Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Sussexdude1
Star
Star

Over the last two days my home station seems to change my time zone at midnight every day, this being a huge pain when scanning back over recordings. I have tried resetting on Arlo web site, iPad and iPhone but midnight strikes time zone changes again. HELP !

1,067 REPLIES 1,067
ChinJing
Luminary
Luminary
Hello. We are in pacific time and have not seen any firmware update. I have tried power cycling the base and it didn’t get any new firmware. Our base station went offline 3 times yesterday. Level 2 tech said they are not aware of an offline issue. When our base goes offline the light for internet on the base goes out and the app just says getting status. But the base can reconnect on its own after about an hour usually. So possibly many people also are having this problem but wouldn’t notice it. During the time the base is semi offline there are no recordings or notifications. It’s possible people may think they are just missing notifications or recordings unless you are looking at the base station at that time
AndrewCH
Guide
Guide

I am in UTC +1 zone and having exactly the same problems as ChinJing describes.

AndrewCH
Guide
Guide

I forgot to say that at the same time the time zone goes back to Pacific and all the camera sensitivities revert to 80% from the manually set values.

Mjbeuke
Apprentice
Apprentice
My pro 2 4000 base station has been doing the same crap.... I will log into the app or web portal and it will be “getting information” and then freeze up. The battery and motion icons won’t show up - it will just sit there and do nothing. Sometimes it will reboot itself at this point but most times I have to restart the device through the app or hard power cycle it...... every time it restarts and freezes like this - it also causes my doorbell to wig out - and the doorbell will then loose connection with the front door camera its paired with - and the chime no longer works.....

So literally everything this this freezes I have to remove and repair the doorbell and chime.

I bought this system 2 months ago and am beyond fed up. Arlo has lost me as a customer for good - whether or not they get their act together and fix these glaring issues that 95% of their customer base are dealing with and are frustrated with....

This is one of the most disappointing purchases I have made in a very long time - and one that started out so satisfying and deteriorated to this in 2 months time due to firmware..... get us together Arlo!!!!
Mrdisappointed
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've changed the time from PST to EST at least four times.  It keeps reverting to PST.  I hit the hard to find save button before exiting so that's not the problem.

ChinJing
Luminary
Luminary
There doesn’t seem to be yet and specific time our base goes semi/offline. Sometimes it’s at night and sometimes afternoon or morning. Yesterday and today it has gone semi offline several times but all at different times.
Zach02
Guide
Guide

I'm having the same issue!!!

Been going on for about a month now!

It switches the time zone from Central Time (US & Cananda) to Pacific Time (US & Cananda).

vizsla4084
Apprentice
Apprentice

I just had a "Chat" with Arlo Support about my open case.

This is their response ... Not that I totally beleive them.

"Thank you for waiting. As per checking on the system, your case has been forwarded to the other department to add you on the list of customers that was having the same issue so once we do fix the said issue you'll get notified. Our engineering team are still working on it to isolate the problem."

I asked them to escalate it further since ............ I have not heard anything from Arlo Support in about three weeks... actually NEVER , since opening this case.

vizsla4084
Apprentice
Apprentice

Arlo Chat Support follow-up ....

I see. Yes we have escalated the case already to higher level of support. Your issue has been a known issue and the engineering department are still working on it. No worries once we receive feedback from them we will be notifying you via email.

Apprentice
Apprentice
This is the era of fake news. Make Arlo Great Again.
ant
Mentor
Mentor

I woke up and saw the base station crashed (lights weren't blinking anymore and my iPhone 4S' iOS app said it was offline). After rebooting, I noticed the wireless cameras had firmware updates. I had problems downloading and upgrading manually, but finally got all five cameras updated. Did anyone else have these problems too?

Ind_ra
Aspirant
Aspirant

The same issue here (UK). Resetting the time zone to Pacific. Can't even get anyone from support to answer. As if this would make a bliping differece!

My base  resets the time couple of times per week and all the recordings are jumbled. And also goes offline for no reason (as some users mentioned). Cameras working again (but I have sneaky suspicion that the sensitivity resets to 80% everytime this happends).

VMB4000r3 on 1.12.2.1_2798 firmware.

Stupot1947
Guide
Guide
JoeR73
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same here. Have you found a solution yet?
Stupot1947
Guide
Guide

@JoeR73 wrote:
Same here. Have you found a solution yet?

Short answer is no.  There is supposed to be an update but it is not yet available. 

Cvpi71
Aspirant
Aspirant
Nope..
The base station constantly goes offline every few hours which in turns doesn’t record anything. then time zone changes to pacific time, I would change back and then when I check it again I am bout or so it’s back to pacific time. it’s getting rather annoying . Is Arlo working on the fix ???
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

No problem with base units, but yes, here at about 3 am the camera was flashing and woke me up...

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
vizsla4084
Apprentice
Apprentice

I just received a reposnse from the Arlo Smart Home Facebook page, where I left a question about this issue. It looks like a copy/paste , same canned answer that was posted by Arlo here yesterday.

= = = =

Does anyone know if Arlo Support is REALLY working on a reported issue ( Chat, tickets, online, and via the Community page ) that has the Wireless Pro2 Base unit changing the Time Zone back to Pacific Time for no good reason? It has been well over 2 weeks now. I have a Case open and I have heard literally ZERO responses to my case. I email updates at least daily but have still heard ZERO Response.

Additionally, the base unit intermittently disconnects and all monitoring activity STOPS.

No, there is nothing wrong with my Home Network. There are people reporting this and similar issues from all over the world, so it is not just me. I have seen people reporting issues on the Community page from the US, Australia, UK, Israel ... just to name a few.

= = = = 

Arlo Smart Home Hi XXXXXXXXX,

Our team is aware of reports that some customers may be experiencing an issue in which the time zone changes to the default setting of Pacific Standard Time within the Arlo app. We have investigated this bug and our team is working on a resolution.

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience. We will provide you an update by 3PM PT/June 6, 2019. 

Best Regards,
KN

= = = =

wellfleetion
Apprentice
Apprentice
Same thing here. Changes time zone from eastern to Pacific. Also loses connection daily. This has been happening for weeks. So much for this expensive “security” camera working to keep me secure. A total unreliable joke of a camera! . Glad I got the BestBuy protection plan!
Dearjohn012
Apprentice
Apprentice

EVERYONE should take this to social + News media!

Arlo should fix this ASAP and refund/credit everyone for their * up.

ChinJing
Luminary
Luminary
My arlo pro base has gone off line at least 3 times today that I know of. Possibly more.
Rickykl
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having the same issue daily! Also looses 2 hours record time when this happens

( they maybe on my usb stick) what is arlo doing about this anybody know? Would not recommend these cameras to anybody as they are unreliable as of late!!

pissed off I am.

wellfleetion
Apprentice
Apprentice

My base continues to go offline and then the time zone changes to Pacific and then doesn't record properly. This happens multiple times a day. Obviously it's the last software "update" that screwed everything up. Fix this!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its been 2 weeks now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wellfleetion
Apprentice
Apprentice

And paying such a premium price and where is the customer service? I hear you need to wait for call backs??? WHAT? Then many don't even get call backs??? WHAT? Talk about leaving your customer's on an island. Jeesh, thanks Netgear! 

WLynne
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am in Canada and I want to share with you all that today my Base Station did not go off line nor did I have to reset my Time Zone back from Pacific Time.  I have Version 2.7.2.  A day or two ago, I  contacted Arlo for support and was given a Case Number.  Keeping my fingers crossed.