for the cameras or vice versa. Either way everything is in total disarray.
Mjbeuke
Apprentice
Apprentice

@JessicaP  @JamesC 

Can you please tell all of in this thread if Arlo/your support team is even aware of the fact that 4000 base stations for the Arlo Pro 2 system have been freezing and causing all sorts of intermittent issues??? NOT JUST THE TIME ZONE!!!

The firmware update only fixed the timezone change - and not the freezing. The BIGGER underlying problem with this defective firmware.

Can you also explain to all of us in this thread why every person who brings up this issue in a new thread gets merged under this thread - that is marked as "solved" and doesnt even any longer indicate there is an issue with the freezes or have any relevance to them?

Are you guys purposefully throwing our comments in this bunk thread to keep us out the the mainstream eyes?

Most of us have support tickets in and have spoken with Tier 2 support of above.... AND THERE IS NO FIX!!!

HELP US PLEASE with this garbage. I also Private Messaged you both. This is desperate needing Arlo's attention.

Mjbeuke
Apprentice
Apprentice
HW VersionVMB4000r3
Firmware1.12.2.2_2754

This base station freezing is a serious ongoing issue that started with the 2798 firmware and has not been resolved with the most recent 2754 firmware designed to fix the timezone changing...... It is the biggest issue plaguing every single 4000 base station whether or not people are aware of it.

It have made my system completely useless and comprised. Arlo is going to lose a ton of face and customers if they don't resolve this issue quickly. I'm ready to post my scathing reviews on every site - Best Buy, Amazon, Microcenter, etc - multiple times over to hopefully save some other poor sap from wasting their money on this garbage....

PLEASE FIX THIS ARLO

vizsla4084
Apprentice
Apprentice
HW VersionVMB4000r3
Firmware1.12.2.2_2754

I seem to think that the v _2754 firmware update helped with teh Time Zone change.

Like many others though, there are other , more major issues happening as well.

Almost daily , that I notice, my base "freezes". Sometime the midlle light is off. Sometimes after a while the light comes on , but solid. Either way, the cameras are not recording, clips are not going to the library, motion notifications are NOT being sent. Sometimes the base will start working on its own. Usually I end up cyclng power on teh base and functionality returns in about 5 minutes.

I think this is the underlying issue, and the TZ change, FLicker setting change, etc are just symptoms of a bigger problem.

brettmcl
Guide
Guide

I have been following this thread with interest and a degree of frustration that I think all prior posts have captured. However, I have been prompted to post  based on the diffrence between schedules on mobile device and desktop. 

Running for Arlo Pro camera and the  VMB4000r3 base station with the 1.12.2.2_2754 firmware. In Australian Eastern Standard Time zone -- in Melbourne VIC (GMT+10)

I just updated all my  schedules  as there was a difference between the desktop and moble app. However the two platform is do not correctly synced. For example on the mobile app the schedule os armed between 5:31pm and 10:58 pm while on the the be desktop app the time is 5:31 to 10.59.

If I change the time on the moble app, to match the desktop, the desktop changes to 5:31 to 11:00pm an remainds out of sync. So if this lack of sync is not simply a UI glitch it creates an inherent scheduling conflict whic could contribute to dropout and timezone issues.

ChinJing
Luminary
Luminary
mjbueke
You can try to call arlo teir 2 support. 2 people have told me they are aware of the offline issue. No eta on fix. They have a different number than regular tech support. You can demand to be transferred to them from teir one. Not sure if I believe anything but I was told this. I also voiced concern over why moderators are complete silent.
RB321
Apprentice
Apprentice
Mate! I am in NZ, so similar time zone. I really do think, the more today drags on, that there is a real issue with conflicts with the web portal and, in my case the iOS app. I have created a custom mode, and set it to that , while not ideal, it seems to be functioning fine. It would be interesting to learn that those that are having issues are working on a custom schedule, rather than a set mode (be it armed or a custom mode version, in my case it doesn't seem to matter) I observed that I too had a difference in status between the app and the web portal. But only while I was running it in schedule with custom modes, as soon as I fix a mode they both look the same. Interesting thing is, different times of the day determine (when in schedule mode) if the two devices say the same thing, Mine is ok during the day seemingly, but sh!ts itself at night, and then comes right the next day about 7.00 am. Funnily enough at 7.00 am I have a mode change in my schedule. So it looks like the time, or clock the base station is looking at, is the key, and the shifting of time zone, which doesn't happen to me now with the 1.12.2.2_2754 firmware update is only a small part of it
ChinJing
Luminary
Luminary
if people feel frustrated that they are not being heard and not getting answers you can also submit tips to websites like consumer reports , CNET, and other electronic reviewers who have recommended arlo. The night look into the issue and help push arlo to fix the issue
Dannybear
Master
Master
I recall that there was an issue earlier this year that the schedule was switching to disarmed mode when using custom modes.
It was related to the schedule hours end point being set to the top of the hour by the web portal but on the App it was defaulted to 59 mins.
Arlo then made the web portal mimic the app but if your schedule was originally created with the web portal before it was fixed then the issue would remain until the schedules were recreated.
Hope this helps.
Apprentice
Apprentice
I had 1 cam refuse to provide notifications and library videos. However it was resolved after an unexplained 1.5 hour outage last Friday. My problems had started on May 23/24. The only remaining problems are the USB format issue and some short very short intermittent offlining. Also I'm not sure if it's my imagination but video quality seems lower like it's been intentionally dialed down.

If you have problems the best way to put Arlo on the hook is file a BBB complaint. Trust me they will contact you immediately. While this didn't help me resolve technical issues it did take me away from the orbit of incompetent support and moderators having you do BS procedures without acknowledging the problem is internal to Arlo. It's also fair for you to make Arlo acxountable to file the complaint.
willy3000
Initiate
Initiate

Ok the update fixed the time zone issue for me. But still having the problem of the basestation always being offline

Stupot1947
Guide
Guide

I have just been invoiced by Arlo for a service that is being thwarted by these ongoing (and apparently ignored) issues.

My latest experience is an 11 hour outage, overnight where I have had no recordings when usually I have 20 or more!

I am not happy.  I am thinking of setting up my original VMB3000 base station to see if this suffers the same trials!

Aec
Star
Star
This is happening to my setup too. The base station is getting information so nothing is visible in the time line, yet the cameras are recording motion. Ten minutes or more go by, but still no way to see what was there. Could it be that Basic 7-day free subscriptions are going to be phased out?
Reddoggfogg
Aspirant
Aspirant
Use the chat function to reach support and after all the repeated runaround nonsense, in the chat, that you will have to laboriously copy and paste for your record, the out "this chat serves as legal notice for Arlo Technologies repeated failure to correct this known ongoing problem and their knowledge that they are leaving my family and household vulnerable and will be held accountable for any and all harm and damages" If off shore support finally gets enough of this, if the engineering department finally gets enough of this, perhaps will get the needed fix. At the very least, perhaps they will stop promoting more"home security" until they can truly provide home security and all that entails
7-
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried everything to get this to work, the internet connection light and the camera light just keeps blinking.  I can't change the mode to manuel, it won' t let me.  My camera worked great for the entire winter and now I can't get it to do anything.  It will not upgrade. I just got a message the camera rejected upgrade request.  What have you done to my camera Arlo?